[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcyonna

Hi, same thing for me ,like @Boston incompatible message and reset all my mods.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Didact04 on October 05, 2015, 04:26:01 AM
I find it kind of odd that someone can get shot in the heart, collapse due to extreme pain, and sit there and bleed to death not in minutes but over the course of 24 hours. Shouldn't a shot to the heart cause an extreme amount of bleeding? Like, in real life that'd be something along the lines of, 'You need that stitched in the next 20 seconds or you're going into shock' or 'You're running on adrenaline and are about to drop like a sack of bad hand-me-downs.'

That's actually a good point, I'll have a look at bleeding rates once I get some time to work on the mod again.

Quote from: Boston on October 04, 2015, 11:04:12 PM
Quote from: TheRedOne on October 04, 2015, 10:28:42 PM
Did you create a new world? Also, remember that some mods need to be loaded in a specific order.

No, this is just "turning on" the mods on the Main page of Rimworld. And, I still get the"incompatible" message when I load Core, CCL, and Combat realism core.

Is your load order Core -> CCL -> CR? If so I'd like you to append your log file, its YourRimworldFolder/RimWorld914Win_Data/output_log.txt
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Nebbeh

Added the mods and in the order you provided, still get lots of errors. see attacked log

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

Quote from: Nebbeh on October 06, 2015, 11:24:33 AM
Added the mods and in the order you provided, still get lots of errors. see attacked log

From your output log, there is NO CCL loaded before combat realism.

here is a copy of the load order from my modconfig...

-<ModsConfigData>

<buildNumber>911</buildNumber>

-<activeMods>

<li>Core</li>

<li>Community Core Library</li>

<li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>

<li>EdBModOrder</li>

<li>CombatRealism</li>

<li>CombatRealism Defence</li>

</activeMods>

</ModsConfigData>

and the lines from the output log I looked for in yours and never found,

Community Core Library v0.12.3
Community Core Library :: Community Core Library :: Injected Specials
Community Core Library :: Advanced Research :: Initialized
Community Core Library :: Help System :: Initialized
Community Core Library :: Initialized

Nebbeh

Ok will look into it, thx :)

Edit; Found my error, while downloading the different CR mods, I missed the CR Core, so I only had Community Core/Vanilla and Combat Realism Defence.

Thx for the input ^^

magmaticdorf

Hello, I need help with this mod. It took off the regular improvised steel turrets when I installed it, and currently they cannot be accessed through the security node of the architect tab. Is this mod supposed to implement another way to install turrets, or is this an unfortunate glitch?

Edit: Figured it out, machining table makes improvised turrets.
Urist McColonist does not like to eat off the ground. Urist McColonist stabs your skull with a simple meal tearing a tendon, and tearing an artery.

You have been slain.

Lordprimate

i have a secondary question... using the combat realism defense mod... how do i get access to build those turrets???

TheGentlmen

Soul312

hey, can u plz make the no turret crafting optional? My friend wont use this mod coz of it and im starting to get annoyed coz no one seems to be selling them, so yeah, please make that optional

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Lordprimate on October 08, 2015, 06:40:32 PM
i have a secondary question... using the combat realism defense mod... how do i get access to build those turrets???

See the OP for instructions on where to obtain the new turrets.

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 08, 2015, 11:53:00 PM
<!--Generic Interest Comment-->

What

Quote from: Soul312 on October 09, 2015, 04:05:47 AM
hey, can u plz make the no turret crafting optional? My friend wont use this mod coz of it and im starting to get annoyed coz no one seems to be selling them, so yeah, please make that optional

1) Please don't use these silly abbreviations like "u" and "plz." This is a forum, not an IM chat.
2) I specifically made the advanced turrets buyable only to prevent spam and I locked the improvised turrets behind the machining table because I think it is a fair balance to their increased combat power. I will not make patches for such minor balance adjustments.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

A centipede overran my base of 25 chickens, 11 huskies, and 7 colonists and killed them all in the course of 3 days, completely destroying every effort to rally against it.

The 4 out of the 7 being brawlers and one of the gunners having a shotgun probably didn't help either.
On the plus side, I found that chickens make great distractions.

Facepunch

I've a broadish suggestion: Tactical treatment of battle wounds
Basically, treatment of wounds sustained in battle gets more realistic. In reality, if your heart gets damaged, you have 10 seconds to a minute before you bleed to death. In game, though, it can take days. I saw somebody mention that earlier. I suggest you greatly increase the rate at which wounds to organs bleed. But add tactical first aid.
Example:
John and Joe are in a gunfight with some raiders, Joe gets shot in the heart and begins to lose blood very rapidly. John can apply tactical first aid (Short treatment time, only need a low medicine skill to do it), to slow the bleeding enough so that Joe won't bleed out before he has a chance to be rescued.
Maybe have dedicated CLS, who carrys around QuikClot and Saline, or an FAK or something.

Kazkel

So how did i fix the problem of rimworld telling me that some mods were incompatible and corrupted that some people had earlier? nothing in the mods folder besides CCL_User_Releasev0.12.3b, Combat realism core and Combat Realism Defence, along with EdB Mod Order. Note that CCL loads on fine, no errors with EdB Mod Order, and that error only occurs upon loading Combat realism

Facepunch

Quote from: Kazkel on October 15, 2015, 07:23:49 AM
So how did i fix the problem of rimworld telling me that some mods were incompatible and corrupted that some people had earlier? nothing in the mods folder besides CCL_User_Releasev0.12.3b, Combat realism core and Combat Realism Defence, along with EdB Mod Order. Note that CCL loads on fine, no errors with EdB Mod Order, and that error only occurs upon loading Combat realism
You tried the obvious and reinstalled the mod? Defence and the core? Also make sure CCL is up to date.