[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Kadrush

Guys, I could use a hand as it seems i really suck playing with this mod. I can only play with phoebe, the other storytellers just keep fu**** my colony and i dont play well (seems) to rebuild nicely.

1- I need an early game option for medicine, getting paraffin to make medicine is to high tech for me. I tried mushroom tincture, but took a while, which exposed me.
2- I need an option to defend against mechanoids, that laser weapons of them is to precise and my colonists just keep burning to death or loosing limbs.
3- I need an option for turret, as animals and insects keep smashing my doors to invade my base, i weak turret probably can do the jop.
4- I need a good option for early game heating. Coal burners, as the name says, work only with coal which is hard to find (they dont work with charcoal) and the campfire lasts only for a day, which demands a lot of micro.
5- anyway, i guess i could use a tutorial at all.

Tivec

I have a hydroponic basin in a room. The room is brightly lit by a sun lamp, and is heated up to 21C stable. Potato plants are growing at 170% in these basins, yet they still die off as if affected by the outside temperature (6C, but toxic fallout). Any suggestions?

Here's the room: http://i.imgur.com/Y16oHxG.png

Grogfeld

Quote from: Tivec on March 24, 2016, 01:10:20 PM
I have a hydroponic basin in a room. The room is brightly lit by a sun lamp, and is heated up to 21C stable. Potato plants are growing at 170% in these basins, yet they still die off as if affected by the outside temperature (6C, but toxic fallout). Any suggestions?

It looks like you have no roof, strangely looking basin construction blueprints with rain, or fallout rendering on them. Probably not the case because you said that temp and light is ok but maybe check it out.  Or problems with power?

I've triggered fallout event (toxic and radiation) on my game, it's ver 2.5 Cataclysm, and basins work fine, no crop damage. Could it happen because pawns walk in and out of the building?

sidfu

was about to restart and use the newest on git so decided to see which is tougher dev console exposions ore the termanators. so drop a term down and took around 2 emp blasts,2 lighteing strikes and 20 explosions from dev console to kill 1 terminator.

next was 6 colonist with various projectile weapons from shotguns assault rifles and pistols. armor was leather and below. ofcouse 1 term killed them all 1 shotted them

Edgewise

Quote from: sidfu on March 24, 2016, 09:12:48 PM
was about to restart and use the newest on git so decided to see which is tougher dev console exposions ore the termanators. so drop a term down and took around 2 emp blasts,2 lighteing strikes and 20 explosions from dev console to kill 1 terminator.

next was 6 colonist with various projectile weapons from shotguns assault rifles and pistols. armor was leather and below. ofcouse 1 term killed them all 1 shotted them

If it's just 1, it's usually very easy to kill with 1-2 colonists with pistols as you can focus on/outsmart it.  The problem comes when there are a bunch of them. Enriched Uranium as a destructive trap might work on them, have not tried that yet.  It works on just about everything. :P  I realized this when a 'guest' decided to drop some and it killed everything that came within 3 spaces of it and a few things that were at 4 spaces.

Also, marine suit, marine shirt, and a few other recipes indicate you do not have the resources to make them when you do.  Several glove/shoes recipes get bugged when you start making them, trying to make them from the wrong material and never completing.  Leather gloves and stabilizer gloves, shoes, and a couple others I have seen. 

Blazer has heavy negatives and not much benefit for the amount of material that goes into the recipe.  It has a very big negative to move and work speed, very mediocre protection stats... There is nothing it does well to offset this.  No social bonus or anything like that, I think it should be adjusted to be more balanced with other similar clothing items.

Professional cooking stove has a very limited number of recipes.  I think you should be able to cook a hamburger here for example.

Dried fruits are 1 to 1 about 7x more valuable, 21x more nutritious, and 10x more joyful than non-dried fruits.  10 low value fruits (around 21 silver) + 25 work = 10 dried fruits (140 silver)  is afaik the 2nd most efficient and least difficult way to make a huge chunk of silver, or just feed a large colony with almost no work or land required.  Maybe change dried fruits into 2 resources, 1 as an ingredient and one as a meal made from 5-10 units of dried fruits.  Atm it's a really powerful 1 ingredient self contained meal.

Shallow moats I would think should be a terrain type.  Atm they are a defensive structure that takes damage from earthquakes.

roy2x

Quote from: Kadrush on March 24, 2016, 11:11:00 AM
Guys, I could use a hand as it seems i really suck playing with this mod. I can only play with phoebe, the other storytellers just keep fu**** my colony and i dont play well (seems) to rebuild nicely.

1- I need an early game option for medicine, getting paraffin to make medicine is to high tech for me. I tried mushroom tincture, but took a while, which exposed me.
For me I hardly use any medicine. I just make sure I get a clean room as early as possible with a simple bed thats made out of iguana/lacsodile hide and later on stylish beds made out of silver to deal with infections. You can do medical operations with antibiotics.

Edgewise

Quote from: roy2x on March 24, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
Quote from: Kadrush on March 24, 2016, 11:11:00 AM

For me I hardly use any medicine. I just make sure I get a clean room as early as possible with a simple bed thats made out of iguana/lacsodile hide and later on stylish beds made out of silver to deal with infections. You can do medical operations with antibiotics.

Also, if you can make tinctures then you have gleamcaps, which work well enough by themselves.  Honestly, I do make them into tinctures once I have a stupid surplus of them, but for a long looooong time I just use, as was recommended above, a clean room with a good quality med treatment/immunity gain material and gleamcap stems.  That alone is 100% adequate.  You just need the good stuff if you want your colonists to go from deaths door to not a scratch in just a few hours.

Jorlem

Mrshilka

Quote from: Jorlem on March 25, 2016, 02:23:50 AM
You need medicine to do operations though, don't you?

Gleamcaps work for medical operations, Basicly the only reason you need better medicine early on is to counter badly skilled doctors but most of all to build immunity quicker when you get stuff like malaria, you can counter this by making your early medical beds out of Tortoise or Feathered Raptor leather.
Late game ignore medical beds, use pod beds made from silver for some of the best medical care.
(changed it in my game so Medical beds can be made from silver thus placing the advanced medical bed back to top dog.)

Mrshilka

Hello SK mod team!.

I have discovered a new bug\omission where the norbal race cannot receive cybernetic organs, Both humans and narns can but not norbals.
The max they seem to be able to receive in advanced bionic and Synthetic.

Tivec

Quote from: Grogfeld on March 24, 2016, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: Tivec on March 24, 2016, 01:10:20 PM

It looks like you have no roof, strangely looking basin construction blueprints with rain, or fallout rendering on them. Probably not the case because you said that temp and light is ok but maybe check it out.  Or problems with power?

I've triggered fallout event (toxic and radiation) on my game, it's ver 2.5 Cataclysm, and basins work fine, no crop damage. Could it happen because pawns walk in and out of the building?

I think it might have been because of a poison ship I had missed in the region. None the less, my colony ended fairly quickly after fixing the issue when one of my starving troopers decided to go berserk. In the oil room. Let's just say it was painful.

Tivec

I posted this on the issue tracker, but I figure it might be something that could be discussed here as well.

The seeds requirement is a great thing, but *really* hard to work with unless the traders you get bring the seeds you need. That said, once you have them, there is one thing I'd like to change.

At the moment, it is not intuitive which kind of soil is needed for a specific plant. Research screen is not helpful either since it says "can be planted in soil", just not what kind. It would be a great improvement if the seed description were to include the type of soil it needs. For example:

Peach Seeds can be sown in soil to grow Peach Trees, which produces Peaches.

changed to:

Peach Seeds can be sown in rich soil to grow Peach Trees, which produces Peaches.

Edgewise

Quote from: Tivec on March 25, 2016, 05:57:45 AM
I posted this on the issue tracker, but I figure it might be something that could be discussed here as well.

The seeds requirement is a great thing, but *really* hard to work with unless the traders you get bring the seeds you need. That said, once you have them, there is one thing I'd like to change.

At the moment, it is not intuitive which kind of soil is needed for a specific plant. Research screen is not helpful either since it says "can be planted in soil", just not what kind. It would be a great improvement if the seed description were to include the type of soil it needs. For example:

Peach Seeds can be sown in soil to grow Peach Trees, which produces Peaches.

changed to:

Peach Seeds can be sown in rich soil to grow Peach Trees, which produces Peaches.

It's in the fertility rating of the soil and fertility requirement of the seeds iirc.   I'm not sure it works that way in this mod but I will double check that shortly.  Yea, it does say this, but only -after- you plant them. Doh.

Edgewise

Heavy statis signals... just there to mess with people with epilepsy?  I'm just unsure what this is all about.

kj16609

Hey I'm having a HUGE problem when I load a save for this mod pack I seem to get an error
and it makes my game unplayable
I took a picture of my error report here
(attached)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]