[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exit2none

I've included the mod selection page and the research screens after completing 'gun turret cooling' and 'mortars' research.

And no I did not have any particular error messages when attempting to run the mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

exit2none

here's the researched items screenshot

exit2none

and this is my output log for this particular attempt which was done after downloading a fresh copy of 9.727.

exit2none

I have a weird feeling that I may be completely oblivious to something... but I can't figure out what

Marnador

Quote from: exit2none on March 14, 2015, 06:25:57 AM
I have a weird feeling that I may be completely oblivious to something... but I can't figure out what
How exactly did you unzipped it? in the mod list it shouldn't say 1.5 at the end, what did you do exactly?
How your mod folder looks like?

exit2none

I found the problem. The mod works now. When I unzipped the file I kept the zip file itself as the starting folder in the mods folder.

So I had

More Vanilla Turrets1.5\More Vanilla Turrets\

Instead of just

More Vanilla Turrets\

Thanks for helping out and thank you for this awesome mod!

Marnador

Quote from: exit2none on March 16, 2015, 01:57:55 AM
I found the problem. The mod works now. When I unzipped the file I kept the zip file itself as the starting folder in the mods folder.

So I had

More Vanilla Turrets1.5\More Vanilla Turrets\

Instead of just

More Vanilla Turrets\

Thanks for helping out and thank you for this awesome mod!
Ah thought something was fishy.
Glad it worked out at the end :)

Avtomatik

Can you make a shallow moat a separate mod?

Thanks ;)

Marnador

Quote from: Avtomatik on March 21, 2015, 09:15:38 AM
Can you make a shallow moat a separate mod?

Thanks ;)
You want me to remove it from the main mod and make it separate download? or you just want moats and nothing else as an option?

silentlord

SSS

Looks well-put-together. I'm not sure how I missed this on my initial sweep. If there's one thing I value highly in mods, it's a willingness to blend in with the vanilla artstyle. I'm a bit more forgiving with incident mods, but other than that I gravitate toward ones that don't look too jarring.

That being said, you have a lot of cool stuff here. That boomrat launcher sounds hilarious too.

Marnador

Quote from: SSS on March 22, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
Looks well-put-together. I'm not sure how I missed this on my initial sweep. If there's one thing I value highly in mods, it's a willingness to blend in with the vanilla artstyle. I'm a bit more forgiving with incident mods, but other than that I gravitate toward ones that don't look too jarring.

That being said, you have a lot of cool stuff here. That boomrat launcher sounds hilarious too.
Thank you good sir/mam hope you'll have fun without it feeling too much out of place :)

rditto48801

Amusing bug.
I was able to buy a Precision Turret for $0.50 from a trader, and it uses the Precision Shell texture when in the stockpile/on the ground and when carried/used, which makes it look like it is handled like a glowing red staff firing from its side when a pawn fires it.
So, yeah... something is buggy someplace with that turret's gun.

I have version 1.5.
I've encountered just one for sale over a period of almost 3 years in my present colony, so it is very rare (for comparison, I've encountered AI Persona Cores for sale more often, if that says anything).
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Mechanoid Hivemind

It was in all of my traders that where combat traders i thought someone mentioned this bug before so i didnt say anything so i can confirm this
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

The gun part of the turret needs a tradability flag of never im guessing.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?