[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epyk

QuoteYou can change it in xml. Go to mods foldier, then CrashLanding\Defs\ThingDefs\. Open buildings_shipParts.xml it contains reactor ThingDef.
If you replace

<thingClass>CrashLanding.Building_CrashedShipReactor</thingClass>

Thank you very much for the help!

This is definitely in my top 3 personal favorite mods.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Katavrik

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 07, 2015, 06:20:42 PM
This mod is AMAZING! I do have to agree with one gripe though.

As Katavrik said, having multiple "intro crashes" kind of ruins the survival experience.
I survived about 30 days after the initial impact and was shocked to see another crazy amount of impacts coming in. Having two crashed reactors on a small map really sucks too.

I made some really quick images for the EdB Scenarios Mod (put in \Mods\CrashLanding\textures) if anyone else is interested:

I will think about random crash event and reactor balancing. The xml modding allow us to set mimimal time delay between same events, so maybe i should set this time to a year.
As for reactor. I dont wat to raise its deconstruction time (calculated from work amount), because its already too high. But if i reduce radiation damage, the reactor can be simply deconstructed right after it crashes. And that mean no real danger.

And i like your pictures. Can i use them for the mod with your credits?

I am preparing next update, that will include new ship parts. When it ready, i wiil do some balance changes.

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: Katavrik on January 07, 2015, 10:24:53 PMAnd i like your pictures. Can i use them for the mod with your credits?

Oh, absolutely!

Quote from: Katavrik on January 07, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
As for reactor. I dont wat to raise its deconstruction time (calculated from work amount), because its already too high. But if i reduce radiation damage, the reactor can be simply deconstructed right after it crashes. And that mean no real danger.

I'm actually cool with the reactor's current radiation damage, I'm just not really a fan of them constantly raining down on my poor little plot of land   :P

Could there be an another mode where the cinematic crash only happen at the intro?
- Initial crash with chosen crew
- X number of cargo + cryptosleep crashes
- A guaranteed reactor crash (Do you know how to make this a red envelope and not a yellow?)

So after the initial crash, there wouldn't be any other epic crashes. You could probably throw in 1 or 2 cryptosleep / cargo crashes at a time but never another reactor.

I can't wait for the next update! You did a fantastic job with this. Playing the vanilla colony start just feels way too easy now...

Katavrik

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 08, 2015, 12:11:00 AM
Could there be an another mode where the cinematic crash only happen at the intro?
- Initial crash with chosen crew
- X number of cargo + cryptosleep crashes
- A guaranteed reactor crash (Do you know how to make this a red envelope and not a yellow?)

So after the initial crash, there wouldn't be any other epic crashes. You could probably throw in 1 or 2 cryptosleep / cargo crashes at a time but never another reactor.

Some things will be added in the next update. For now, you can only enable colonist selection. Open CrashLanding\Defs\ScenarioDefs\CrashLanding_EdBScenario.xml and find

<li Class="EdB.Scenarios.SetupStep_Equipment">
<equipment />
</li>

in a hard scenario, and add

<li Class="EdB.Scenarios.SetupStep_Page">
<page Class="EdB.Scenarios.Page_CharMaker" />
</li>

just below it. This will enable colonists and stuff selection. But in this version, only colonists matter, stuff will be ignored.

As for random crash variations. I have a grand plans for a distant future to add different ships (different size and parts) that randomly crash near your colony. But not in the next update.

Katavrik

Updated mod to V 1.20.
Recent changes:
- New crashed ship parts:
   - Animal pens
   - Prison block
   - Production module
   - Nutrient dispenser
   - Batteries module
- Chain explosions. Ship parts can now break apart on impact and fly some more to have another impact.
   Some parts can cause explosions while on a land.
- Various balance tweaks.
- Stuff crated in EdB Prepare Carefully now also crashlanded in Hard scenario (EdB Scenarios needed).
- You can now adjust starting colonists and stuff in a hard scenario, but you cant be sure that they survive crashland.
- New pictures added to the scenarios. Thanks to JoeysLucky22.
- Letters about crashed parts anre now have different colors.
- Parts fall directions slightly random.
- Random ship crash land should happen not more than once a year.

Epyk

Quote from: Katavrik on January 09, 2015, 07:56:40 AM
Updated mod to V 1.20.
Recent changes:
- New crashed ship parts:
   - Animal pens
   - Prison block
   - Production module
   - Nutrient dispenser
   - Batteries module
- Chain explosions. Ship parts can now break apart on impact and fly some more to have another impact.
   Some parts can cause explosions while on a land.
- Various balance tweaks.
- Stuff crated in EdB Prepare Carefully now also crashlanded in Hard scenario (EdB Scenarios needed).
- You can now adjust starting colonists and stuff in a hard scenario, but you cant be sure that they survive crashland.
- New pictures added to the scenarios. Thanks to JoeysLucky22.
- Letters about crashed parts anre now have different colors.
- Parts fall directions slightly random.
- Random ship crash land should happen not more than once a year.
Excellent! Trying now.
Try Epokalypse!

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: Katavrik on January 09, 2015, 07:56:40 AMUpdated mod to V 1.20.

Katavrik you're doing a FANTASTIC job with this mod! I LOVE the new crashes! I love how some ship parts will create unpowered buildings, how they come in angled and break apart in random directions, how the engine part now stays and shoots out random explosions, the new prisoner blocks, the different colored envelopes. Love it!

The english and spelling is a wee bit broken on some of the dialogues so I fixed those for you: (also, I don't think the "event will center on a presumed falling location" is necessary on every single alert. Just having it on the initial "Main_BigShipCrash" incident should be enough)

\Mods\CrashLanding\languages\english\Keyed\CrashLandingEnglish.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>
  <CryptoSleepBlockCrash>A cryptosleep block of the ship is crashing nearby.\n\nAll of its inhabitants will likely be severely injured or killed upon impact.</CryptoSleepBlockCrash>
  <SimpleShipPartCrash>A large chunk of the ship is crashing nearby.</SimpleShipPartCrash>
  <FoodCargoContainerCrash>A cargo container with food is crashing nearby.\n\nThere is a high probability, that all this food will be consumed by the fire after impact.</FoodCargoContainerCrash>
  <ResourcesCargoContainerCrash>A cargo container with various resources is crashing nearby.</ResourcesCargoContainerCrash>
  <MedicineCargoContainerCrash>A cargo container with medicine is crashing nearby.</MedicineCargoContainerCrash>
  <ArtCargoContainerCrash>An art gallery ship block is crashing nearby.</ArtCargoContainerCrash>
  <ApparelCargoContainerCrash>A cargo container with various apparel is crashing nearby.</ApparelCargoContainerCrash>
  <WeaponSafeCrash>A weapon deck with various weapons and ammo is crashing nearby.\n\nBe careful, unexploded ordnance can be very dangerous.</WeaponSafeCrash>
  <ShipEngineCrash>One of the ship's engines is crashing nearby.\n\nWatch out for debris!</ShipEngineCrash>
  <ShipReactorCrash>One of the ship's reactors is crashing nearby. Stay as far away as possible from the crash site!\n\nDamaged reactors are extremely dangerous due to radiation leaks.</ShipReactorCrash>
  <ShipAICoreCrash>The main ship computer core is crashing nearby.\n\nThis is a very valuable ship part but not for those who need food, medicine or more doctors.</ShipAICoreCrash>
  <AnimalPensCrash>A pod containing various animals is crashing nearby.\n\nUnfortunately, most of them will die upon impact.</AnimalPensCrash>
  <PrisonBlockCrash>A prison block with angry prisoners is crashing nearby.\n\nSome of these prisoners managed to obtain weapons during the accident. Hopefully not all of them will survive the impact.</PrisonBlockCrash>
  <ProductionModuleCrash>A production module is crashing nearby.\n\nIt contains a lot of steel.</ProductionModuleCrash>
  <NutrientDispenserCrash>A Nutrient dispenser is crashing nearby.\n\nIt contains a lot of valuable nutrient paste.</NutrientDispenserCrash>
  <BatteriesModuleCrash>A Batteries module is crashing nearby.\n\nAny functional batteries remaining will store energy.</BatteriesModuleCrash>

<Main_BigShipCrash>The remains of a large space ship are crashing nearby. Beware the direct impact sites of falling parts but be ready to collect resources, rescue survivors and beat the fire.\n\nThis event will center on a presumed falling location. The ship parts will be falling from north.</Main_BigShipCrash>
  <Main_BigShipCrash_Ends>The last part of the ship has fallen to the ground.</Main_BigShipCrash_Ends>
</LanguageData>

Epyk

Just finished a new colony with the mod and WOW.
I don't know how this mod can get any better. Kudos.
Try Epokalypse!

Katavrik

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 09, 2015, 11:36:38 AM
Quote from: Katavrik on January 09, 2015, 07:56:40 AMUpdated mod to V 1.20.

Katavrik you're doing a FANTASTIC job with this mod! I LOVE the new crashes! I love how some ship parts will create unpowered buildings, how they come in angled and break apart in random directions, how the engine part now stays and shoots out random explosions, the new prisoner blocks, the different colored envelopes. Love it!

The english and spelling is a wee bit broken on some of the dialogues so I fixed those for you: (also, I don't think the "event will center on a presumed falling location" is necessary on every single alert. Just having it on the initial "Main_BigShipCrash" incident should be enough)

Thanks for the text fixes. I will implement them tomorow.

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: Katavrik on January 09, 2015, 12:22:30 PMThanks for the text fixes. I will implement them tomorow.

Absolutely man, thank you for this amazing mod! Seriously, this has ruined the original starting scenario for me. It's waaay too easy now!

Some other language fixes:

Mods\CrashLanding\Defs\ScenarioDefs\CrashLanding_EdBScenario.xml

Hard starting scenario:

<startText>Your colonists awake in their cryptosleep sarcophagi to the sound of blaring sirens and ripping metal. Nobody is able to reach the escape pods before the ship is torn apart.\n\nAll of your colonists will crash-land hard on this unknown rimworld.\n\nThere is a chance that all of your colonists will land incapacitated or dead. You'll need to accept the fate of your crew.\n\nNot all crash landings have a happy ending.</startText>

Easy starting scenario:

<startText>Your colonists awake in their cryptosleep sarcophagi to the sound of blaring sirens and ripping metal. Luckily, your crew manages to reach the escape pods before the ship is torn apart.\n\nSome time later, they land on this unknown rimworld.\n\nThe other colonists from on board the ship will be crash-landing hard with little chance of surviving the impact.</startText>

Katavrik

A little update to V1.21. Added JoeysLucky22 text fixes and some tweaks:
- Shell explosion chances adjusted. 50% nothing, 5% incendiary shell, 45% explosion shell for every item in stack.
- Crashed ship beam deconstruction time reduced

hesoyam

Is it just Randy messing with me or are you supposed to have four big ship crashes in the first month? I'm at fifteen colonists armed to the teeth and mostly in power armor but it's getting harder to dodge all the molten crap even without those three reactors :)

Katavrik

Quote from: hesoyam on January 11, 2015, 01:46:31 AM
Is it just Randy messing with me or are you supposed to have four big ship crashes in the first month? I'm at fifteen colonists armed to the teeth and mostly in power armor but it's getting harder to dodge all the molten crap even without those three reactors :)

Its a bug. But i am not experiencing it during my play.
Do you playing with EdB Scenarios, or without it? How often you save and load game?

hesoyam

Standalone and saving ingame daily reloading maybe ingame monthly. Also running bunch of mods but non of them mess with events or Randy challenge

Katavrik

Quote from: hesoyam on January 11, 2015, 11:01:17 PM
Standalone and saving ingame daily reloading maybe ingame monthly. Also running bunch of mods but non of them mess with events or Randy challenge

Thats bad, because i dont know what can cause this bug. There are some bugs with save game and switching EdB Scenario on/off, but not this time.
Are you sure, this happen in version 1.20 or later?