72% armour pen on standard kevlar
90% on Kevlar Helmet
Kick's like a mule so accuracy is down

5.56 Standard nato

20% pen on Kevlar
20% on Kevlar Helmet
Lower Kick higher marksmen ratings.

Ninefinger

I have a modified version that i use for my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack feel free to check it out and use it however you want, you can ignore the SCA10Core, the Rimfire Combat Realism Rework (the rework is for Alistaire), and the fact that combat realism is missing files since it is simply a modified patch for compatibility with my modpack. just focus on the Weapons_Guns.xml for the numbers that i have used and feel free to let me know what you guys think, and ignore the <smeltProducts> <SteelBar>10</SteelBar> </smeltProducts> this is for compatibility with Superior Crafting. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/Ri2lIJ

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: skyarkhangel on April 28, 2015, 09:56:32 PM
Combat realism? it's a damn crazy combat mod. It seems you've never used a weapon in real life.
You made a serious mistake without taking into consideration parameters such as:
1) the caliber of the bullets, respectively recoil after the shot. In your mod minigun bullets 5,56x45 caliber shooting at the same distance as a sniper rifle with a caliber 7,62x51.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun

QuoteThe M134 Minigun is a 7.62x51 mm NATO, six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute).

Quote2) Lethal force of a bullet 7,62x51 caliber about 3 times stronger than 5,56x45. Currently weapon damage is the same..

Muzzle energy != lethal force. It is energy transfered that matters and that depends on bullet ballistics, tumbling, etc. more than initial energy and it is well known that pistol bullets can be more effective at close range than assault rifles with several times more muzzle energy. Just because 7.62 has 3 times the energy than 5.56 does not mean it does 3 times more damage.

Quote3) The weight of the weapon. In your mod no difference colonist took up a two-pound gun  or 15-30 pound minigun. There is no decrease in the speed of movement. Usability of firearms plays a very important role, which affects everything.

Yes there is.

And the Minigun is not obtainable at all, if you somehow did it is a bug. It is not a weapon that can be carried by one person.

I don't appreciate your tone, either. If you have criticisms, voice them in a civilized manner, don't go on about how terrible and unplayable the mod is if you didn't even familiarize yourself with its basic features. This isn't 4chan.

[attachment deleted due to age]
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Ninefinger

Dont worry about the critics NoImageAvailable your mod is awesome and this is a game not real life, the combat is more realistic and that is what the mod is designed for that is the bottom line, and you have done a very nice job of it, and numbers can always be tweaked but haters will always be haters lol

Jan2607

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 29, 2015, 03:39:56 AM
Dont worry about the critics NoImageAvailable your mod is awesome and this is a game not real life, the combat is more realistic and that is what the mod is designed for that is the bottom line, and you have done a very nice job of it, and numbers can always be tweaked but haters will always be haters lol

I agree with you!
I like this mod very much :)

akiceabear

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 29, 2015, 03:39:56 AM

+1

I found the content of the exchange interesting, but strongly agree that the criticism should have been offered in a more civil manner. A nice thing about this community is that it is generally very friendly - our responsibility to keep it that way.

MelanisticAlbino

Love this mod, thanks for you work!

Can't wait for the project armory update, if it's on the way :)

dustysniper

Quote from: skyarkhangel on April 28, 2015, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: Epyk on January 29, 2015, 12:34:50 PM

Combat realism? it's a damn crazy combat mod. It seems you've never used a weapon in real life.
You made a serious mistake without taking into consideration parameters such as:
1) the caliber of the bullets, respectively recoil after the shot. In your mod minigun bullets 5,56x45 caliber shooting at the same distance as a sniper rifle with a caliber 7,62x51.
2) Lethal force of a bullet 7,62x51 caliber about 3 times stronger than 5,56x45. Currently weapon damage is the same..
3) The weight of the weapon. In your mod no difference colonist took up a two-pound gun  or 15-30 pound minigun. There is no decrease in the speed of movement. Usability of firearms plays a very important role, which affects everything.

First off have you ever shot a real gun in a real combat situation? Ive missed people at less than 100m in real combat and Ive never missed a paper target during my service time. Lethal force of a 7.62 is 3 times stronger? Where are these facts coming from? Its not about the type of bullet its about where the target is hit and what the round does inside the body. Talk to any combat surgeon 7.62 is an easy bullet to treat 5.56 is terrible since its bounces around in the body and shreds everything. And aweomse mod.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on May 02, 2015, 12:15:41 PM
Love this mod, thanks for you work!

Can't wait for the project armory update, if it's on the way :)

PA update was more work than I expected due to the severity of changes between versions. As I don't have much free time during the week I mostly work on it on weekends. Hence the delay with the Defence Pack and PA update. On the bright side, damage changes are all done and right now I'm looking mostly at 3-4 hours of shuffling around spreadsheets and googleing specs for obscure weapons so it should hopefully get done tomorrow.

Armyguy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 02, 2015, 12:41:25 PM
PA update was more work than I expected due to the severity of changes between versions. As I don't have much free time during the week I mostly work on it on weekends. Hence the delay with the Defence Pack and PA update. On the bright side, damage changes are all done and right now I'm looking mostly at 3-4 hours of shuffling around spreadsheets and googleing specs for obscure weapons so it should hopefully get done tomorrow.
Well to save you some time on googleing (and so get the update faster i hope) don't forget about http://world.guns.ru/index-e.html that has most of the IRL guns in PA.

NoImageAvailable

Released version 1.2.1, mostly just groundwork for the PA update.

Quote from: Armyguy on May 02, 2015, 02:30:59 PM
Well to save you some time on googleing (and so get the update faster i hope) don't forget about http://world.guns.ru/index-e.html that has most of the IRL guns in PA.

Thanks, though I already use that site as a reference. Google is mostly used for those obscure weapons like the Sjorgen rifle which don't even have a Wikipedia article.

Evul

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 03, 2015, 06:54:06 AMGoogle is mostly used for those obscure weapons like the Sjorgen rifle which don't even have a Wikipedia article.

Yeah finding values for obscure weapons is sometimes hard.

NoImageAvailable

As a heads up on the PA update, the spreadsheet work is done, tomorrow I'll be moving on to the exiting tasks of Google and copy-paste.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2015, 02:51:28 AM

The M134 Minigun is a 7.62x51 mm NATO, six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM214_Microgun
5,56x45 microgun.
I suppose "Arnold" the colonist can take this but not for a long time.

But....
In your mod colonist run with 40 pound 7,62 Minigun  ;)
It's not real...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 04, 2015, 03:09:16 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2015, 02:51:28 AM

The M134 Minigun is a 7.62x51 mm NATO, six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM214_Microgun
5,56x45 microgun.
I suppose "Arnold" the colonist can take this but not for a long time.

But....
In your mod colonist run with 40 pound 7,62 Minigun  ;)
It's not real...

1) The weapon in the game is very clearly labeled Minigun
2) I already told you, it is not obtainable, it is Centipedes only