Do you think this is helpful?

Yes
No
A bit
We should remove this now, I hate it
We should move this into the mod help area

Goldsmyths

Mod manager sounds like a good idea...
Like being able to pick which item is going to be added in-game.

C. Fenderson

Quote from: Goldsmyths on September 27, 2014, 03:27:45 AM
Mod manager sounds like a good idea...
Like being able to pick which item is going to be added in-game.
It does.  But now it's kind of up to how nice mod makers want to be.  I have mine set up in kind of 'chunks', which can be removed by whoever wants to.  Although, mine's still kinda small, so it wouldn't be a good idea to remove those chunks :P

jacksonap

Where can i go to get the software required to download and play the mods? I'm really paranoid about which websites to go to for software that i need that is free too  :'(

Jaxxa

You should be ably to just download them through your web browser as you would any other file, I use Chrome or Firefox.

I use 7zip on windows to extract the files, although you should just be able to use whatever you extracted the base game with.

http://www.7-zip.org/

daft73

7-zip , or  Winrar work fine for this.

Iwillbenicetou

And on Macs use The Unarchiver!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AntiMatter

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 19, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
Alpha 7 is pretty much the same as Alpha 6!

do you have a lawyer to back that up? o.O

(jk :P)

I hope it is. i just downloaded it and moved most of my mods to it so I�m testing it now... hopefully it's good...

if not.... heads are gonna roll...

EDIT: ok so iron weed, clutter, more turrets and glassworks all don't work... they were my main mods... lol
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Justin C

Quote from: AntiMatter on October 04, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

I hope it is. i just downloaded it and moved most of my mods to it so I�m testing it now... hopefully it's good...

EDIT: ok so iron weed, clutter, more turrets and glassworks all don't work... they were my main mods... lol
Mods will almost never work from one version to the next. You will have to wait for the mod creators to update them and then get the new versions.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: AntiMatter on October 04, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

Oh, sorry to confuse, but I meant how to download mods is pretty much the same. You have to wait until there is confirmed update for the mod to work.

JuliaEllie

Due to recent events I would like to suggest another point:

"Always restart your game after changing your mods or if you want to start/load another colony"

Jaxxa

Also it could be good to have an explanation on how the load order works.
And where the log files are so you don't have people taking screenshots of the console to report an error.

skullywag

I always close my game and restart after even touching the "mods" button. Never had problems doing it that way.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Iwillbenicetou

Ok, I edited a bit, made a bit more sense in some points, and highlighted a few things. I hope you enjoy.

Iwillbenicetou

MOAR EDITS! I added Edb's mod order as a suggestion. Please give me some feedback.

AntiMatter

maybe you should repharse your title but it does do what it says on the tin i guess...

what i mean is i thought this topic would shed some light into why one of my alpha 7 mods wouldn't work with my alpha 8 install...

oh well i might as well look up "tech info" lol
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman