[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

I was thinking, but I think it'd be better if someone who's maintaining the mod makes a new thread for it, as currently, it's rather difficult to find all the tweaks and refinements and such other people posted.

crusader2010

Yea, I think we need a "CR tweaks and patches" thread maintained and updated by someone who is active and uses CR's github etc.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

skullywag

Well im technically the maintainer. But im only going to be doing alpha updates and maybe the odd bugfix. Im not sure that warrants a new thread but i do agree someone needs to collate the patches simply so i can look to roll them into the mod properly. My time is limited so if someone can trawl through the posts since last release and put a post here with relevant links, ill look into it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kelle123456

Hmm, well as I'm playing this mod I can't seem to have any turrets at all, anyone knows what to do hopefully.

Rath

Quote from: kelle123456 on June 06, 2016, 05:14:31 AM
Hmm, well as I'm playing this mod I can't seem to have any turrets at all, anyone knows what to do hopefully.
The M240B is your first turret, requires someone to man it. Buildable at the Machining table once you unlock the table. Auto-turrets have their own research(requires multi-analyzer).

Wolfie88

I am on mac and I have been getting an error when trying to use CR. I noticed a few other people comment about the error saying the mod is corrupted. only mods I have right now is core-cll-cr and i got the error. does anyone know of compatibility issues with this mod and macs?

Thorbane

I just started a new colony and I'm getting errors somehow related to the loadout system when I try to load it.  It seems to be trying to load the loadout settings for colonists from my last colony as well as the current ones.

BetaGaming229

how the fuck do i get CR Defence ,there is no link

Nanao-kun

PoppiesMan

ah, damn, I really liked this mod, it is a must in my opinion. unfortunately, NoImageAvaliable stopped working on it. lame. what i really want is 2 separated versions of the mod: lite (no ammo system) and normal (ammo system). the problem 'bout the ammo is that they are not magazines, but single projectiles, so you'll burn through the ammo really fast, are they are a bit expensive too. is there anyone who can fix this? i mean, i like this update (my brother no though), but survival is much harder, and you start without ammo too!

joaonunes

Quote from: PoppiesMan on June 09, 2016, 06:37:46 AM
ah, damn, I really liked this mod, it is a must in my opinion. unfortunately, NoImageAvaliable stopped working on it. lame. what i really want is 2 separated versions of the mod: lite (no ammo system) and normal (ammo system). the problem 'bout the ammo is that they are not magazines, but single projectiles, so you'll burn through the ammo really fast, are they are a bit expensive too. is there anyone who can fix this? i mean, i like this update (my brother no though), but survival is much harder, and you start without ammo too!

5 silver for 1k ammo is too much? Or 20 steel to craft 500?

You'll only burn through ammo if you don't know how to manage it... I spend about 100 steel per year crafting ammo

The first thing people should do is to pick the weapons carefully. Personaly I love to use 5mm and 7mm NATO weapons because that way I only need to craft 2 ammo types instead of spending steel or silver to have all types of ammo PLUS the area to store all of them.

Second, when equipping a pawn with a weapon change the fire type. In a 12 men colony I usually keep 1 sniper, 2 supressive fire (either using MGs if I have them or using low caliber ammo like .45 or "scrap" ammo, like 7mm soviet which I do not want to have nor craft...) and 3 medium-long range assault troops with weapons like FN-SCAR or M4s, all swt to burst AND aimed shot set. Only the supressive troops have full auto snapshot set. The other 6 colonists are either on hold to rescue anyone when needed or to replace someone low on ammo, which never happened to me unless I really want to get rid if a specific weapon
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

PoppiesMan

Quote from: joaonunes on June 09, 2016, 08:03:34 AM

5 silver for 1k ammo is too much? Or 20 steel to craft 500?

You'll only burn through ammo if you don't know how to manage it... I spend about 100 steel per year crafting ammo

The first thing people should do is to pick the weapons carefully. Personaly I love to use 5mm and 7mm NATO weapons because that way I only need to craft 2 ammo types instead of spending steel or silver to have all types of ammo PLUS the area to store all of them.

Second, when equipping a pawn with a weapon change the fire type. In a 12 men colony I usually keep 1 sniper, 2 supressive fire (either using MGs if I have them or using low caliber ammo like .45 or "scrap" ammo, like 7mm soviet which I do not want to have nor craft...) and 3 medium-long range assault troops with weapons like FN-SCAR or M4s, all swt to burst AND aimed shot set. Only the supressive troops have full auto snapshot set. The other 6 colonists are either on hold to rescue anyone when needed or to replace someone low on ammo, which never happened to me unless I really want to get rid if a specific weapon

they are not that expensive (I haven't really checked the price, I've just started in Alpha 13) but there is a new problem: no steel nor caravans (or trade ships). I mined the map and I've only found 2 veins (for a total of 500 steel). I'm at my 2nd year and, with the comms console fully powered, no trade ship has arrived. I'm almost out of steel (217), but I still have some ammo for my rifle and pistol and the ammo crafting table is 150 steel

Andy_Dandy

I'd call it terrible planning. I modify the mod to increse the cost of ammo myself. Love the mechanic. It really improves the game, and melee weapons are more relevant then ever. I love building myself a huge arsenal of ammo and guns of all types.

Galeenet

I've got a load of logged errors which I found to come from Combat Realism

In output_log :
TraverseParms for null pawn.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

In the log :
http://i.imgur.com/1b2nppW.jpg

I don't care much about the log size, but my game happened to slow down a _lot_ after I had the opportunity to set up a critter farm with 24 military turrets and 4 shredders turrets ( from ED-More Vanilla Turrets) and I've read that CR modifies the AttackTargetFinder method which seems to cause the problem.

CrownBee

I started a log for patches of CR. The link is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lKuwon7S8XBzNHQDeLaiCSJzb0Oqh9eM9EV3ok3DViI/edit?usp=sharing

If you post a patch to CR, please include it in the log, so Skullywag doesn't have to sift through the thread to find the patches.

I only found 3 patches