[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 16, 2014, 03:26:29 AM
Existing F.Shields should be deconstructed before update ED?
Have not tested it, probably best to do it to be on the safe side. You can always test it and roll back the changes if it crashes.

Also, I have some EMRG-miniguns, they just will not spawn on mechs anymore, or you changed something related to being "handheld"?
So, should I delete them before update?
I think it will be fine, I just removed one of the tags that allowed them to spawn on mechanoids, but again have not tested upgrading.

Another also - SIF shield still let some bullets go through, damaging not only embrasure it covers, but even turret behind embrasure. And with door being damagable before shield drops it leads to, well, bad end.
Strange I will look into that when I have the time.

Quote from: Reysuke on November 16, 2014, 04:31:05 AM

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 16, 2014, 01:44:28 AM
-Droppod will not activate undercover
Wat? /my engrish fails me/

You could start your Deepstrike Pods under Roof Areas and kill your ppl. He fixed it i think
That's the plan. I will give you a warning if the drop point is covered. Not 100% certain what will happen if you have only that uncovered and everywhere else covered. The fortress shield can still kill them.
[/quote]

Quote from: Reysuke on November 16, 2014, 04:31:05 AM
I get Error all over the place and my farmer wont plant stuff on fields :/ did i do something wrong?
They will plant everything that wasnt changed by your plant24h mod. Everything else they just "Stand" on the field and do nothing until they get hungry or sleepy
Please read the FAQ on the first post. If that does not help you fix it then post a github issue and I will look into it.

Kulverstukass

Well, for testing reasons, updated .7 to .8 w/o deconstructing Fort Shields, and you know, when there was not ehough place for new size - they disappear, even deleted one wall section /pic1/ (tried to fit?), and if there was enough place, it just updates them /pic2/.
Not much of a silver waste, just some fitting 2x2 sort-of-troubles.
EMRG miniguns looks fine, and farmers didn't tested 24h growing as they have solar flare situation.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Reysuke

Sweet Update!
But can you make that 24h growing module compatibel with the Herbs from Apothecarius? So the Herbs also grow 24H with enough light :)
Would be awesome :)

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 17, 2014, 12:54:48 AM
Well, for testing reasons, updated .7 to .8 w/o deconstructing Fort Shields, and you know, when there was not ehough place for new size - they disappear, even deleted one wall section /pic1/ (tried to fit?), and if there was enough place, it just updates them /pic2/.
Not much of a silver waste, just some fitting 2x2 sort-of-troubles.
EMRG miniguns looks fine, and farmers didn't tested 24h growing as they have solar flare situation.

Thanks for letting me know.

Quote from: Reysuke on November 17, 2014, 03:29:21 PM
Sweet Update!
But can you make that 24h growing module compatibel with the Herbs from Apothecarius? So the Herbs also grow 24H with enough light :)

Glad you like it.

Probably not as that would require me to copy the plant definitions and then keep them uptodate with Apothecarius.

Although it is a fairly easy change for you todo.

1. Make certain that Apothecarius is loaded some time after ED-Core
2. change the thingClass of the plants in xml to be <thingClass>Enhanced_Defence.Plants24H.Plant</thingClass> (probably only a base plant)

That should be all you have to do, test it and let me know how it goes.

eatKenny

While testing my own turret mod(using your dll for ammo consuming turrets) I found ammo issue: after load a saved game the turrets will reset it's internal ammo to default, not where you left it.

Jaxxa

Quote from: eatKenny on November 17, 2014, 07:43:29 PM
While testing my own turret mod(using your dll for ammo consuming turrets) I found ammo issue: after load a saved game the turrets will reset it's internal ammo to default, not where you left it.
Strange, Thanks for letting me know. I will look into that.

Reysuke

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 17, 2014, 05:11:06 PM
Sweet Update!

Glad you like it.

Probably not as that would require me to copy the plant definitions and then keep them uptodate with Apothecarius.

2. change the thingClass of the plants in xml to be <thingClass>Enhanced_Defence.Plants24H.Plant</thingClass> (probably only a base plant)

You are the Best! Working perfect! Thanks!

Jaxxa

Quote from: Reysuke on November 17, 2014, 09:43:29 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on November 17, 2014, 05:11:06 PM
Sweet Update!

Glad you like it.

You are the Best! Working perfect! Thanks!

Awesome, Glad it worked and you are enjoying it.
Thanks for letting me know it worked, I will update onto the wiki at some stage.

eatKenny

oh and another small thing, the "connected rate" from a ammo feeding turret shows a odd number, i'm ok with it, some may not :o

Kulverstukass

Does Fort shield affect Mechanoid's droppods?
They've just landed on my trading pad, near on top of Fort shield with Intercepting option on.
It worked just fine, when previously raiders tried same.

Actually, after my post Mechs tries that again, and got exploded, with no survivors. Weird, as it's 100% that it was powered and turned ON at their previous try.

Vas

The Plant24 hour one breaks the game, won't let me plant things anymore.  Huge string of red errors.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Jaxxa

Quote from: eatKenny on November 18, 2014, 05:18:18 AM
oh and another small thing, the "connected rate" from a ammo feeding turret shows a odd number, i'm ok with it, some may not :o

What number is shown when selecting other ammo turrets? does it always show the same?
What number is shown on stock power using objects?

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 04:32:23 AM
The Plant24 hour one breaks the game, won't let me plant things anymore.  Huge string of red errors.

Please read the FAQ linked from the first post.

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 21, 2014, 02:42:18 AM
Does Fort shield affect Mechanoid's droppods?
They've just landed on my trading pad, near on top of Fort shield with Intercepting option on.
It worked just fine, when previously raiders tried same.

Actually, after my post Mechs tries that again, and got exploded, with no survivors. Weird, as it's 100% that it was powered and turned ON at their previous try.

Strange, did they come down in droppods or do they just spawn?

Vas

Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Vas on November 23, 2014, 01:42:54 AM
I don't understand, you're telling us to mod our own game core files?

https://github.com/jaxxa/RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence/wiki/EPE-24h-Plants

Yeah, that was not easy to understand, I just updated that page to make it a bit easier.

Don't edit the Core game files, if you want to change them copy it into a new mod and edit it there.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 22, 2014, 10:41:31 PM
Strange, did they come down in droppods or do they just spawn?
Yep, landed right near shield and trading beacons, i've checked shield settings and everything was adjusted right. I'm also seen trading droppods goes through, with Intercepting on, but rarely.
Maybe there is some sort of "checkpoint" of this mechanics, that require spawn droppods normally (after loading game) and only after that it start working, which leads to first droppods lands freely regardless of settings?
Also, is i'm understand it right, that Intercepting feature annihilates droppods at moment their spawn, not even shadow of a landing droppod should be seen?