[A9] Biodiversity v3.0 A9 Don't Bug Out! Mar. 09, 2015

Started by Igabod, January 22, 2015, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: evrett33 on January 25, 2015, 03:44:43 PM
Not a problem for me but other might not be able to create an account or are banned and might not be able to access the mod. Also the compatibility fixes had the log in gate before I could download them.

I'm having a beast of a time getting expanded woodworking, xtraplants and biodiversity and to load without the white errors. Then when they do the sprites wont load in Prepare carefully if I try and make a new colony. It seems to be an either /or scenario..half the time frustrated with need to load twice gfx bug I get every now and then for all mods.

Xtraplants has a compadability patch for woodworking that is a mod in itself, while you patch for xtra plants is just a biome file..is seems like a mess. Can you guys get together and agree on 1 tree/wood/anime improvement mod so there is not so much juggling/patching going on? or Could you make biodiversity work with T's extracrop/xtracloth mods? And I guess expanded woodworking if that isnt already kosher.

If people are banned from the forums (I don't know of any that actually are) then it's probably for a good reason and I don't cater to people that are assholes on the internet. So I couldn't care less if banned people can't download this mod. As for people not being able to create an account, I don't see why they would have any problems with that. If you can't figure out how to make an account then you probably can't figure out how to install a mod anyway.

As for the compatibility patches. The one for Extended Woodworking is a more complicated patch because it not only requires the editing of the tree defs but it also requires the addition of the new wood types to the EW mod. That's why Itchy made it into a full sub-mod. This mod *should* be fully compatible with EW and Xtra Plants (with the compatibility patch for Xtra Plants) since it doesn't do anything with the trees at all. And EW doesn't do anything with the Biomes.xml file either so this is perfectly compatible with just EW with no patches needed. If you are having problems with using EW and Xtra Plants and this mod then make sure you have Xtra Plants loaded first, EW, the compat patch for EW and Xtra Plants, then Biodiversity (with the Biodiv+Xtra Plants compat patch file placed into the correct spot in the Biodiv folder). Everything should work perfectly fine.

As for image loading errors, you're probably opening the mods screen in the game and then doing something or just looking at it then closing it and trying to start a game immediately. You have to fully exit the game every time you open the mods screen or there will be image loading issues. This is a core game bug and can't be corrected with my mod.

Halinder

Is there any way that you could add in an event similar to Alphabeavers, in that a pack of Furxes or other hostile animals arrive rather than them casually spawning in pairs or alone?

chaotix14

Quote from: Halinder on January 25, 2015, 04:52:22 PM
Is there any way that you could add in an event similar to Alphabeavers, in that a pack of Furxes or other hostile animals arrive rather than them casually spawning in pairs or alone?

It would be even better if you could do something like the alphabeaver as in have a creature that continuously hunts down other animals(including colonists and any form of visitors) and consumes the corpses. But that would at the very least require adding a food quality to the corpses and giving that animal the ability to hunt for it's food(then again if it is aggressive, uses the whole map as his territory and attacks any animal that isn't his own kind it would work too).

Igabod

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 25, 2015, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: Halinder on January 25, 2015, 04:52:22 PM

It would be even better if you could do something like the alphabeaver as in have a creature that continuously hunts down other animals(including colonists and any form of visitors) and consumes the corpses. But that would at the very least require adding a food quality to the corpses and giving that animal the ability to hunt for it's food(then again if it is aggressive, uses the whole map as his territory and attacks any animal that isn't his own kind it would work too).

There are already some plans in the works to add some events similar to the beaver event. As for the hunter/killer animals that consume corpses, I already discussed such a thing with Haplo who assures me that it is indeed possible to do. He is too busy at the moment to take that project on though so just keep watching for it to make an appearance in future updates.

Also, thanks to Shinzy taking a request from me we will have some big spider-like critters in the next update to satisfy everybody's urge to be creeped out a little. It's likely that this animal is going to be the first to get an alphabeavers-like event, but that probably won't be in the next update. The next update is going to contain just the spider creature with some behind-the-scenes upgrades (like new bodytype definitions so snorks don't have hooves anymore).

Also, I'm considering adding a couple custom sounds for some of the creatures in the next update too. I've never attempted to add sounds to a mod yet so I can't promise it. But if anybody wants to help me by providing links to download sound files that will work well with this mod or something then please do. I am pretty decent at doing imitations of a lot of animals but I've never done any audio recording and I'm not sure if my microphone is of a high enough quality to do it well or not so I doubt I'll be recording my own animal sounds except in the case of a last resort.

art281996

Igabod

Quote from: art281996 on January 26, 2015, 09:14:41 PM
do the animals drop fur or meat?

The new animals are no different from the vanilla animals except that some of them are a little aggressive now. So yes, if you butcher their corpses you can get leather and meat. But if you mean when they die they drop meat and fur instead of a corpse then no.

chaotix14

Quote from: Igabod on January 25, 2015, 07:04:12 PM
Also, thanks to Shinzy taking a request from me we will have some big spider-like critters in the next update to satisfy everybody's urge to be creeped out a little. It's likely that this animal is going to be the first to get an alphabeavers-like event, but that probably won't be in the next update. The next update is going to contain just the spider creature with some behind-the-scenes upgrades (like new bodytype definitions so snorks don't have hooves anymore).

I think it's time to invest into some modded flames of nope.

Igabod

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 27, 2015, 02:38:21 AM
Quote from: Igabod on January 25, 2015, 07:04:12 PM

I think it's time to invest into some modded flames of nope.

The words are English, but the order in which they have been placed is confusing. Would you mind restating that in a more conventional way that I might possibly understand?

SilverDragon

Quote from: Igabod on January 27, 2015, 03:45:43 AM
The words are English, but the order in which they have been placed is confusing. Would you mind restating that in a more conventional way that I might possibly understand?

Let me help you.

RemingtonRyder

I tweaked the temperature factors on the hides and made a nerf mod. Feel free to use it, or not. :)

Kirid

I'm having fun playing with this :3

I made some flies a couple alphas back.. maybe its time to reintroduce it. I'd like to redo the art but they worked decently.
Fast speed, herd animal so they move together, and a low hunger threshold so they quickly eat any food left on the ground. Low health, but hard to hit because of size.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Shinzy

Quote from: Kirid on January 27, 2015, 04:36:00 PM

I made some flies a couple alphas back.. maybe its time to reintroduce it. I'd like to redo the art but they worked decently.
Fast speed, herd animal so they move together, and a low hunger threshold so they quickly eat any food left on the ground. Low health, but hard to hit because of size.
Flies? gimmie!

Igabod

Quote from: Kirid on January 27, 2015, 04:36:00 PM

That sounds interesting. I'd like to see that for sure.

Giraffe

If I could be just the most ungrateful jerkass..
I never really liked those dog and wolf sprites, the feet look so ugly

But other than that-- this mod seems essential to me. Can't wait till I can make some hats outta all of these Furx corpses. Or even further into the future steal their young to nip at unsuspecting heels at the gate.

Igabod

Quote from: Giraffe on January 29, 2015, 04:30:29 PM
If I could be just the most ungrateful jerkass..
I never really liked those dog and wolf sprites, the feet look so ugly

But other than that-- this mod seems essential to me. Can't wait till I can make some hats outta all of these Furx corpses. Or even further into the future steal their young to nip at unsuspecting heels at the gate.

The dog sprites I'm using are better than anything I was able to come up with so unless someone can provide better textures then that's the way they'll stay for now. I think it fits in well with the theme of the rest of the pawns not having any real legs though. But they could use a bit of some tinkering to be perfect.

As for the making hats out of Furx corpses, I believe Shinzy already made that possible in the Wildhunt mod he released. You might wanna check that out. I should probably provide a link to that in the original post somewhere. I provided a link to it in the original post as well.