[MOD][A10] Battle Stations - Ctrl+ANYKEY RTS Squads - FML Special (23.04.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, January 04, 2015, 10:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

naming your squads is currently broken.. FML

Hello everyone,

I integrated a RTS style squad system into the game. Hit Ctrl + ANYKEY to assign squads and the SQUADKEY to select the squad. This is still in the working and I will add a few more features later.

Now you can set battle stations for your squads with Ctrl+Alt+SQUADKEY and send them there with Alt+SQUADKEY

Also squad names are in - RIGHTCtrl+SQUADKEY to rename it.

Dont worry its all documented with ingame tooltips :)

NOW WITH SOUNDS!!

GL & HF  (Download me)

sounds "borrowed" from C&C

You need to start a new game to use this mod!

Igabod

if you use 1-4 you are overwriting the speed control buttons, either that or it activates both the squad and the speed control button. Either way, this is not something I like to have happen. I recommend only using 5-0. Or you could make it so that ctrl+1 sets the group and shift+1 selects it. I'm not sure if that would cause the speed button to activate still though, haven't tested it just yet.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on January 04, 2015, 10:20:35 AM
if you use 1-4 you are overwriting the speed control buttons, either that or it activates both the squad and the speed control button. Either way, this is not something I like to have happen. I recommend only using 5-0. Or you could make it so that ctrl+1 sets the group and shift+1 selects it. I'm not sure if that would cause the speed button to activate still though, haven't tested it just yet.

You are right. The mod wont overwrite any keybindings but yes if you use 1-4 you will also fire the time controls but I let it in anyways because of reasons :D maybe I will change it to the num-block instead of alpha

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 04, 2015, 10:23:53 AM
Quote from: Igabod on January 04, 2015, 10:20:35 AM

You are right. The mod wont overwrite any keybindings but yes if you use 1-4 you will also fire the time controls but I let it in anyways because of reasons :D maybe I will change it to the num-block instead of alpha

If you mean the keypad to the right of the keyboard then I think that would be an excellent additional area. But some people play on laptops which don't have a keypad to the right so it shouldn't be the only one. I think that letting people know in the OP about the 1-4 buttons would probably be sufficient. I personally would end up using the keypad on the right for my squad assignments cause I use a full keyboard that is just plugged into my laptop or a full keyboard that is wireless when I have batteries for it.

Romi

This mod is usefull but first to fix it replace the squad keys with F1,etc. or with others,but the keys 1,2, etc are being used for speed time.

JuliaEllie

Changed from Alpha to KeyPad/NumBlock
Added Battle Stations wohoo..
Squad names soon to come YAY..

All praise our Lord and Saviour Lord Helix

Anduin1357

Igabod

Quote from: Anduin1357 on January 04, 2015, 01:04:42 PM
A GUI for selecting can also mitigate the keypress issue.

It could, but that might cause incompatibilities with EdB's UI mod which a lot of people use.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on January 04, 2015, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Anduin1357 on January 04, 2015, 01:04:42 PM
A GUI for selecting can also mitigate the keypress issue.

It could, but that might cause incompatibilities with EdB's UI mod which a lot of people use.

Im rewriting the whole thing at the moment :D It became unfeasible to expand the whole system as it is now.

Berengar

You know what would be cool? Sounds.
Like at all rts games, when you select an squad, and when you send them somewhere.
Besides great mod.. will brings the city fighting to an new era!

Edit: But i think finding the right soundfiles could be hard.. i mean how do talk the pawns? Like normal humans? Dont think so.. hrm... maybe a bit like the jawas from star wars.

john pretzel

Iwillbenicetou

Panzergrenadiers moving out. Oops wrong game! but something like that
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Berengar

I think more something like:
1: Yes sir!= Kla Truta!
2: Attaaaack!!= Bartaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
And so on. Some "kaudawelsch" that no one understands. :D

Iwillbenicetou

No one recognizes the reference? No one? Ok, I'll go in the corner now and rethink my life.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 04, 2015, 02:10:49 PM
No one recognizes the reference? No one? Ok, I'll go in the corner now and rethink my life.

My wild guess would be Sudden Strike? Good old WW2 game.

also UTINIIII!!