[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: Elimenator8970 on December 11, 2016, 03:48:49 PM
Are there any plans to nerf the Extraterrestrial Railgun, or whatever it is that the Scythers sometimes show up with? It feels really cheaty. It's an instant-down/kill gun that works at almost any range, is extremely accurate, pierces armor and only takes 2 seconds to both aim and fire. There's basically no way to defeat it without casualties besides an extremely overwhelming force of melee colonists bum-rushing the Scyther in close quarters, which isn't really feasible when I'm still in early-game and don't have access to personal shields, or even any guns or decent melee weapons other than what I started out with. It's basically the only thing that got me to Alt+F4 on a Permadeath game.

if u got a scyther before u got guns then its cause u didnt manage your wealth. from size of raids to the type of guys is calculated by wealth.

the cardial rule is to never stockpile till u have enough defenses to defend what u own.

ThorsDay

When I try to build advanced mining extractor, a few seconds after the consturction complete the extractor crashes like a roof and an error says there is no support for that building. Am I missing something ? Even tried to build walls around it.

Elimenator8970

Quote from: sidfu on December 13, 2016, 07:43:53 PM
Are there any plans to nerf the Extraterrestrial Railgun, or whatever it is that the Scythers sometimes show up with? It feels really cheaty. It's an instant-down/kill gun that works at almost any range, is extremely accurate, pierces armor and only takes 2 seconds to both aim and fire. There's basically no way to defeat it without casualties besides an extremely overwhelming force of melee colonists bum-rushing the Scyther in close quarters, which isn't really feasible when I'm still in early-game and don't have access to personal shields, or even any guns or decent melee weapons other than what I started out with. It's basically the only thing that got me to Alt+F4 on a Permadeath game.

if u got a scyther before u got guns then its cause u didnt manage your wealth. from size of raids to the type of guys is calculated by wealth.

the cardial rule is to never stockpile till u have enough defenses to defend what u own.

Actually, it wasn't a real 'raid' - it was because someone found an artifact, so I activated it and it threw what was essentially an instakill enemy at me. The thing about the railgun is that it's good at EVERYTHING. It has no weaknesses to exploit - fires in less than 2 seconds after choosing a target, almost always kills or downs in one shot, is insanely accurate and almost always hits, and has really high (I think 90 or 100%?) armor penetration. Literally no real counter to it, and even in late game the only solution is overwhelming force because it pierces whatever power armor you're wearing.

It's just, the ultimate weapon in every way, and if you're not prepared enough it'll slaughter your entire colony. Even worse than a centipede, really - they're inaccurate, and you can actually use cover against them.

Also, the most expensive stuff I had was like, a lot of stone blocks and wood. It was only a few weeks into the game, I hadn't run into anything really good asides from the stuff I gathered from all the ship chunks.

sidfu

Quote from: Elimenator8970 on December 16, 2016, 02:35:43 PM
Quote from: sidfu on December 13, 2016, 07:43:53 PM

Actually, it wasn't a real 'raid' - it was because someone found an artifact, so I activated it and it threw what was essentially an instakill enemy at me. The thing about the railgun is that it's good at EVERYTHING. It has no weaknesses to exploit - fires in less than 2 seconds after choosing a target, almost always kills or downs in one shot, is insanely accurate and almost always hits, and has really high (I think 90 or 100%?) armor penetration. Literally no real counter to it, and even in late game the only solution is overwhelming force because it pierces whatever power armor you're wearing.

It's just, the ultimate weapon in every way, and if you're not prepared enough it'll slaughter your entire colony. Even worse than a centipede, really - they're inaccurate, and you can actually use cover against them.

Also, the most expensive stuff I had was like, a lot of stone blocks and wood. It was only a few weeks into the game, I hadn't run into anything really good asides from the stuff I gathered from all the ship chunks.

yeah artefacts ccan give u scythers even at start. railgun is actualy easy to get around but u have to have late game energy sheilds and battle armor that has nearly 100% protection agaisnt its projectile type.

to much wood and stone can and will bbe the most common thing to throw off your wealth.

what i do is on wood try to not have more than 500 and stone i typicaly only keep 20 for emergency patching.
another thing on stone dont set up a certain ammount to keep like others have it a manualy bill.

what i do is this i always play with console open and when dumb things like a scyther to early happen i just use console to destory them.

RAfikiAegis

Target version set to "Unknown"...? Telling me I have to change the target version...Anyone help..?

sidfu

Quote from: RAfikiAegis on December 18, 2016, 03:00:54 AM
Target version set to "Unknown"...? Telling me I have to change the target version...Anyone help..?

more than likely  u didnt read that the mod is ALPHA 14. go to the steam options for the game u can roll back from a15 to 14

Shad

Is the pack getting upgraded to A15 or are they going to skip straight to A16?

RAfikiAegis

Quote from: sidfu on December 18, 2016, 06:50:01 AM
Quote from: RAfikiAegis on December 18, 2016, 03:00:54 AM

more than likely  u didnt read that the mod is ALPHA 14. go to the steam options for the game u can roll back from a15 to 14

Im using A14e

legendary

Quote from: Shad on December 18, 2016, 11:10:13 AM

It's not gonna happen. HSK is to big to be upgraded along with latest RW versions. Ant if they develop with such speed as it is now - it will be abandoned. Do not put any single hope in HSK, do your search, craft your mods and play. HSK will eventually die.
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

sidfu

Quote from: legendary on December 18, 2016, 03:18:16 PM
Quote from: Shad on December 18, 2016, 11:10:13 AM

It's not gonna happen. HSK is to big to be upgraded along with latest RW versions. Ant if they develop with such speed as it is now - it will be abandoned. Do not put any single hope in HSK, do your search, craft your mods and play. HSK will eventually die.

wrong right now he has already said the only thing they waiting on is the community thing to upgrade to a 15. the mod pack isn't even close to being dead as before the Christmas it was being updated at least once a day sometimes more.
the HSK has always been at least one behind official

Zakhad

Hardcore SK is bottlenecked by CCL, and since that's still alpha 14, HSK will remain alpha 14. and alpha 16 really won't be happening anytime soon, if it takes anywhere nearly as long as it has for the transition from alpha 14 to 15 for alpha 15 to 16 for CCL :s It's not like sky isn't doing anything to assume that the modpack is dying.

Just look at the combat realism update to alpha 16 :S https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism/commits/a16_update (Granted it doesn't work - at least in my case, I tried it yesterday.) He's putting in so much effort for a mod that isn't even his to begin with just so he can carry on with HKS, that's dedication.

sinister

can someone shortly describe the biggest changes in sk compare to a15?
i can not decide between a16 or sk pack.

my last a15 colony is after 5 years unplayable thanks to fps laggs

edit: i will try it out
any recommendation for map size so i dont run into lategame performance problems?

Lerin

SK is pretty immersive, i migrate from 15,16 to 14SK

About changes: Drugs, few technical changes, gameplay wont change too much. I miss only a few mods from 15.

skyarkhangel

i'am already working on porting to a16, but it takes time. Some of people think that such a huge project can't be updated. Its not true, hardcore sk have "cluster structure" main library and whole project. Most of parts  can be removed if needed or converted into another and for minimal start in a14 require only activate core-CCL-combat realism-core_sk. In a16 - without CCL.

RAfikiAegis

Fo'real though in the debug log it states that HSK was formatted for unknown version. How do I fix this...?