No
A bit
We should remove this now, I hate it
We should move this into the mod help area

mew_the_pinkmin

Quote from: Nitro1248 on February 03, 2016, 03:52:02 AM
HELP
What do i do with a .rar?

you have to get a program like winrar or 7zip(recommendation) to extract it before putting it in your mod folder
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

skice

HELP, for me the "work" panel doesn't work, it says "def-linked translation error... what is wrong ?

Iwillbenicetou

You have to download .7Zip for Windows, or get the unarchiver for mac. Look at the 7Zip help in the first post ;)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Iwillbenicetou

NoImageAvailable

The information is now contained in the general FAQ thread. I unpinned this one because while your writeup is very helpful by itself, I feel it is better to keep these things in one centralized thread instead of having dozens of small threads explaining how to install mods, how to report bugs, etc.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 04, 2016, 03:59:01 PM
The information is now contained in the general FAQ thread. I unpinned this one because while your writeup is very helpful by itself, I feel it is better to keep these things in one centralized thread instead of having dozens of small threads explaining how to install mods, how to report bugs, etc.
This was the centralized thread, approved by Tynan himself to be pinned. Can you at least link this more popular thread in your new thread? I still don't get why you need to unpin this.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on April 04, 2016, 04:01:26 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 04, 2016, 03:59:01 PM
This was the centralized thread, approved by Tynan himself to be pinned. Can you at least link this more popular thread in your new thread? I still don't get why you need to unpin this.

Like I said, there is now a centralized FAQ thread which contains instructions on how to install mods, update them, report issues and which will be expanded in the future as needed. It is not meant as a personal attack against you or this guide, it is simply easier both for me and any mod users to have one centralized thread containing all the relevant information rather than having it split up over multiple threads.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Iwillbenicetou

Edited it a lot, to make it a lot more visually appearing. Too bad Noimageavailable unpinned my topic just to get a more "centralized" topic with basically the same info, but worded differently. Just trying to get attention as mod :'(

Iwillbenicetou

Completely new look! I edited it loads, and made it a lot better. Hope you like the new look, and add a comment for what to change!

DoctorDarren

So I install the mod and load it in the mods menu in game. But when I get to choose my starting colonists there is no Prepare Carefully button.

Edit: Ok now the Prepare Carefully button appears but clicking it does nothing and the Start button does nothing now as well.

Please Help!

wayward vagabond

what do i do if i download a mod and it comes out as a .rar file, how would i go about installing that  :P
adolf pimpler

Jaxxa

.rar is just another type of compressed file like .zip

You will need to extract it.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: wayward vagabond on April 16, 2016, 04:14:55 AM
what do i do if i download a mod and it comes out as a .rar file, how would i go about installing that  :P
Download 7Zip to expand the file. If you don't get 7z, look at my help section.

Quote from: DoctorDarren on April 12, 2016, 02:01:01 PM
So I install the mod and load it in the mods menu in game. But when I get to choose my starting colonists there is no Prepare Carefully button.

Edit: Ok now the Prepare Carefully button appears but clicking it does nothing and the Start button does nothing now as well.

Please Help!
Are you using an old version of Prepare Carefully? I suspect so, as it has not come out for Alpha 13 yet. Make sure it's up to date, and then comment back here.

ShellShock220

Hey i was wondering if you knew how to download the .rar mod files?

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: ShellShock220 on April 22, 2016, 05:32:21 PM
Hey i was wondering if you knew how to download the .rar mod files?
Is it not working? It should download like any other installation. Just click on the installation link.