[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: mokonasakura on November 10, 2015, 09:46:41 PM
Using it but it seems to have made the game extremely easy. Main problem is the AI doesn't seem to understand what the new weapons can do, such as snipers having an incredibly long range but they wont fire until you get close.

The vanilla AI is a known problem. Its basically just form blob -> find firing position at 80% of your max range -> shoot until target is dead. I am currently taking an extended break from Rimworld but once I get back to it one of the main things on my list is a complete AI overhaul with intelligent pathing, tactics, etc.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

bluestrike15

I seem to be having problems installing, Its a comparability problem but the only mods I start with is the CCL with vanilla tweaks, Mod order, and this mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mechanoid Hivemind

I have been trying to get these to work but cant and i am VERY infuriated, and i am using this loosely, its been several weeks and this still isnt fixed am i using the wrong CCL or what is going on?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on November 14, 2015, 09:52:14 PM
I have been trying to get these to work but cant and i am VERY infuriated, and i am using this loosely, its been several weeks and this still isnt fixed am i using the wrong CCL or what is going on?[im g]http://puu.sh/llU4Z/948eda4dbc.png[/img]
Full outlog?

Edit: Seems like the CR dll is missing, or the CCL dll is missing causing the CR dll to fail when loading.

Avenger5998

Do you think this mod would be compatible with [A12] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering ?
No, I did not name myself after the Avengers. Thank you.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: bluestrike15 on November 14, 2015, 08:17:43 PM
I seem to be having problems installing, Its a comparability problem but the only mods I start with is the CCL with vanilla tweaks, Mod order, and this mod.

What exactly is the problem?

Quote from: Avenger5998 on November 15, 2015, 01:57:55 AM
Do you think this mod would be compatible with [A12] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering ?

There are minor incompatibilities if you load EPOE after CR. I've sent the author a compatibility patch ages ago but it seems they haven't updated their OP, so here's a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjyn5j3k9honpxr/CombatRealism%20EPOE.rar?dl=0
Load after both CR and EPOE

bluestrike15

The problem is when I input those mods and click close I get "Recovery from incompatible or corrupted mods errors" message box which then unloads all mods I've managed to get working to that point.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Avenger5998

There are minor incompatibilities if you load EPOE after CR. I've sent the author a compatibility patch ages ago but it seems they haven't updated their OP, so here's a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjyn5j3k9honpxr/CombatRealism%20EPOE.rar?dl=0
Load after both CR and EPOE

Thanks so much for the help, these two mods are going to make my next rimworld campaign much more interesting.

Alistaire

You're using CCL v0.12.4 but the current version of CR uses CCL v0.12.3

Not sure that's the problem though.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Alistaire on November 15, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
You're using CCL v0.12.4 but the current version of CR uses CCL v0.12.3

Not sure that's the problem though.
CCL 0.12.4 is backwards compatible with all CCL 0.12.X. All 0.12.X are for alpha 12.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: bluestrike15 on November 15, 2015, 12:08:19 PM
The problem is when I input those mods and click close I get "Recovery from incompatible or corrupted mods errors" message box which then unloads all mods I've managed to get working to that point.
Outlog?

bluestrike15

False Alarm. After re downloading the mod It is working just fine along with Rimfire's compatibility download. It might have been that some of the parts didn't go threw the first time around. More than likely thats something on my side of things.

Avenger5998

While using the Defense module, I can't build the base turrets. Is that intended? I read the description of the mod and it said that the vanilla guns would still be able to be built, but the new ones would have to be bought.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Avenger5998 on November 21, 2015, 11:06:20 AM
While using the Defense module, I can't build the base turrets. Is that intended? I read the description of the mod and it said that the vanilla guns would still be able to be built, but the new ones would have to be bought.

The improvised turret has been moved to the machining table.

Avenger5998

The improvised turret has been moved to the machining table.

Thanks for the information. Amazing mod so far by the way.