[MOD] (Alpha 8) Nuclear Power Plant

Started by eatKenny, December 24, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Note: this mod will not be updated, you can fine all content in my new mod Industrialisation

since [MOD] "Atomic Power" seems not updating, i decide to make a simple nuclear power plant myself.

update 25.12.2014
- refined the texture a little bit and fixed the alpha bleeding of the texture.

cost: 3000 Steel, 500 Uranium
power output: 24000 W

need research to build.
can't be placed under roof
-100 beauty

build a proper power plant worth dying for ;)

it's an improvised mod so it may not balanced, you can edit cost and power output in ThingDefs yourself (even if you know little about moding)

PS: if i'm good enough at programming(but i'm not) i'll make nuclear reactor and cooling tower separately, reactor produces electricity and A LOT of heat(more power output more heat), cooling tower however only handels the heat reactor produces. and i'll make something like power conduit to tranfer the heat from reactor to cooling tower.

if the reactor is heavily damaged or destoryed while running there will be a nuclear disaster.
if you haven't build enogh cooling tower or they got destoryed and you kept the reactor running, the reactor will overheat and there will be a nuclear disaster.

that's quite realistic i think ::) so if anyone want to give a try...

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/obaak768sblfbg8/Nuclear%20Power%20Plant.rar?dl=0

you can download from attach too.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Vaperius

Just want to point something out....that's a cooling tower...not a nuclear power plant...

but since your on the topic....why not create a modular system for building an increasingly larger system (more plants need more towers and uranium needs to be refined into rods) :P
I remain Vigilant.

nuschler22

I would love to see it have two little smoke stack towers, like in the Simpsons or most power plants!

Just my opinion.

eatKenny

Quote from: Vaperius on December 24, 2014, 01:51:43 PM
but since your on the topic....why not create a modular system for building an increasingly larger system (more plants need more towers and uranium needs to be refined into rods) :P

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 24, 2014, 02:33:58 PM
I would love to see it have two little smoke stack towers, like in the Simpsons or most power plants!

you can always build a proper power plant worth dying for ;)

it's a improvised mod so may not balanced, you can edit cost and power output in ThingDefs (even if you know little about moding)

eatKenny

Just want to point something out....that's a cooling tower...not a nuclear power plant...

oh yes i know, but cooling tower has somehow become a symbol of nuclear power station(is it only me think so?)

john pretzel

Wow, this looks very nice! It has smoke and all  ;D

nuschler22

Quote from: eatKenny on December 24, 2014, 02:53:15 PM

oh yes i know, but cooling tower has somehow become a symbol of nuclear power station(is it only me think so?)

It's generally part of the plant.  The most visible and recognizable.

Vaperius

Fundamentally in principle nuclear plants are the same as any other electrical generation system, converts thermal/solar energy  from a source (Sun,Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Fuel)  into Electrical energy by forcing it to heat water, that drives steam up through pipes to push turbines etc... The practical difference is Uranium nuclear reactors do more per gram then coal or oil in terms of power production but therein require cooling towers and water tanks for rod storage..
I remain Vigilant.

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Loki88

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 01:21:15 AM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on December 25, 2014, 12:16:06 AM
Me again. New world needed?

Nope! Just oodles of steel and uranium :p

and the radiation shielded balls to put a nuclear facility in your garden.

Loki88

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 25, 2014, 01:56:28 AM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 01:21:15 AM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on December 25, 2014, 12:16:06 AM
Me again. New world needed?

Nope! Just oodles of steel and uranium :p

and the radiation shielded balls to put a nuclear facility in your garden.

I'll put it with the Xtra plants mod and have glow in the dark sunflowers :p

Vas

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/RusselvillePowerplant.jpg
This power plant is 94 miles from me, and it has 2 reactors.  There is only one cooling tower as you can see.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

eatKenny

just made a small update to the texture, fixed the alpha bleeding problem.

eatKenny

why not create a modular system for building an increasingly larger system (more plants need more towers and uranium needs to be refined into rods) :P

if i'm good enough at programming(but i'm not) i'll make nuclear reactor and cooling tower separately, reactor produces electricity and A LOT of heat(more power output more heat), cooling tower however only handels the heat reactor produces. and i'll make something like power conduit to tranfer the heat from reactor to cooling tower.

if the reactor is heavily damaged or destoryed while running there will be a nuclear disaster.
if you haven't build enogh cooling tower or they got destoryed and you kept the reactor running, the reactor will overheat and there will be a nuclear disaster.

that's quite realistic i think ::) so if anyone want to give a try...