[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Thanks for all the feedback!

Joey, do you mind if I use your textures for the mod? They're fantastic, and frankly, I suck at texturing ;)

I wouldn't mind combining our efforts and can probably teach you a thing or two about xml and dll modding. I'm sure everyone would benefit!

Quote from: Loki88 on January 11, 2015, 09:27:09 AM
Would it be possible to add a bill to their health tab in addition to "shutdown" called "hack AI"? To repurpose them into little mini hauler / cleaner bots or something? (I've always thought you should be able to hack downed mechs) having my own army of mini mechs would be epic :P
I love the idea! I'm gonna look into this...

Quote from: Derringer97 on January 11, 2015, 11:46:56 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha just for a warning 120+ crawler drop squad. I dont have a base anymore ;)
Yikes, I'll tweak them down a little bit ;)

Quote from: Loki88 on January 11, 2015, 09:19:56 AM
So will they raid in conjunction with the vanilla mechs or just by themselves?
They come separately when raiding, but together when spawned by AI. I'll look into fixing this.

Orion

Okay, I have
- tweaked the amount of crawlers
- made them spawn together with vanilla mechanoids

Once I have Joey's permission I will upload the new version with his graphics.

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: Orion on January 12, 2015, 10:45:43 AMJoey, do you mind if I use your textures for the mod? They're fantastic, and frankly, I suck at texturing ;)

Haha! you did a fine job with the originals! Quite a cool coincidence I had made a texture for that exact type of mechanoid the day before you released this mod. You can absolutely use these! I'll send the others over as well.

Hit me up with a PM if you have any other ideas for mechanoids and I'll throw some textures your way. I'll probably have some XML / DLL questions in the not so distant future :)

Killaim

you know - i love this.

but i always wanted the ancient ship to work differently - like it would continuesly pump out mechanoids (like daily or randomly - perhaps each time the psionic ramp up) and the ones that would appear would attack right away (while the ones that come out while damage happens would be on guard duty)

fantastic textures there!.

JoeysLucky22

Okay, here are the chopped up textures for the ones posted earlier. Still working on a few more. I'd love to see what you can do with the "assimilated" male & female mechanoids ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1654w7ms3ntoofh/Mechanoids.zip

...Your colony will be assimilated...

skullywag

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 11, 2015, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: Epyk on January 11, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Damn JoeysLucky22.
Every time I see your texture I go WOW. I a huge fan of them.
I was able to add another mechanoid that instantly incapacitates anyone that comes within melee range (using Skullywags tazer code)

Horrific....do not want...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JoeysLucky22

Quote from: skullywag on January 12, 2015, 12:55:12 PMHorrific....do not want...

You're too late skullywag. You're far too late...

There's no stopping them now...

Evul

Shinzy

Oh my gosh
suddenly my own mechanoids doesn't seem all that cool now =P

I have some experience of tazer mechs! I made some very tiny buggers armed with skully's tazers last alpha
to test with, one of them would knock out nearly all my colonists when I riled up the spaceship part
so I do hope those tazer guys ain't fast cause they have the potential to end colonies
same thing with extremely cheap and small melee buggers (very hard to balance for endgame)

let's just say these guys scare me, alot ;D

mipen

This mod is great! I love the small crawlers. The first encounter I had with them, they dropped down right inside me base and went on to chew everything to pieces. Turrets' best way of dealing with them is to explode xD they might need to have their damage turned down a bit, because they can kill colonists in seconds if there are three+ attacking at the same time. But anyways, I love this, it is so good!

Idlemind79

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 11, 2015, 11:43:53 AM
Nice! I made textures for something just like this last night!

Way to hijack the thread jerk! Lol awesome textures, please tell me you are going to release a texture pack for this game?

I like the red eyes, it'd be amazing if your pawns would change looks as they get more implants / bionics!

On the topic though it'd be neat if these little guys could be strung together somehow like a millipede and if you destroy a middle piece then you have two pieces that are independent.  So one long snake comes in and the more you destroy it the more little snakes you have to deal with... pray to the coding gods eh lol

Hargut

they are hella strong.

Like 150 dropped in front of my base and crushed everyone in a blink of a eye >D

Coenmcj

Those are some sweet looking mechanoids Joey..

Orion, What are your plans for the future of this?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 12, 2015, 12:54:44 PM
Okay, here are the chopped up textures for the ones posted earlier. Still working on a few more. I'd love to see what you can do with the "assimilated" male & female mechanoids ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1654w7ms3ntoofh/Mechanoids.zip

...Your colony will be assimilated...

Cybermafhuewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwg *gets cut off*
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 12, 2015, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: skullywag on January 12, 2015, 12:55:12 PMHorrific....do not want...

You're too late skullywag. You're far too late...

There's no stopping them now...

This sh*t is hella scary...................................... i want it now and fast!!!!
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.