[A9) Snappy Dresser. v0.5 (2015-2-22)

Started by Belae, January 13, 2015, 05:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleMikey

Well this is impressive. Now I can literally make all of my expendable colonists redshirts!

Quote from: Shinzy on January 24, 2015, 06:30:58 AM
Ayoo Belly!

I've come across a small problem (it's not really *your* problem and or fault but..)
well! anyhow some idiot made a mod that adds tons of clothing you can stack on your colonists and the dresser window isn't large enough to show them all

I can't recolour my hat and goggles without dropping something else first
so I just wanted to ask if you'd have time/and/or/skill to add a scrollbar on the side

I can't expect you to make this work with every possible other mod so I feel none too good about asking for it .. but it never hurts to ask riiight? usually it tickles *tickles* Kooochie koochie coooo!!!

Pfft, what kind of silly person would add that many extra clothing options? Lunacy, if you ask me.

Belae

oh oops, I'll add a scroll bar to it later today if I get a chance.

Belae

If it's done like this

Is that better?

Haven't uploaded this yet,   still just messing about with it.

obviousguy

I love the concept. And yes, the interface could use work. Overall, this appeals to my overarching need to have all the armor be the same color
"That's it. Unleash the Battle Monkeys."

Belae

OK well, updated to the screenshot above.

There are of course some apparel items where the colours don't really apply at all so maybe a filter on it will lower the noise of said items.  Or is it better just to show everything? I dono! Who knows...? I sure don't.

obviousguy

I do like that version. It does what it's designed to do and I haven't had any problems so far, so I'm definitely keeping this one

Shinzy

Quote from: Belae on January 24, 2015, 10:23:42 PM
OK well, updated to the screenshot above.

There are of course some apparel items where the colours don't really apply at all so maybe a filter on it will lower the noise of said items.  Or is it better just to show everything? I dono! Who knows...? I sure don't.

Oh this works like a charm right now already so there's really no reason to go any further with it unless you feel like it! ;D

I'm just curious how would you filter things out? just filter out things that don't have the "colourable Compclass" <- because trying to colour those caused an error =P

or if you could get the dresser to detect if the apparel doesn't have the 'worn graphics' on them? because those really have very little reason to colour!
and keep those ones hidden from the dresser window?

Ofcourse there'd need to be a tickbox to let you show all the items again because if I know people; there's always someone with their entire playlist composed of all the versions of "Paint it black" playing on endless loop
you don't wanan mess with those people!

but now i'm just throwing out ideas here ;D right now it does everything it's set out to do and then some! just what obviousguy said ...ooh
And things are obviously like he said! *ba-dam-tschhh!* Oooooh yuss *fistpump*

obviousguy

Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 05:34:23 AM
And things are obviously like he said! *ba-dam-tschhh!* Oooooh yuss *fistpump*

Aha, very clever. Also, everything Shinzy said. Or not, it's your mod

StarBlazer

Wont show up in mods when I start up game...help?

Belae

Quote from: StarBlazer on January 26, 2015, 09:09:55 PM

Apologies I didn't get back to you sooner!  I'm not to sure why it wouldn't be showing up :(  Is it unzipped and in the correct folder?

Has anyone else had issues with the mod?

SilverDragon

Quote from: Belae on February 02, 2015, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: StarBlazer on January 26, 2015, 09:09:55 PM

Apologies I didn't get back to you sooner!  I'm not to sure why it wouldn't be showing up :(  Is it unzipped and in the correct folder?

Has anyone else had issues with the mod?

After a really quick look, I don't see any problems with the mod itself. Runs fine with everything I already had and just dropped it on top of them and loaded a game i was already playing. :D This mod doesn't require you to start a new world or a new colony.

So troubleshooting!
Make sure you unzip it with 7zip, ive noticed that winrar doesnt understand the compression of 7zip sometimes and things go wrong.
You're probably running some version of Alpha 8, so I wont ask to check that! ;D
Also check that your RimWorld671Win\Mods has the folder Snappy Dresser in it, and it has folders like "about", "assemblies", "defs", "textures" inside it.
It should be visible in your mods menu by now.

wileama

I love this mod. Still like you said the UI could use a bit of tweaking. The big thing to me is there is no way to make your own presets. A solution you might find easier to implement though would be the ability to set the RGB by number. That way once you pick the color you want from the swath, you can just remember those numbers. Anyway again big thumbs up for this mod.

Belae

Thanks for that quick writeup SilverDragon :)

Wileama I'll see what I can do about implementing some fields for RGB after work this evening.

Belae

Nearly forgot I had said I would add that! all done :)

Edit: Oh! also I should mention that if you do want your own preset colours you can just edit the Preset.png found in the Textures/UI folder ;D until I put in something a little better.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.