[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Quote from: Anduin1357 on January 03, 2015, 08:46:11 PM
Quote from: alphalol on January 03, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
Thought you should know that you forgot to disable some debugging in ED-Plants24h and it's murdering the game's output log:
It will not only murder the log, it *WILL* lag your game and eventually crash you if the log gets too large.
Is this still happening with the latest version? I though I fixed it.

Quote from: Igabod on January 03, 2015, 07:59:51 AM
This new Stargate system changes the whole game! Now there is even more continuity for my colony after I get it to a point where everything is on autopilot and there are tons of idle people running around. You could basically expand your colony to cover an entire portion of the world map with this. I really think this deserves it's own mod with a separate thread and it's own listing on the mod list so it can be noticed easier.

Thanks glad you like it.

Anduin1357, thanks for all of the ideas. I cant respond to all of them right now, but I will be looking over them for ideas when I make additions.

Dreid

Dreid

Thank you very much just been trying it all our in God mode very cool!

Coenmcj

I'm so gutted right now...

I had Just updated ED to 0.12 and started a new colony, I'm atleast 2 hours in already and then you go and release Stargates?

Jaxxa, why do you have to be so awesome. :/
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

seadderkrupp

Followed the instructions for the stargate - put resources into it and colonists then dialled out but nothing happened. Saved the game and started on a new world - when i try to place the "free" strgate nothing happens it does not build or even let me place it? Do i have to use the same world that the stargate is on?

Anduin1357

You can place the free stargate and you *MUST* activate it for use.
If you have 2 instances of the game, the mod breaks.
Dial in to retrieve everyone and everything in that buffer.
Placing a stargate is like placing a designated sleeping spot, no need to work on it, no materials needed.

seadderkrupp

the problem i have is that the Stargate will not place - can select and get the image to lay down and place it anywhere like any other item but that is as far as it goes.

Anduin1357

seadderkrupp

Ground is flat and even cleared trees etc out the way just in case. Just checked the error logs and am getting an error about the offworld gate not being found.
could not find typenamed Enhanced_defence.Stargate.building_offworldStargate.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: seadderkrupp on January 04, 2015, 12:33:56 PM
Ground is flat and even cleared trees etc out the way just in case. Just checked the error logs and am getting an error about the offworld gate not being found.
could not find typenamed Enhanced_defence.Stargate.building_offworldStargate.
Did you deactivate the mod? If not, it may be a problem with the files.
I also love this mod because of the Stargate. Though I have one question, does it continually send resources/pawns when they are placed in the buffer?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

BinaryBlackhole

Love most of the mod but there's  a problem wit the embrasures and omnigel with the embrasures I made a kill box but the enemy just heads straight for the door instead of fighting.
With the 3rd tier of matter replicator all the prices go crazy it would be cheaper to make silver than buy the gold or uranium and sometimes even plastasteel. The medicine fortunately seems balanced. Disassembling a Centipede gives 50 plastasteel and some metal its a easier way to get plastasteel than getting 1875 omnigel.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on January 04, 2015, 03:33:33 PM
Love most of the mod but there's  a problem wit the embrasures and omnigel with the embrasures I made a kill box but the enemy just heads straight for the door instead of fighting.
With the 3rd tier of matter replicator all the prices go crazy it would be cheaper to make silver than buy the gold or uranium and sometimes even plastasteel. The medicine fortunately seems balanced. Disassembling a Centipede gives 50 plastasteel and some metal its a easier way to get plastasteel than getting 1875 omnigel.
You can change it in the files ;D. Go to: Mods>ED-OmniGel>Defs>RecipeDefs>Recipes_OmniGel.xml, then scroll down to the plasteel and change it from 75 to 25 or something. ;D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

seadderkrupp

Have deactivated, reactivated and even made sure the filepath etc are in the mod. Still does not work -so will give this paticular one a miss even though would liked to have started a new colony with favourite characters. Also noticed an issue if you accidently dial in on the stargate that i end up with multiple copies of the same colonist. That is the one i researched and built - i put a colonist in to test and the dissapeared/stored in the buffer but this time dialed in see what if anything would happen.

BinaryBlackhole

found it but cant seem to edit the code.