[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Well Skullywag took over maintenance of this mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg220032#msg220032

But, I'm sure his hands are fully and most likely overflowing right now with his own mods that need updating. So, a fair bit of patience is most likely going to be needed.

Man_Jones

Quote from: skullywag on May 12, 2016, 07:40:11 AM
So as NIA has left Rimworld modding and the modders slack ( :( ) I guess now is the time to state that ill be taking over maintenance of this mod with his blessing, for now, simply because I have a silly amount of mods and a rather large lack of any free time, this will be restricted to alpha updates (and maybe the odd bugfix) only. I wont be adding new features for now.

If anyone out there thinks theyve got the skills to pay the bills and understands where CR should head and wants to take over from me then i would welcome a chat.

CR will live on. Dont worry.
Where and or when should we be ready?

Mythos

Hey there,

I've just installed CR and I can see the new ammo cartridges in EdB PC.
After starting a new game, I'll equip my colonists with the Assault Rifle (I don't know if this one is Vanilla or added by Rimfire [compatibility patch installed]), but I can't equip the needed Ammo for it. (Should be the NATO cartridge for assault rifles)
What am I doing wrong? Now I can't use the assault rifles at all.

EDIT: Still playing on A13, because it's no fun without EdB PC...

I hope you can help me with that.

Best regards,
Mythos

Kashipoi

The assault rifle, which is an m16 uses 5.56×45mm. Are you sure you took the right sort of bullets? There's also 7.62x51mm nato, which doesn't fit if you accidentally took that.

Mythos

I took the 5.56x45 NATO Cartridge (FMJ), but I'm not able to equip it. (Also not possible when I draft the colonist)

EDIT: Also there's no Reload button as it's shown on the 1st page.

Raccoon

Quote from: Mythos on July 17, 2016, 04:21:57 AM
I took the 5.56x45 NATO Cartridge (FMJ), but I'm not able to equip it. (Also not possible when I draft the colonist)

This is a Load Order Bug, i encountered even. You have to do the load order.. restart and than you shoud try it again.

Mythos

Quote from: Raccoon on July 17, 2016, 04:43:46 AM

This is a Load Order Bug, i encountered even. You have to do the load order.. restart and than you shoud try it again.

I've changed the mod order to this:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4419/h4gld2pv_png.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4419/qrgbxoo2_png.htm

Also had Rimfire 2.0 and Rimfire 2.1 for CR 1.6.4 active, because I thought it is just a compatibility patch.

Man_Jones

Quote from: Mythos on July 17, 2016, 05:05:10 AM
Quote from: Raccoon on July 17, 2016, 04:43:46 AM

I've changed the mod order to this:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4419/h4gld2pv_png.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4419/qrgbxoo2_png.htm

Also had Rimfire 2.0 and Rimfire 2.1 for CR 1.6.4 active, because I thought it is just a compatibility patch.
The only issue is that is only for CR 1.6.4 the latest version is 1.6.5. I didn't take a good look at the change logs but I'm presuming it might be different enough to cause issues.

Alistaire

FrankDrebin

Any ETA we see this and Rimfire in Steam workshop? pleeeeease! :)

Chevron664

Quote from: dyl000 on July 15, 2016, 10:26:40 PM
I want to play alpha 14, but i feel like rimworld just wont be the same without combat realism =(

Yeah I'm holding off on playing until it gets updated. 14 is a lot to deal with so I can understand the delay. Keep it up CR guys!

Reviire

Question. How does lighting affect shooting? Does a pawn being in light give them an accuracy buff, or does being in light make them easier to hit? I'd assume the latter, but I'm just not sure.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Diana Winters

Quote from: Reviire on July 22, 2016, 09:08:44 PM
Question. How does lighting affect shooting? Does a pawn being in light give them an accuracy buff, or does being in light make them easier to hit? I'd assume the latter, but I'm just not sure.

Being in light makes it easier to be hit

Reviire

So, I'm having a bit of an issue again. Except this time, I'm trying to disable ammo by deleting the <ammoset> lines in Weapon_Guns.xml, but it causes errors when i try to start a game. That's what the mod author said to do, and apparently I'm the only one who screwed it up, so yea i dunno. Bit of help?

EDIT: Scratch that i didn't figure it out.
EDIT: I managed to get it to work for guns, i found out the issue. Turrets aren't having any of this no ammo stuff though.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Facepunch