[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techgenius

I wonder if it isn't easier to just make a new mod, instead converting all those huge chunks of outdated datachunks you make new, it might just be simplier, cleaner without the chance of something blowing up, also you got all the references and resources already to build upon and now that you have help, maybe you two could use these references and make a new mod, you do the body defs, your help does the thing defs and slowly you two remake more mechanoids or a new name, a on the side thing. While you two support and improve the other big mods.

Orion

Well to be honest I hardly play a role in the update. I will probably maintain it again afterwards, though.

It might be better to start over for some parts, less for others. Reinventing the wheel costs time too.

Techgenius

it is all about time, some of the more intricate or hard parts might be indeed better starting over, I'm half tempted to see if the mod will still work in A16, but I might just break something. Better to wait and see then, I miss this mod very much, its substitutes are not of the same quality.

Orion

Techgenius

Well... damn. There has been so many rimworld updates already, and more incoming . I keep thinking the longer it takes, more unsalvageable the mod might become, but you're the master. You know the facts

Orion

Korn.Mil

Would love to see this mod for A16/17, i remember when i was playing with it long time ago, its a great mod, sad its already forgotten

Orion

Korn.Mil

I loved Assaulter mechanoid :D it was impossible to destroy him without explosives. It was not affected by bullets at all

Mechfried

may we get an update on the progress of the mod?

fuckingforumstakingmycred

Hang in there OP, i've had my eye on this ol beaut since i started rimworld in a16, knew she was too good to kick the bucket yet.

MrZero

AllenWL

Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 09, 2017, 02:12:49 PM
I loved Assaulter mechanoid :D it was impossible to destroy him without explosives. It was not affected by bullets at all
I remember playing this with combat realism.
The assaulter was downright unbeatable as most bullets would just bounce off, and whatever managed to hit would do a measly 1 damage at its 200hp shield.

The crawlers where so cute though.

tigg

I've just started playing A16 (well, I played it for a bit with MARS only - that's the only thing that got me to update from A12) and now I'm discovering some of my favourite mods no longer exist. Now it seems I have to rely on minions instead of crawlers for all my cleaning and animals for hauling ... crawlers were better.

Orion

There are new mods for these purposes now. Although there may be a chance this mod will come back one day.