[A11] Auto-hunt Beacon v2.3 (2015-06-18)

Started by Carry, January 03, 2015, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

There's an updated version in the ultimate overhaul pack I believe, haven't tried it yet.

bewby

Quote from: l2032 on August 30, 2015, 06:00:06 AM
There's an updated version in the ultimate overhaul pack I believe, haven't tried it yet.

hmm. have to strip out some stuff in the defs, but it should works, thanks for the heads up.

Snoghoj

Quote from: bewby on August 30, 2015, 06:08:38 AM
Quote from: l2032 on August 30, 2015, 06:00:06 AM

hmm. have to strip out some stuff in the defs, but it should works, thanks for the heads up.
Any chance that you will upload it (Im no good modding), Just until the mod gets a proper update?

samurai999

qwe8585

Anfi0312

The Ultimate Overhaul Modpack version works with a few changes. Before I upload the updated mod, I will ask Ninefinger for permission.
In the meantime you can use these instructions:

• Download the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack (http://ultimateoverhaulmodpack.weebly.com/)
  • Extract the Auto-hunt Beacon-folder. You can find it under UltimateOverhaulModpack-master.zip -> UltimateOverhaulModpack-master -> UltimateOverhaulModpackA12.rar -> AutoHuntBeacon
  • Open the Building_AutoHuntBeacon.xml (AutoHuntBeacon\Defs\ThingDefs) with a .xml-editor or with Windows editor
  • Remove in line 54 both "Bar"s
    Before:
    <SteelBar>60</SteelBar>
    After:
    <Steel>60</Steel>
  • Now delete the whole line 66 (<researchPrerequisite> ...)
  • Save it and install the mod like any other.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Anfi0312 on September 17, 2015, 09:15:54 AM
The Ultimate Overhaul Modpack version works with a few changes. Before I upload the updated mod, I will ask Ninefinger for permission.

• Download the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack (http://ultimateoverhaulmodpack.weebly.com/)
  • Extract the Auto-hunt Beacon-folder. You can find it under UltimateOverhaulModpack-master.zip -> UltimateOverhaulModpack-master -> UltimateOverhaulModpackA12.rar -> AutoHuntBeacon
  • Open the Building_AutoHuntBeacon.xml (AutoHuntBeacon\Defs\ThingDefs) with a .xml-editor or with Windows editor
  • Remove in line 54 both "Bar"s
    Before:
    <SteelBar>60</SteelBar>
    After:
    <Steel>60</Steel>
  • Now delete the whole line 66 (<researchPrerequisite> ...)
  • Save it and install the mod like any other.

+1

For future reference anything in my modpack is fully open sourced and free to use as per the license each mod comes with.

Thus meaning anyone can update /  change / use any mods in any way you wish. Cheers! :)

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Anfi0312 on September 17, 2015, 09:15:54 AM

..snip..

Thanks for the mini guide. Works great now.

Anfi0312

Update to Alpha 12d

Until Carry has time, here is a provisional update.

Original mod: Carry
Updated to A12: Ninefinger for his Ultimate Overhaul Modpack  (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14229.0)
Edited to work without the modpack (basically two lines of .xml): me

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ectoplasm

I realise no one is maintaining this currently. But in case someone decides to pick it up down the line.. If you toggle the hunt feature on, then later off, the animals marked to be hunted aren't cleared and retain the hunt mark. Also if you restrict your pawns to home base (for example a raid incoming) Hunters will ignore the zoning restriction and still go out to hunt.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 25, 2015, 08:56:39 AM
Also if you restrict your pawns to home base (for example a raid incoming) Hunters will ignore the zoning restriction and still go out to hunt.
Only if they started before you restricted them, the check is made when they set off. Quickly draft and undraft them and they'll abide by your commands. This is true of all jobs, long-distance hauling, etc. etc.

Justas love

Is it gonna get updated by some1 else or is it gonna be updated by SK team?

Fluffy (l2032)

Check out my Colony Manager mod, it does all of what the beacon did, plus a lot more.

Fluffy (l2032)

Justas love

I honestly didn't like your manager mod, fluffy. Just because of it's complexity.