[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DariusWolfe

Quote from: dodger0788 on July 05, 2017, 04:04:05 PM
Im not wntirely sure if this is just my game but when I use this mod and the zombieland mod the models for the babies show up instead of the zombie models so I end up with a horde of bloodthirsty canabalistic babies who will infect you and turn you into a baby.

I wheeze-laughed. This is a hilarious incompatibility/bug.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Thirite on June 30, 2017, 03:52:52 AM
@Tenshi~Akari
Sorry, I couldn't investigate the drawing error you refer to. Perhaps I'll be able to have a look tomorrow

Don't worry about it. I finally figured out it wasn't even this mod so much as there was a missing a texture file for a hat I was testing. The game stopped throwing up as soon as I fixed it, so it's all good.  ;)

Although there is something else I have to note. Ever since I started my recent colony, there has been no sign of the name faction/colony dialog box, and 3 seasons have already passed. I had to dev mode that info in, but this didn't seem to be an issue until prior testing this. Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not... or perhaps, now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably because the last faction I made was set to Tribal, this current one is actually New Arrivals, if that matters. (Not sure if it's Vanilla bug or not, but going to see if that's the case when I start up in a few.)

Rimrue

Seconded on the zombabies. Hilarious!

Tenshi-Akari, that is a known vanilla bug. :/

sidfu

the no name colonly is a base game issue. u can enable dev and force a name of faction and colony without any issues.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: sidfu on July 05, 2017, 09:12:49 PM
the no name colonly is a base game issue. u can enable dev and force a name of faction and colony without any issues.
Yup this has to do with they unopened crypts or whatchamacallits, simply opening that with dev mode and deleting the enemies works as well, also leaves you with loot you can choose to keep or destroy you don't have to mess with the crypto sleep pods either so you can keep those in and seal it back up with God mode for a "almost" normal discovery. This will also stop "Friendlies" from enetering
Claims to know most things.

Tenshi~Akari

Ok then, it must be with just the "New Arrivals" faction setting that bug happens with, because it works just fine for me on "Tribal". Even tested on a new game, and lo & behold, colonist made the suggestion. Either that, or my map roll was fortunate enough to not add in sleep pods...

Thanks for the notice on that bug, everyone!  :D

Thirite

Is anyone experiencing unlimited pregnancy with the newest update (for humans, anyways)? I'd be glad to know if this thorn in my side is finally gone or not.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Thirite on July 07, 2017, 12:21:21 AM
Is anyone experiencing unlimited pregnancy with the newest update (for humans, anyways)? I'd be glad to know if this thorn in my side is finally gone or not.

Personally since I've been using the mod, I think since it was released? I've never once had this bug. So that makes me wonder what people were doing or mod they had installed.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

SpaceDorf

I have not .. one single cute little jelly bean is all I got after my first pawn gave birth

QuoteI'm also working on cribs, growth vats, possibility for in utero deformities from incest/drugs/alcohol use, and mood modifiers for parents and child. eg: extreme negative moodlet for baby death, negative moodlet on late term abortion, etc. Suggestions and ideas more than welcome as long as you're not a moral guardian, though I should note a few things I've already found to be true:

I am a father of three, so I have some experience in what I am talking about, and I am no moral guardian.
And since I am a late joiner of the party, I rather would not read through 25 prior pages and just add my 2cents right here :

Baby and Toddler clothing should be on your priority list. Little peanut just lost a toe to hypothermia. ( Which was totally my fault because I messed up my heating system )
But I approve that you allready fixed the comfortable temperatures of babys to a smaller range than adults or children.

The things I would like to see would be an additional Parenting/Child Care Worktype ( yes I know this may break savegames ) which would include feeding, dressing, caring, entertaining, teaching etc.
I guess making it really relations dependant could be a real bitch, so the general worktype would at least enable you to designate a Child Nurse, Kindergardener or however you want to name the child-healthcare-professional ..

Also Babys/Children should have some cutie-aura that affects adults in their radius.

Another thing parental thing I thought of would really be bound to blood relations :
Combat and Mood modifiers. Gave Birth bonus, became a daddy bonus ..
( funny enough both pregnancies were followed by a quick marriage afterwards :) )
defending the children / wife / family ..
( pirates nearly sacked the colony until they tried to take away sigourneys baby )
which could also be expanded to animals ..
( would you rather fight the big grumpy bear or the wild boar followed by piglets ? )

The smallest thing would be 2 additional traits : Likes Children / Does not like Children .. which give additional mood modifiers when being around children. In extreme this could expand to animal babies as well .. look at the cute cat baby .. look at it ..
-- yeah it will taste great with mashed potatoes.

------

And a question for last :

I have the mod running with Misc. Robots and Robots++ so far and not noticed any problems ( except some problems with animal handling, which I am trying to resolve at the moments )
What are the known breaking problems between the both of them, or is it a dated issue ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Challengingreality

So, if you use this mod with Zombies! you'll get the disturbing image of lots and lots of zombie babies.  Not really a glitch persay, but an interesting gameplay experience.

henk

Guys, how to add a trait from custom mod to genetic traits pool, or how it's called? (So child can inherit it from parents, if they have it, and with low chance - randomly)
I'm using star wars mod, and force sensitive trait doesn't seem to inherit, although both of parents have it. Beside that, i think, there might be a problem for a game to determine that trait properly, even if added to pool, because when progressing, it replaces with another one - jedi, or sith, etc. It will be funny, if a newborn will already be a Sith lord, lol.

HunterAlpha1

For some reason I don't see the "writing desk" item in the production menu.  Bug?

HunterAlpha1