[MOD] (Alpha 8) Concrete Obsession (hotfix!!!)

Started by eatKenny, December 28, 2014, 07:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 04:18:30 PM
Minor nitpick but it would be better if it used a smooth texture instead of the regular wall, since I've never seen a wall made of concrete bricks.
i used the wood wall texture for this, because a lot of concrete wall use wood planks as formwork thus giving the concrete wall a similar texture.

harpo99999

another form of formwork (used to support the concrete while it sets) is plywood or metal sheets, or even(for really cheap jobs) mdf sheets as the mdfs are basically single use while the timber plywood and metal are multi-use

NoImageAvailable

"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Evul

lude

Loki88

I really like this mod :)

I did a minor addition to this mod though because I found it ironic to have concrete in the game now and have two types of concrete floor made out of steel :P Paved Tiles and Concrete floors are now made with concrete. The concrete floors also got a minor speed boost because I found their vanilla description of "fast to walk on" misleading when they're the same speed as the other floors (they get an 8% boost over vanilla)

If you want to use it feel free, if not... well darn...

PS: this seems to be old save compatible but when loaded all of my existing paved tiles and concrete were gone (it didn't crash though  :) ) If anybody has a fix for that let me know as this is the first thing I've done that resembles modding.

[attachment deleted due to age]

eatKenny

Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

I did a minor addition to this mod though because I found it ironic to have concrete in the game now and have two types of concrete floor made out of steel :P Paved Tiles and Concrete floors are now made with concrete. The concrete floors also got a minor speed boost because I found their vanilla description of "fast to walk on" misleading when they're the same speed as the other floors (they get an 8% boost over vanilla)

PS: this seems to be old save compatible but when loaded all of my existing paved tiles and concrete were gone (it didn't crash though  :) ) If anybody has a fix for that let me know as this is the first thing I've done that resembles modding.

thanks for the idea, i'd like to add it to the next update if you don't mind.

Loki88

Quote from: eatKenny on December 31, 2014, 05:23:51 AM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

thanks for the idea, i'd like to add it to the next update if you don't mind.
Go for it. I kinda figured it would get added in eventually, I just lack patients :P