[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

Quote from: rditto48801 on March 30, 2015, 11:46:59 AM
Amusing bug.
I was able to buy a Precision Turret for $0.50 from a trader, and it uses the Precision Shell texture when in the stockpile/on the ground and when carried/used, which makes it look like it is handled like a glowing red staff firing from its side when a pawn fires it.
So, yeah... something is buggy someplace with that turret's gun.

I have version 1.5.
I've encountered just one for sale over a period of almost 3 years in my present colony, so it is very rare (for comparison, I've encountered AI Persona Cores for sale more often, if that says anything).
Woops that's a honest mistake on my part, Skullywag is right, I must have removed the flag by accident, if you haven't fixed it yourself by now front page is updated with 1.5b
Just install it on top of the existing mod should work fine.
Sorry for inconvenience, and thanks for letting me know it must have slipped by me.

rditto48801

Quote from: Marnador on April 01, 2015, 03:22:38 AM
Woops that's a honest mistake on my part, Skullywag is right, I must have removed the flag by accident, if you haven't fixed it yourself by now front page is updated with 1.5b
Sorry for inconvenience, and thanks for letting me know it must have slipped by me.

I didn't fix it because I didn't know what was needed to make it not be buyable.
Will I need to get rid of the one I am presently have before I update?
I sort of have an MAI running around with it right now in place of a sniper rifle.  ;D
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Marnador

Quote from: rditto48801 on April 01, 2015, 01:22:48 PM
Quote from: Marnador on April 01, 2015, 03:22:38 AM

I didn't fix it because I didn't know what was needed to make it not be buyable.
Will I need to get rid of the one I am presently have before I update?
I sort of have an MAI running around with it right now in place of a sniper rifle.  ;D
Nah the one you have will still be there unless you feel like getting rid of it because of moral reasons =p
Updating will just make it so you can't buy it again, that's all :)

esbe1595

This mod is absolutely fantastic. The textures fit right into Rimworld like no other mods i have seen. The turrets all sound like great fun and there is such a good variety that this is a must have on my part. Thanks for making it!

Rauminen

^^ This.

I have spent quite a few (hundred) hours with Rimworld and can't really imagine my game without this mod. Everything just fits in nicely. Great work!

Marnador

Quote from: esbe1595 on April 04, 2015, 02:51:33 AM
This mod is absolutely fantastic. The textures fit right into Rimworld like no other mods i have seen. The turrets all sound like great fun and there is such a good variety that this is a must have on my part. Thanks for making it!
Quote from: Rauminen on April 09, 2015, 12:55:55 PM
^^ This.

I have spent quite a few (hundred) hours with Rimworld and can't really imagine my game without this mod. Everything just fits in nicely. Great work!

Thanks :) I am happy that I was able to provide positive experience with this simplistic mod to you guys!
As long as you have fun that's all that matters.

MacEriu

Will this mod be updating to A10. Is it one of my central mod that I like to use.

Maxgaga15

Elixiar

Really really awesome mod and feels vanila. The only thing I've found is the mounted emplacement fires way way too fast for how powerful it is, also I think the range could be nerfed to half of its current value making it best suited against hordes of tribals. Just a thought :)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

jerome736

Would love to see this updated too! Really helpful when playing on higher difficulties.

Adamiks

I created a fix for alpha 10. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyzpdbxxnqyw1es/More%20Vanilla%20Turrets.rar?dl=0

Warning! I do not really fully tested this yet, so there may be bugs, anyway i'm only guy who create this for yourself so i hope you guys will happy anyway. :)

jerome736

Quote from: Adamiks on April 23, 2015, 05:50:27 PM
I created a fix for alpha 10. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyzpdbxxnqyw1es/More%20Vanilla%20Turrets.rar?dl=0

Warning! I do not really fully tested this yet, so there may be bugs, anyway i'm only guy who create this for yourself so i hope you guys will happy anyway. :)

Just curious, what did you need to change to update it?

Marnador

Quote from: Adamiks on April 23, 2015, 05:50:27 PM

Yeah I am aware that Alpha 10 is out I was basically sitting it out because of the inevitable hot fix rush =p
I was just afraid that hot fixes might break something but I guess I should take a look at it in hopes nothing will be wrong :) (this weekend hopefully)
For the impatient ones you can check out and test out what the guy above me fixed up, make a separate save just to be on the safe side. ^^

Quote from: Elixiar on April 21, 2015, 03:19:28 PM
Really really awesome mod and feels vanila. The only thing I've found is the mounted emplacement fires way way too fast for how powerful it is, also I think the range could be nerfed to half of its current value making it best suited against hordes of tribals. Just a thought :)
Yeah I have to re balance it a bit, maybe make it fire one but more accurate shot instead of 3.
Because as of now it has the longest range out of any turret in game (not including mortars) and if you have like 10 of those thing its pretty much raining Armageddon on those that attack you.
Same could said about the magnet catapult but at least the power consumption for this thing is insane and solar flares will pretty much make it useless unlike your every day mortar.

Andy_Dandy

This is really my favorite mod. Feels so right implemented alongside Vanilla. 2 mods I really need, and that's this one and the EdB Interface. Looking forward to the Alpha 10 update indeed. My compliments for the great work.

iamthebest22

Look forward to this getting updated so I can try it out! Rimworld is so much better with mods :D