[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

many mods make changes to the games core, removing the mod does not change the core back to vanilla. That is why you always need a fresh core when changing mods.

Alistaire

Mods don't modify the core folder. One doesn't have to because overwriting is done through defining the same content in the mod itself.

It is however good practice to remove C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config\ModsConfig.xml after removing mod folders.

TLHeart

Quote from: Alistaire on November 04, 2015, 09:51:12 AM
Mods don't modify the core folder. One doesn't have to because overwriting is done through defining the same content in the mod itself.

It is however good practice to remove C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config\ModsConfig.xml after removing mod folders.

Sorry to disagree, but some of the mods DO modify the core folder, or even replace it with their own version. Good modders do not do that, but others do.

toric

Quote from: Techigai on November 04, 2015, 03:22:54 AM
Was wrestling with this problem today.  Extracting another copy of the game and moving the mods over, excluding the old core, seemed to allow me to load the mods successfully. Why it does this I don't know, just started playing today.

still does not seem to work. i guess i just have to go without this amazing looking mod...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: toric on November 05, 2015, 04:40:23 AM
Was wrestling with this problem today.  Extracting another copy of the game and moving the mods over, excluding the old core, seemed to allow me to load the mods successfully. Why it does this I don't know, just started playing today.

still does not seem to work. i guess i just have to go without this amazing looking mod...

If you're having problems installing the mod please post a screenshot of your load order and attach your output_log.txt (it is located in the RimWorld914Win_Data folder) from after the issue occurs.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

toric

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 05, 2015, 05:41:12 AM

If you're having problems installing the mod please post a screenshot of your load order and attach your output_log.txt (it is located in the RimWorld914Win_Data folder) from after the issue occurs.

I'm on a mac, cursory search did not find the output log. however, i have the screenshots:

also, on another note, will mods that add extra turrets be incompatible with this? for example, More Vanilla Turrets?

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: toric on November 05, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

I'm on a mac, cursory search did not find the output log. however, i have the screenshots:

also, on another note, will mods that add extra turrets be incompatible with this? for example, More Vanilla Turrets?

What's up with that CCL install of yours? The latest version should read as "Community Core Library v0.12.4"

Mods that add new turrets should not have any hard incompatibilities but they won't use any of the new features or balancing so unless they were specifically balanced for this mod they probably won't fit in too well.

toric

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 05, 2015, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: toric on November 05, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

What's up with that CCL install of yours? The latest version should read as "Community Core Library v0.12.4"

Mods that add new turrets should not have any hard incompatibilities but they won't use any of the new features or balancing so unless they were specifically balanced for this mod they probably won't fit in too well.

thanks. i didn't realize that there was another set of folders in the ccl folder. seems to be fixed now.

Peaches

I have been having a problem where when my mortars fire, it makes the noise and it uses up the mortar, but a mortar does not actually come out of the cannon and fire, it seems to only happen to certain mortars..... Anyone have any knowlege on this?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Peaches on November 07, 2015, 05:12:53 PM
I have been having a problem where when my mortars fire, it makes the noise and it uses up the mortar, but a mortar does not actually come out of the cannon and fire, it seems to only happen to certain mortars..... Anyone have any knowlege on this?

Please attach your output_log.txt, see my post above for the location. Also, what range (in cells) are you firing the mortar approximately?

Peaches

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 08, 2015, 02:08:45 AM
Quote from: Peaches on November 07, 2015, 05:12:53 PM

Please attach your output_log.txt, see my post above for the location. Also, what range (in cells) are you firing the mortar approximately?
Approximately 200-250 cells, when i fire them at 40 cells though they seem to work... They were touching other mortars and walls and were in close proximity to a mountain, would that affect them in any way?

simon-82

Hey there NoImageAvailable!

I think a found a bug related to hunting with Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCRReload or Combat_Realism.CompAim.
To reproduce the error, you can find a Savegame and World here:
https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/issues/13
Ignore the first comment. It is in the post from Sephyr.

Following scenario:
- An animal is shot down (not dead) and still set to hunting.

- Let a pawn hunt the animal with any weapon that uses Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCRReload or Combat_Realism.CompAim.
This error pops up and the pawn gets stuck in the "Standing" loop:
Leas started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=
Leas started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=Hunt A=Deer79627 sourceNode=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work

Tried with all modified vanilla weapons from CR.
Especially with pistol and shotgun, as these usually work with hunting.

- If I give the pawn any weapon that uses Verb_Shoot he goes and kills the animal. Give him the other weapon back, immediately back to the error loop.

I think the pawn tries to find a spot from where to shoot, but can't find one. The debug console at least says something about position in the chain.

Greetings!

toric

anyone found an effective way to hunt with CR? the best way I've found it to use some sort of shotgun type weapon or other low ranged weapon. i use the combat shotgun from rimfire.

TLHeart

Hunting with a pistol, or shotgun is my preferred method. Needs to be a short ranged weapon.

mokonasakura

Using it but it seems to have made the game extremely easy. Main problem is the AI doesn't seem to understand what the new weapons can do, such as snipers having an incredibly long range but they wont fire until you get close.