We Landed Here: A tale of three girls on a hostile planet

Started by ShadowDragon8685, November 07, 2013, 06:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowDragon8685

So. You think you're in for a nice trip in cryo, free from dreams and nightmares. You go under peacefully, on your way to a new world... And then you wake up to the sound of alarm klaxons and smoke. Your cryo-pod rips free from the wall and you manage to leap free, jumping, clawing, kicking, biting, anything, to get into that one-man escape pod and get the hell out of what has become, essentially, Hell. Your pod tear-asses through space for just long enough for the soul-rending, panties-pissing terror of whatever happened to the ship to wear down and be replaced by soul-numbing, existential terror of what's going to come next. If there is a God, or Gods, or Goddess, or Goddesses, or Ten Million Kami or whatever, you're going to land on a civilized world, with things like law enforcement, civil services, and foster families.

Then you get a good scan on your datapad from the landing pod's sensors. You're coming down in the goddamned crags of some forsaken scrublands, half desert and half dirt, and there's no beacons anywhere in the system, other than the distress beacon of the ship which is now a debris field.

Then you land, stumble out of the pod, get a good look around. The first stroke of luck is that this world is earth-normal, more or less, so you can breathe and eat things that grow here. Hell, there's agave and saguaro cacti growing, so it must have been seeded by one of those probe-ships they sent out millions of years ago.

And then you realize who you landed with. A space marine, skilled in survival, or maybe a professional colonist, a lifelong frontiersman who makes a living packing up and moving out when the local planet he's settled gets too civilized for his tastes?

We're three teenaged girls. Oh hell, we're doomed.

This is us. Goddesses help us all... I guess I'd better introduce us all. I'm not going to write down who I am.

Up at the top, the Asian looking girl with the short brown hair and the lithe build, is Lin. She's like a headcase or something. She's a nerd girl from a midworld who was in some kind of junior cadets program. Completely lost in computer games and fiction about empires and super soldiers, she even has - or well, had - this really silly black and red peaked cap with some kind of silver badge. I guess she lost it in the crash. She keeps going on about how she's this veteran military commissar and she should be in charge... And she has practically no social graces whatsoever. I don't mean that she's a slob, or she doesn't wash or anything, but she has like, no clue how to talk to people, even her peers, face-to-face. So she kind of defaults to that 'Commissar' personality. It'd be cute if it wasn't so damn aggravating.

The brown-haired girl with the figure is Juno. She was some kind of lordling as a kid - a bratty girl whose only acclaims were that she was pushed out of the vagina of a landed noblewoman, and that she was a mischievous devil who got into everything. A mining ship came trading at her planet - you know how it is, places like that have one communications array and some half-addled idiot three generations down from the actual technician who installed it who thinks he's a techpriest, worshipping the batteries and solar panels that keep it going. Anyway, trade was done, and she stowed away on a mining ship... At the age of nine. You might think that would end pretty badly, and, well, it ended pretty much exactly how you're expecting it ended, except that she wound up warming the bunk of a female space miner instead of a man. At least it got her an education of sorts, in the way things are in the galaxy on planets that are not ass-backwards. Somehow she learned to dig really, really well, and learned to brawl. She finally got tired of being someone's bunk-warmer and slipped away on a station with a fistful of credits taking passage on the first ship she could find... Probably wishes she were back in her miner's arms. She's got an artistic side to her, but also a touch of the acquisitiveness. I don't think that's going to be a problem here, though - there's nothing to steal, and anything we get is going to be shared by simple virtue of the fact that here we bloody are!

And then there's the blonde, Ayers. From a massive ecunemopolis world, Ayers' claim to fame is being the oldest of us... By which I mean that on built-up planets with conservative laws, she'd be considered old enough to smoke, have sex and join the military, but still three years away from drinking alcohol. She was an urbworld urchin, one of tens of millions like her throughout the galaxy - street meat. Unwanted kids, thrown out in the absence or disinterest in social programs. She scrapped, scraped, and fought for every morsel of food she could find, and did well. From the street rat she reinvented herself as a teenager into a businesswoman, cutthroat and competitive, but successful. At least until her past came calling, and one of her old gang threatened to reveal the nature of several felonies she had been involved in unless she paid him off. Ayers went to see him, had a gun with her, and shot him dead on the spot... It was just her luck that some other kid saw the exchange (of gunfire.) She couldn't exactly shoot down a kid, so she grabbed what money she could and fled offworld, looking to find a new urbworld to set up shop again. Instead she landed here. She claims that she should be in charge, since she's the oldest and presumably most experienced.

I suppose now would be a good time to show you where 'here' is. We spent a while looking over the terrain images taken by my pod on the way down.

F

M

L

We're stuck beside an enormous freaking mountain. Juno says it's obvious we're on the leeward side; enough rainfall makes it over here to water the local area, but past that it looks like it's more or less desert to the west. North and south are more of the same; mixed brush and sand, mountain to the east of us, crags all around. There's a lot of wildlife; squirrels seem abundant, but there's also some kind of red rodent. My datapad analyzed the nearest one, proclaimed it to be a "Boomrat" and helpfully informs us that when killed, they have a similar effect to an incendiary grenade.

Fucking wonderful. There's also "Muffalo," but they seem to be more or less harmless, if territorial. Lin suggested - well, ordered that we hunt them for food. Juno asked her, ever-so-sweetly, if she knew how to skin and filet a once-living creature. That made Lin pause for a moment, then she proclaimed that Juno should do it, being the one who came from a world where that kind of thing was common.

Juno proceeded to recount, in gory detail, a time she had seen her mother and her huntmaidens return from a hunt with the carcass of something called a "horndeer," had strung the thing up in the courtyard of their manor house and dissected it. That pretty much broke Lin completely; the commissar vanished and she started to cry. Ayers hugged her, and Juno then mentioned that not only did she not intend to hunt any critters for food or pelts, but that she didn't actually know how to do so in any event. As Ayers had never even seen a living creature as large as a muffalo before this, that pretty much put the kibosh on that. Looks like we're on a vegetarian diet. (Juno could stand to slim down a bit anyway. All hips and no boobs is not a particularly attractive look, especially on a girl her age.)

We discuss what we should do. Juno has some skill at construction - putting together and tearing down mining jigs, whatever a jig is - and our pods helpfully contained prefabricators that will let us put up a limited, but useful, selection of structures and help us build some basic necessities.

Looking around, there's tons of steam geysers around the immediate area. One is even inside the mountain, but we can see it steaming out through a vent. Lin immediately suggests that safety can be found behind the rock, at which point Ayers gets freaky. It turns out she's claustrophobic and prone to nightmares. She adamantly refuses, but Lin and Juno both agree that they want someplace safe and defensible. We promise to dig her a nice big room as soon as possible.

First thing's first, though: there's a massive chunk of rocky ores immediately next to us. We're going to need all the metal and food we can get, so we'll start by stockpiling it. Then we move up near the steam vent to set up camp.

Lin and Ayers squabble over the gun. Lin says she's the best markswoman, Ayers says she's older and she's the only one who's actually killed someone before. Ayers' objection is withdrawn when it's pointed out that both she and Juno are handy with their fists and improvised melee weapons, while Lin is not. Lin takes the gun, and we get started. Juno shows us which end of these picks to hold, and we'll have to get to it.

Day 1, Hour 17: Good gods that was hard work! Juno seemed suited to it, but Lin and Ayers were panting like dogs. How we kept at that for seventeen straight hours without killing each other or taking a break, I can only ascribe to the survival implants our escape pods injected us with. Evidently, they make our bodies generate some kind of natural attention focus drug that keeps us on task, and we spent the whole time chatting. Then we hauled the metal and the nearby foodstuffs into the stockpile. It's bright out, but thankfully not unbearable. Mainly the light seems to be reflected from the gas giant, not direct.

Anyway, we've grabbed what we can from the local area. We have over 1,700 units of metal and 186 of "food." I'm not sure what this stuff is; Juno says it's spaceboard survival rations, raw boxes of what they call "Potatoes." We stuffed it in the stockpile anyway, now it's time to relocate. Lin's suggested that the first thing we need to worry about is our defenses. That sounds nuts, but Lin got a little hysterical, spelling out in rather terrifyingly graphic details what a group of bandits, raiders, or slavers who got their hands on three teenaged girls would do to them.

I have to say it's been on my mind; it looks like it's been on all of our minds. Juno's particularly uncomfortable at the idea, and so it's unanimous: we shall erect some defenses first. We designate some sleeping areas up north and get to work.

Day 2, Hour 0: Well, this is what our work since light until we fell asleep has wrought. A half-completed... Shack? I'm not sure why we appear to be walling ourselves in, but Juno explains that it's an artifact of the auto-constructors we're using. If we want a roof over our heads, they absolutely insist on a completely enclosed building. Since we're not planning for this building to be permanent, as it's just a temporary shelter and fighting position, we'll finish the walls first, thus roofing it in, and then demolish the walls to reclaim some of the metal, rather than building doors (which are expensive.)

I also learned that Juno isn't actually super-hippy, just wearing an outfit that makes it look that way. I learned this because she didn't seem able to actually sleep while clothed, and had to sleep using her outfit as a blanket. We really need to make getting some real bedrooms a priority. FML.

We also went to bed hungry, which sucks. Evidently, once we've put the foodstuffs and other materials into the stockpile - which Lin explained was a kind of military/survival field stockpile using ubiquitous matter transportation tech - they can only be materialized in the appropriate location; IE, when we use our auto-builders (for metal,) or inside of a nutrient processor (for food.) So for breakfast, it looks like we're going to be scarfing down raw nutrient-paste material rather than nutrient paste itself.

FML again.

Day 4, Hour 18: So far, it's been incessant sun, no rain, no... Anything, really, except us. Working. Thank god for an endless supply of sanitary towlettes. Anyway, Fort Girl Power is complete.

We cut down and hauled out everything that could provide an opposing force with cover, enjoying some nice raspberries and a bit of cactus juice in the process. We made these weird defensive baffles in the entrances out of sandbags - not a solid row of them, but connected walls of sandbags, without enough space between them for a person to crouch, that make getting in and out a royal motherfucker. Lin swears up and down that it's a sound military strategy called a "waffle," which slows down enemies and prevents them from taking cover on the edges of the walls, forcing them to come out and get shot in the open, while we enjoy leaning out from behind corners with sandbags in front of us. I can't help but wonder if she's getting this from some kind of holotable wargame, but it's the best idea so far. We celebrate with more raw nutrient paste material. FML.

Day 4, Hour 20: Well, maybe there is a little luck in the universe! No sooner are we sitting down to eat our raw "Potato" when the roaring sound of aerobraking reentry pods fills the air. My heart soars with joy - maybe here comes some adult who knows what the flying hell she's doing, and - oh. It's more raw "Potato."

Well, at least getting a drop of foodstuffs from the wreck is better than a kick in the crotch. We muse about our fortunes and decide that the next thing we need is to get a bloody generator up and running. That means tunneling. Lin is aggravatingly insistent that we cut a defensible position from the rock rather than just tunneling straight into the mountainside and erecting the geothermal generator with cables leading out. Ayers is petrified by the idea of living underground, but the prospect of having a lot of space seems to mollify her somewhat.

Also, worryingly, my datapad is saying that we've "probably been seen" and that "pirate raids will probably start soon." Getting that generator up and running seems pretty urgent now... Not just for nutrient paste, either. FML.
Raiders must die!

ShadowDragon8685

Day 5, Hour 16: Progress continues apace on getting the geothermal up and running. Juno's starting to fear that the dimensions it requires may be such that we can't enclose it completely in the mountainside. We're working on that.

More worryingly, my datapad informs me that a local squirrel has gone mad and intends to murder us. Exactly how my datapad is privy to this information is not known, but we're not taking changes. The red alert is sounded!

Day 5, Hour 21: After several hours of waiting tensely, watching warily out the northern gunports, the hostile squirrel infiltrates Fort Girl Power through the south and is inside our pillbox before battle is joined. Lin manages to fire one shot from the pistol, which misses, before it reaches Ayers and starts clawing at her like... Well, like a frenzied squirrel. We dogpiled it and kicked it to death. Ew, there's blood everywhere.

Ayers has a scratch on her shin. It's like a minor laceration, really. Even she isn't worried about it, and pulls out an antibiotic bandage and moist towlette. We're going to pitch the squirrel on the heap and get on with things. Ayers mops up the blood while Juno pitches the squirrel on the heap. By morning, her laceration is basically nothing.

That was our first brush with mortal combat. I'll be honest, it was scary.

Day 6, Hour 11. There is just enough room for the geothermal generator in the mountain without breaking down the outside stone shell. Oh, thank the Ten Million Kami for small favors.

Day 6, Hour 16: We're all freaking STARVING again, literally. My stomach is burning, so we take a break for some more raw foodstuffs, and hope this will be the last before the nutrient dispenser goes up. Lin seems to be even worse on the food front, and since she has that pistol, well... We sketch out some mods to Fort Girl Power and erect a temporary table and food processor in the cavern mouth we've created. I'm going to call it our luxury, semi-outdoor dining patio. You've gotta laugh, haven't you?

And hey, we splurged and built actual beds! It's only been a fucking week. They're... Surprisingly comfy, but we're still bunked up closer than dorm mates.

Day 7, Hour 0. Juno wakes up in the dead of night and suddenly declares that we have to name this place. Ayers suggests "Kassandra", which is nice and fucking ominous, but Lin objects that that's more of a planet's name, and Juno clarifies that she meant this "settlement." Ayers groaned, muttered something about us already having called it Fort Girl Power and so we might as well make it stick, then she rolled back to enjoy her brand-new bed, stuffing her head into the pillow.

Fort Girl Power it is.

Day 7, Hour 4: Why in the name of the Great Muffalo does it get to be light at 4 AM? And we finally get some rain! And fog. Ayers seems to be having a hard time with all this "Nature" stuff. Juno immediately strips down to her boots, and after questioning about the subject, she explains that it's been a week (plus cryo) since she had a proper shower, and while sanitary towlettes may go a long way, they really don't do the job.

It's hard to argue with that, so we all get some naked time in the rain and enjoy a "shower." A rain... Shower. Anyway, it's hard to wonder if Juno didn't simply trick us into this, since she's not subtle at all about eyeing us up. Worriedly, I'm starting to think we're eyeing her back - and each other.

Day 7, Hour 11: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Raiders! There are motherfucking raiders on our patch of ground! Well, a Raider, anyway! Oh holy fuck, what do we do?! The fortifications are only half-finished!

Okay, okay... Lin yells - well, hisses at us - to get things moving. Thankfully, our datapads are still recieving real-time info-links from satellites in orbit released automatically. We know where he is - Oh sweet Jesus Christ he's only a few hundred yards away!

We prioritize the work to be done at the north part of Fort Girl Power, where he's most likely to come at us. Lin's got new fortification designs set up, so we can catch him in what she calls "Enfilade." Those motherfucking auto turrets better work!

As we get things set up, it seems the satellite is giving me... Well, rather a lot of useful information about him, actually. It looks like he's already injured, badly. And he's got a pistol.... FUCK HE HAS A GUN! Wait, why was I expecting he wouldn't have a gun? Lin's plan is simple: Lure him in, she shoots him from the right while the turret shoots him from the left, Juno and Ayers wait in the bunks. I hope to fuck she knows what she's doing.

Day 7, Hour 23: The raider stops pussyfooting around, as we're bunking down for the night. The jig is up. He's a big guy - HUGE guy! Beefy motherfucker. We all jump up and man the barricades...

FUCK! We were manning the north barricade and he went SOUTH! Lin hurries to get into a fighting position, ANY fighting position! She makes it in time...

Her first shot misses! The turret grazes him, though. He dashes straight for us! He aims with that pistol! Lin shoots at him again... Ahh! Ayers is hit! Ayers is HIT! She falls back! Lin takes aim, shoots... He goes down! Ayers dashes straight out of the bunker, snatching up his pistol!

Lin suggests we capture him. What for, god knows, but... Ayers' hands shakes. She wants to execute him so badly, since he actually shot her. Grazed her, really, but nontheless, she raises the pistol... But something holds her off. "He shot me! Son of a bitch!"

So we hurry to construct a shed to hold him, throw him in it. It's not much, but...

It'll do in a pinch. I don't know what she's planning. I'm not honestly sure I want to know, but one thing is clear; we need to revamp Fort Girl Power. We can't have assholes coming in through the side we're not defending. A quick poll determines that we'd rather defend the south than the north.

All this construction has had its cost, though. We're down to less than 200 metal. We need more, badly; we need to erect a new stockpile area, if nothing else! Fortunately, salvagable debris has fallen. We've got the basics of life - a comm console (gonna put up the beacon shortly,) a nutrient paste dispenser. Still sleeping in cramped quarters, huddled up around the comm console, but hey - it's a start.

Lin is divided as regards what to do with the prisoner - literally. Her commissar side is arguing that he should be beaten thoroughly and conscripted. Her real self tries to shake her out of that idea, screaming at her commissar self about how she's a fifteen year old girl and he's a twentysomething vat-grown soldier who appears to have been an actual commissar who could eat her for breakfast, snap her over his knee, or - and went graphic again - force himself on her. We just stayed out of it, until she kind of broke down and went to do something else.

Almost no sooner does the beacon get put up than we hear a signal. Thank the GODS! We can flag them down for a rescue and get this nightmare over with!

Ayers sprints into the fort to hail them....

They won't take us.

MOTHER-FUCKERS! Three stranded teenaged girls on a terrifying, hostile world, and they cite that it is against corporate policy to in any way, shape, or form, embark or disbark any form of sapient life! Ayers pleads with them for an hour; she loses it, her cool-girl, Urbworld street-rat made good cracks and she's nothing but a terrified castaway, a traumatized young girl, but the guy on the other end is either a robot or a heartless son of a bitch. He refuses to budge and cites corporate policy again and again, insisting that any and all transactions take place following the strict guidelines of approved trade policies. Ayers even tries pleading for some supplies to help us out, but he insists on being paid at standard rates.

Ayers then flew into a shrieking rage, spewing some rather inventive invective - profanities, obscenities, profoundities, and even blasphemies, before he informs her that her verbal abuse of a representative of the Wulan Consortium has finally reached sufficient levels for him to terminate contact. He hangs up and won't pick up our hails.

Ayers continues to swear up a storm through tears for an hour afterwards. I don't blame her. I cried, too. I'm sure we all did.
Raiders must die!

ShadowDragon8685

Day 9, Hour 8: Ayers got to sleep earlier than the rest of us, and went off on her own in the morning. She spent most of our metal to plonk down another stockpile disassmbler in the middle of nowhere... Except that it's surrounded by exposed veins of metal and in a fairly decent place to recieve input from the western half of our territory.

The lack of a consistent source of food is worrying me, but none of us want to do farms. My survival handbook in my datapad mentions that hydroponics tables can be crafted to grow accele-potatoes, but that data appears to be corrupted. Lin might be able to ferret it out of the data streams, though, if she had an electronics worktable. Can we afford to lose her labor, though? Maybe. Maybe.

Day 10, Hour 14: More fucking raiders!

There's two of them this time. One has a pistol, the other has a fucking belt of frag grenades! Are you KIDDING ME?!

This is gonna get bad. We'll try to recruit the prisoner, and we'll definitely need to get tricky here... Awh fuck... Here they come.

OH CHRIST! There's blood EVERYWHERE! That fucking grenadier got off a grenade! Juno's barely alive, there's... OH MY GOD!

All we can do is get her to bed and try to keep her alive. The fucking grenadier, Parks, is still alive. God knows why, after they just came in here and TRIED TO MURDER US! Ayers looks like she's about to execute him, but then she seems to think better of it, and tells Lin to start building another cell while she gets Juno into bed. Fortunately, Juno's bed is literally two paces from where she got blown up.

Awh christ, there's a body in here, too. What are we gonna do with that? I don't wanna look at it. Fuck it, we'll bury the sonofabitch. Later.

Lin appears to be feeling vengeful. She isn't going to provide a bed for the sonofabitch who blew up Juno.

Day 1, Cycle 2, Hour 21: Another pod came down! This one appears to have orbited for a while before it locked onto our beacon and came down. The occupant's wounded, badly. Lin hastily erects a bed and drags him in. He's a scientist! One of the passengers on the ship... But it appears Lin has placed him in a prison cell rather than the spare bunk. She seems to be almost pathologically terrified about anything with a penis.

Day 2, Cycle 2, Hour 14: The stars seem to be shining a bit in our favor. Another scientist has arrived, this time under her own power!

Meet Rowe. She's twenty-seven years old, was an urbworld urchin like Ayers, but instead of making good by parlaying her criminal background into a business enterprise, she was arrested and elected to join the navy instead of doing hard time or being conditioned to be a good little worker bee. Her intelligence soared, and she was discharged last year after a brilliant career as a Navy scientist!

Thank the gods. An adult who may actually have a fucking clue! And with a vagina to boot, so Lin may not be hysterical about her deciding to rape us. (Plus, she's not that buff, we could probably take her. You know, if two of us weren't bedridden.)

She picks up the dead man's pistol and gets right to work on the electronic bench, picking up where Ayers left off trying to ferret out the hydroponics blueprints. Food is getting low, we may go out and harvest some plants once the defenses are rebuilt.

Day 3, Cycle 2, Hour 14: Juno and Ayers are back up and in the game. That's good, we're going to need them. And Lin appears about to crack... We're going to make private bedrooms a priority. They don't have to be huge, they just have to BE.

Rowe ferrets out the hydroponics blueprints. Oh thank the stars! We put up a hydroponics table quickly and plant some accel-potato, but our food supplies won't hold out until they can be harvested, even with a sunlamp right there. Lin harvests some nearby agave and raspberry bushes, while the rest of us get to mining.

D3 C2 H19: Well, fuck. The accelpotatos get blighted out of existence. This would piss us off far more than it does if we had more than four tiny plants going. I'm not sure if Rowe knows what she's really doing, but she has an immensely calming presence, and she knows how to use a gun, so we're not so afraid of our own prisoners anymore. Lin's commissar personality seems to have subsided in the presence of a genuine Navy officer who's smart enough  to resonate with her nerd side and gentle enough to handle the terrified teenager.

5, C2, H19: Another trader! Ayers tears to the commpanel... And emerges angry. She tried to hock our prisoners - all of them - but it was an industrial trader, they would not deal in our prisoners. They also didn't have any food, of which we are starting to become desperately low. We need more hydro tables, emergency-like. Ayers had a K-note bill in her pocket, though - pocket change, she said. She speculated it all on cheap uranium.

It was her money, I suppose... But still, fucking uranium? What're we gonna do with uranium?!

Oh. Sell it at a profit to the next trader. That makes sense.

While that was happening... Rowe somehow recruited Frederick. That is, the first guy who attacked us. Lin's not taking it well. She still doesn't trust him, and I don't blame her. We'll just... Lock our doors at night, and if he tries to get in, the others show up and shoot him. He's not getting his gun back, either... But he seems to be taking our mistrust in stride, and he seems subservient to Rowe. Conditioned to respond to Navy officers, it seems.

Thank god.

D7C2H18: Oh, the Ten Million Kami can't just give us a BREAK, can they? More fucking bandits landed, this time a whole mob! Frederick leaps into action. His first question is "Do we have blasting charges." Upon learning that we do not, he swore inventively in four languages, and came up with Plan B. It seems crazy, but he's planning to use a gun turret as an offensive weapon, by building it practically right up against the wall and forcing them to attack it at point-blank range. He doesn't expect it to gun them down, he expects them to beat on it until it explodes in their face.

D8 C2 H5:

Holy shit! We survived. Somehow. Don't ask me how. Not only that, but every last one of them is dead. We're going to need to dig more graves. They practically ignored the turrets, rushing over open terrain under fire to charge into our pillboxes to attack us. Lin got lit on fire by this bitch with a gun that shoots fire, but Juno dropped her grenades early in the fight and Frederick collected them. I hate to say it, but he probably saved us all, and he definitely saved Lin.

D9 C2 H14: More fucking raiders. We barely just got the last mob buried. FML.
Raiders must die!

123nick

jlc710

Great story! Eager to see what happens next, I hope they live!

ShadowDragon8685

Raiders must die!

123nick

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: 123nick on November 10, 2013, 02:30:23 PM
Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 10, 2013, 02:24:33 PM
.254b happened next, is what happened. :)

is .254b save compatible with .250?

I dunno. I wanted to try Chill Callie though. Maybe we need a Chill Kassie - tough as Kassie, but with Callie's slower pace.
Raiders must die!

ShadowDragon8685

Maybe I'll try again... I wish you could just pick your initial three colonists' traits instead of rolling randomly. Having to explain some real headscratchers (such as the medieval lording who became a space miner, or the 15-year-old commissar nerd) led me to twist the story into knots. Though, that was also part of the fun!
Raiders must die!

ShadowDragon8685

For those that liked the story, I'll reboot it. This time, the girls are getting a fortnight of Phoebe before Randy takes over DMing duties.
Raiders must die!

starlight

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 12, 2013, 04:15:33 PM
For those that liked the story, I'll reboot it. This time, the girls are getting a fortnight of Phoebe before Randy takes over DMing duties.

Can you change story-tellers on the fly?

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: starlight on November 13, 2013, 06:01:04 AM
Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 12, 2013, 04:15:33 PM
Can you change story-tellers on the fly?

Yep! The save files are just .xml files by another name. Tynan himself described how to do it in the discussion forum.

Check my other story, Steam Valley Girls.
Raiders must die!

keizerdoc

I apologize, but I greatly dislike Steam Valley Girls. For this reason: The fact that they sell people into slavery for their gender. I just want to kill the character that does that in the most horrifying way possible. Forgot her name.
Senatus Populusque Romanus
The Senate and the People of Rome

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: keizerdoc on December 01, 2013, 12:07:24 AMI apologize, but I greatly dislike Steam Valley Girls. For this reason: The fact that they sell people into slavery for their gender. I just want to kill the character that does that in the most horrifying way possible. Forgot her name.

Hundreds of raiders have tried. Most don't even make it to the door. The only two fatalities suffered at Steam Valley were friendly fire.

You're welcome to try.
Raiders must die!

keizerdoc

I said that I want to, not that I would actually kill a young person. Plus, are you certain that they would be able to see me? But I digress. I just dislike the slavery based on gender.
Senatus Populusque Romanus
The Senate and the People of Rome