[1.0] Natural Surgery (More) [ModSync RW]

Started by Encode, December 31, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrean

Quote from: Vingolf on March 30, 2015, 03:24:00 AM
I found a bug. I've had that one person with damaged torso since the beggining of the game, before installing this mod. I made him almost bionic (legs, ears, eyes, arms) using "Extended surgery and bionics". After implementing your mod i decided to use the chance of fixing ones torso. And something went wrong... All bionic parts were automatically removed, his own biological parts regrew.

It is not a bug.
1. You should start new game when you install new mods.
2. It was discussed above. Few pages of this topic is not that much to read, huh?
Torso is base body part, all other are "atached" to it, so it regenerates all other body parts if repaired.

Vingolf

Sorry, i can't read. I'm only able to spam write.

ptran

Hi I love tis mod and I have been using it since alpha 9. However, in this version I seem to have a problem with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering mod. In the past it works just fine but this time, if I have both mods loaded, I can't install parts. Bionic or otherwise.

Anyone else notice this?

ptran

Hey thanks encode! That wasn't that bad. I barely know how to code but it worked! Thanks!

Commander Beanbag

There is a new function in vanilla that injects medical recipes into races, seems to work even if another mod replaces the human thingdef. It's called <recipeUsers>.
Example:

I've used this to make Natural Surgery compatible with EPOE.

Undreamed

everytime i try to load the mod i get a error (see my snapshot)

i try to load this in a non modded version, but without success...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Undreamed

Quote from: Encode on September 08, 2015, 01:49:46 AM
Quote from: Undreamed on September 07, 2015, 06:15:20 PM

Undreamed, I'm so sorry I don't know how to help you with this..... I've not seen such errors before. Umm, maybe extract the game to a new folder and try again?

i tryd... but the same error....
i hope a Modding God looks in this thread and can help me....

thundercaller

I do have the same issue.
Why not try to change the order of some mods.
It works for me. For example alternate last two mods.

Smexy_Vampire

any help with making this work with ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering. the gui for operations wont show up i can only see your harvest and repair

LanMc

In the opening screen where you are given the option to create a new world or colony or load a colony you will see an Option button too.  Click on it.

Look for Auto-reset mods config on crash and uncheck it.  This way the game won't reset your mods but should instead throw the error that is causing the issues.  You can debug the problem quicker by knowing what is throwing the error. 

Thundercaller gave you good advice as well.  Try switching up mod order and see if that doesn't correct the errors first. 

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 12, 2015, 01:23:43 PM
any help with making this work with ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering. the gui for operations wont show up i can only see your harvest and repair

EPOE should go last in mod load order always, according to Ykara's instructions for the mod.  You can use EdB's Mod Order Mod to control what loads when.  You are still going to have issues as both mods double on some of the surgery options.  My recommendation would be take what you want from Natural Surgery and add it in to EPOE.   Why Natural Surgery over EPOE?  because there is waaay more in EPOE to move than there is in Natural Surgery.  After you make your additions you will need to remove Natural Surgery mod for everything to work correctly.

Natural Surgery adds natural brain to the body parts defs that EPOE doesn't.  As well as Repairing Torso.  Everything else it adds is already in EPOE.  You can add your own recipe def xml file with both torso and brain additions, as well as your own body part def xml easily to EPOE.  The reason you add separate xmls is to easily re-add them when the mods get updated. 

But then you will need to add the new additions, (Install Brain and Repair Torso) to the Races_Humanlike.xml listing so you will see it in the operations panel and add the brain to the Items_Body_Parts.xml or add your own additional Items_Body_Parts.xml for the brain.  (EPOE has brain and spine already added to Items_Body_Parts_Natural.xml, but commented out.  You could just take out the <!-- --> and turn them back on.  Unfortunately EPOE does not have the recipes for them so you will have to add them yourself.) 

Hope that helps. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: LanMc on October 12, 2015, 03:12:45 PM

In the opening screen where you are given the option to create a new world or colony or load a colony you will see an Option button too.  Click on it.

Look for Auto-reset mods config on crash and uncheck it.  This way the game won't reset your mods but should instead throw the error that is causing the issues.  You can debug the problem quicker by knowing what is throwing the error. 

Thundercaller gave you good advice as well.  Try switching up mod order and see if that doesn't correct the errors first. 

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 12, 2015, 01:23:43 PM

EPOE should go last in mod load order always, according to Ykara's instructions for the mod.  You can use EdB's Mod Order Mod to control what loads when.  You are still going to have issues as both mods double on some of the surgery options.  My recommendation would be take what you want from Natural Surgery and add it in to EPOE.   Why Natural Surgery over EPOE?  because there is waaay more in EPOE to move than there is in Natural Surgery.  After you make your additions you will need to remove Natural Surgery mod for everything to work correctly.

Natural Surgery adds natural brain to the body parts defs that EPOE doesn't.  As well as Repairing Torso.  Everything else it adds is already in EPOE.  You can add your own recipe def xml file with both torso and brain additions, as well as your own body part def xml easily to EPOE.  The reason you add separate xmls is to easily re-add them when the mods get updated. 

But then you will need to add the new additions, (Install Brain and Repair Torso) to the Races_Humanlike.xml listing so you will see it in the operations panel and add the brain to the Items_Body_Parts.xml or add your own additional Items_Body_Parts.xml for the brain.  (EPOE has brain and spine already added to Items_Body_Parts_Natural.xml, but commented out.  You could just take out the <!-- --> and turn them back on.  Unfortunately EPOE does not have the recipes for them so you will have to add them yourself.) 

Hope that helps.
thats alot to do with little to know knolage of moding T_T thanx tho

neonod

Can someone reattach the attachment for this?

LetheNyx

Quote from: neonod on June 12, 2016, 01:02:10 AM
Can someone reattach the attachment for this?

Agreed... it would be super nice to be able to download this mod again but the attachment was "deleted due to old age"

Deimos Rast

more surgeries, yay!
slight problem though: I just released a brain surgery mod that, while it doesn't conflict currently with your's, likely will in the next version. Namely, the bodydef for brain and the brain defName. Any suggestions how to resolve it?
#StopPluginAbuse

darkriot43

Hey, seen your mod used with some streamers, and I am looking to download it. Love the idea of operating on the torso. Can't seem to find a download link anywhere in the thread. Can you hook me up with a DL link?

Cheers
DarkRiot43