[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

More Mechanoids

Description
I got bored with the two existing mechanoid types. They are tough and dangerous, but particularly their toughness makes firefights with them a drag.

So I decided to add a third variety: the crawler. They are bug-like mechanoids that die with one or two hits, but are small, move fast and come in large numbers. They are equipped with precise cutting tools, so don't be surprised if someone loses a toe or an ear.

Now new threats have joined the cause:
- The skullywag: Equipped with cattle prod arms he will paralyze your puny colonists and unlock doors.
- The flamebot: A variation of the crawler, equipped with a flamethrower.
- The mammoth: A fast and heavy melee enemy that is hard to kill.
- The assaulter: An armored variation of the scyther, with a weaker weapon.

With some tinkering you can now repurpose various mechanoids to do tasks that are below your colonists' pride.

Usage
Install and play! They'll find you soon enough...

This mod can be added at any time, without creating a new game.

Reviews
Pumpus' video review of the old version 1.02b

Changelog
1.07b - 31.12.2015
- Charging platform now connects by cable
- Deterioration lowered for inner parts
- Additional automatic repair check based on total health of mechanoids
- Buttons for stay home and full repair that affect all mechanoids
- Converted mechanoids that spawn in crypts are killed right away
- Armor tweaked for Realistic Combat Mod

1.07 - 19.10.2015
- Balancing
- Fixes
- Recharging platform for mechanoids
- Tab for finding all mechanoids and setting areas (like animals)

1.06 - 09.10.2015
- Converted to Alpha 12
- Added mammoth and assaulter
- More tweakable settings (see PawnKinds_Mechanoid.xml)

1.05 - 29.07.2015
- Converted to Alpha 11
- Centipede: now adoptable

1.04a - 14.06.2015
- Minor fixes
- Added "full repair" button to mechanoids

1.04 - 13.06.2015
- Converted to Alpha 10
- Removed PAL
- Owned mechanoids now deteriorate over time, colonists will take care of the repairs

Authors
Orion
JoeysLucky22

Download
Dropbox
I'm not updating the mod here anymore, but if you really want the latest version, you can get it from GitHub (press the download button)

How to install
- Delete old folder from this mod (MoreMechanoids)
- Unzip the contents into your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game and restart the game.

Romi

in the future you should add a large variety of mechanoids!Keep up good work.

Sharp

That looks really cool.

Sounds like they can be quite vicious in melee though, what about disassembly of them? Will they be like normal mechanoids or just drop some scrap/metal or be corpses that have to be buried/burned/exploded?

Orion

They are indeed quite vicious, you don't want to get surrounded by them. But sentry guns have... an effective way of dealing with them.

They are disassembled just like regular mechanoids, but yield much less resources.

Loki88

So will they raid in conjunction with the vanilla mechs or just by themselves?

Loki88

Would it be possible to add a bill to their health tab in addition to "shutdown" called "hack AI"? To repurpose them into little mini hauler / cleaner bots or something? (I've always thought you should be able to hack downed mechs) having my own army of mini mechs would be epic :P

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Hargut

I just started new on ice sheet, so anyone tryed this one and can tell me they come with ther bigger brothers or slone? X))

Sounds very intresting, but right now i would start new if they would be together, not seperated

JoeysLucky22

Nice! I made textures for something just like this last night!

I'm Trying to wrap my head around XML and DLL modding. I know a bit of C# and unity so hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Here are a few I've made so far:

edit: Awesome!

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Loki88 on January 11, 2015, 09:27:09 AM
Would it be possible to add a bill to their health tab in addition to "shutdown" called "hack AI"? To repurpose them into little mini hauler / cleaner bots or something? (I've always thought you should be able to hack downed mechs) having my own army of mini mechs would be epic :P
God please tell me you can that would be amazing
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Epyk

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 11, 2015, 11:43:53 AM
Nice! I made textures for something just like this last night!

I'm Trying to wrap my head around XML and DLL modding. I know a bit of C# and unity so hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Here are a few I've made so far:

edit: Awesome!

Damn JoeysLucky22.
Every time I see your texture I go WOW. I a huge fan of them.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: Epyk on January 11, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Damn JoeysLucky22.

Haha thanks man! I could make these all day but I'd really like to be able to code some of them too.

Thanks to Orion's code, I was able to add another mechanoid that instantly incapacitates anyone that comes within melee range (using Skullywags tazer code) so that's pretty cool! I'm still making adjustments and figuring out what XML properties I can use so hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little more than textures.

Is there a source XML for the two current mechanoids or do I need to go DLL digging?

Loki88

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 11, 2015, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: Epyk on January 11, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Damn JoeysLucky22.

Haha thanks man! I could make these all day but I'd really like to be able to code some of them too.

Thanks to Orion's code, I was able to add another mechanoid that instantly incapacitates anyone that comes within melee range (using Skullywags tazer code) so that's pretty cool! I'm still making adjustments and figuring out what XML properties I can use so hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little more than textures.

Is there a source XML for the two current mechanoids or do I need to go DLL digging?

Rimworld657win/Mods/Core/Defs/PawnKindDefs/Pawnkinds_Mechanoids.xml

Starting point maybe? there's likely a bunch of related files and other stuff hidden in .DLL land...

Good luck man, your textures are amazing and I'd love to see them implemented ( Especially if my suggestion for hacking mechanoids becomes a reality )

Derringer97

Hahahahahahahahaha just for a warning 120+ crawler drop squad. I dont have a base anymore ;)