[1.0] Natural Surgery (More) [ModSync RW]

Started by Encode, December 31, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Encode

Feature
Added Brain, Ear & Nose surgeries for Human.
Added Rejuvenating entire body surgery for ALL living creatures (including core animals), where ALL unnatural additions, defects & ailments will be removed.
Buy natural body parts from traders, or harvest from prisoners.

Credit to Arrean for adding Ear, and Commander Beanbag's suggestion that enable to work with other surgery mods.

Languages++
Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)

Download
This mod (v1.0) will be using ModSync RW to update & release in the future.
Updates can be downloaded from GitHub as well.

Installing/Removing Mod
This mod can be installed into and removed from existing games without causing any problems.
Do make sure there's no body parts (Brain, nose, ear) on the map, or in traders-in-waiting before removing this mod.

Cheers!

Update
02 Jul 2018: Added 1.0 changes.
28 Dec 2017: Applied B18 changes.
07 May 2017: Applied A17 changes.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

kenobi87

Thanks. I will give this a try. Currently I have not found a brain surgery mod that works for me.

john pretzel

Score!  :o

You solved the existing surgery mod issues for brains! (and something more  ;D)

Tried this with extended surgery (medic turtle's update) and they work well together. I bet it works with cybernetic storm mod too.

We finally have complete surgery. Encode, thanks for sharing this with us  ;)

kenobi87

Works perfect thank you! Finally a simple clean brain mod. ALso works with EDB prepare carefully and Project armory as of right now (only other mods im using)

Turtle Medic

Quote from: john pretzel on December 31, 2014, 10:38:40 PM
"medic turtle's" update

heh

Nice mod, I've always wanted to be able to fix any problems with my colonists.

The reason the torso replacement get rid of all bionics and regrows limbs is the same as why installing a leg will fix a foot, it repairs all parts that are connected to it, and with the torso, everything is connected to it. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way around the behavior, so getting rid of bad backs and torso scars is going to require removing all bionics and then reinstalling them unless someone makes a .dll mod.

john pretzel

Doesn't work on other races  :( I tried adding the recipes to the jaffas but game gets bugged after a surgery.

john pretzel

Hi Encode, thanks for for the effort in integrating the jaffas. You should have a look at the other groups people are making here, they're very good addictions to the game - Norbal Vikings and Rim Troopers, to spice up things  :).

However, after adding your modification, the issue persisted. Here's a screenshot:

After installing an ear, the pawn stands on the ground (because of extended surgery mod, just found this now), even when carried to his bed. Also, the operation doesn't disappear  and the interface gets bugged - this happened also with just your mod. And in this setting, (just your mod), the colonists keep looping in trying to make the operation, having the part installed, pawn keeps in bed with anaesthesia, and medical kits being used.

I'm also using edb's interface mod, I don't know if it has something to do with it.

Update:

Edb also has nothing to do with it. Here's some debug feedback when the op started:

john pretzel

Alright, I'll be on the lookout for your updates.  :)

P.S. I've been using dev mode to test this and also a colony I had. Always starting a new world/colony to see if effects are correct.

john pretzel

Nice! Brain surgery works on jaffas now! And yes, you must make a new world to have the new created races, so the game can assign their bases.

Arms, legs and stomach can't still be attached with the other mods. Only bionic default stuff and natural organs like liver, kidney, lungs..

Good work Encode  ;D I hope you develop this further  ;D

john pretzel

The thought I wrote about the rest of the limbs was not about your mod, they're in extended surgery and cybernetic storm mods (yes... frankenstein stuff). They don't work with jaffas and etcs too, only the default human. And that's why we have (when killed and dismembered) jaffa leather and stormtrooper (star wars) leather - hilarious stuff, side comment here lol.

Races seem to depend a lot of combined work in surgery matters, I guess.

Well, again, thanks for sharing this.  ;)

HBKRKO619

Hello Encode.
I tryed anything and everything (mod order, desactivate some mod, etc ....) during at least 4H but when i activate Natural Surgery and start a game, my 3 poor guys stay here, whithout a move, doing absolutly nothing, even not running around like headless chicken like they usuallly do when they have nothing to do. When i ask them to cut a tree for exemple, they go for it but if I ask for nothing, they don't move, even not going to eat or sleep (totally gamebreaking, we're agree xD)
I totally running out of solution because it's only happening when I use your mod or "Cybernetic Storm".
My game run very well with "extended surgery and bionic" but not yours :(

P.S. : I will post this on the "Cybernetic Storm" topic as well, maybe the modder will have a solution.

Arrean

Hello. I have a request for Norbals support - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7670.0
here is the link.
Also do i understand correctly, that to get it working with other player created races, you need only copy and paste the race xml definition file to your natural surgery folder, and add some codes to recipes category?
because that's the only  difference i'm able to spot between vanilla Races_Humanoid.xml and yours one.

And of course make it load after the mod that adds new race, to redefine it.

Also i believe i know why repairing torso - "regrows" all other body parts.
It is a base body part which acts as a container for everything else. Thus when you "repair" torso it basically recreates whole body of a pawn, because somewhere in core, it's hardcoded that "fresh" torso should have legs, head, arms etcetera.

Arrean

Quote from: Encode on January 06, 2015, 01:59:36 AM
Hello Arrean, you are right. What this mod does is really simple. But somehow nothing explains about why 'ear' is out-of-bounds for fixing though...

Ok, the simple fix is done. :) The 'viking' race sure look interesting, their range weapon got rather high damage and good range, with above average accuracy too.

Well vikings really add up to the experience in furthest northern parts of the planet :D. I use them together with an Ice Sheet biome mode.
And i kinda felt that they are must have there, because everything else(except mechanoids) just dies before getting to your base when it is -90 celcius outside xD. These guys last longer.

And while there is no water system, very cold places are much more interesting to play than dry and hot, so...

About ear. I believe i fixed it. Here is an archive with fixed version. Although now it treats sewn back ear like "added body part". You had to add HealthDiff for it.

UPD. Quick fix. I found a way how to do it without treating natural ear as added body part.
However i still think that added part concept is better due to surgery limitations,( sutures all that kind of stuff)
But here it is in the second attachment. The difference is now it treats operation as installation of natural bodypart,  and doesn't use healthdiff(shouldn't at least). =)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

do I need to enable both if I have both mods?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.