Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

More joy activities/stations, as well as my previous post, animations for them such as the one for horseshoes.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Umakor

Priority to hauling food instead of what's closest to the colonist.

Avis

Hunters haul animal corpses, that they didn't kill.
(hauling animal corpses is = priority for hunters as hunting itself)
Would save me a lot of forcing them to go out into the rain and pick up animals that died in the crossfire of them hunting.
Also, once a hunter shot another hunter's leg clean off.
I've found work around for it but perhaps make an option to make people stay out of other hunter's range when they are hunting.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Jorlem

Quote from: Avsnoopy on June 14, 2015, 01:24:13 PM
Hunters haul animal corpses, that they didn't kill.
(hauling animal corpses is = priority for hunters as hunting itself)
Would save me a lot of forcing them to go out into the rain and pick up animals that died in the crossfire of them hunting.
Also, once a hunter shot another hunter's leg clean off.
I've found work around for it but perhaps make an option to make people stay out of other hunter's range when they are hunting.
On a related subject, animals that are marked for hunting should not forbidden if the die later.  For example, if an animal is wounded by a hunter, and later bleeds to death, the corpse is forbidden.  This often happens if a hunter incapacitates an animal, but doesn't finish it off.

On a different note, could thunderstorms reduce outside lighting?  It is rather odd to see my solar panels working at full capacity while it is pouring rain.

MrWiggles

A new job!

A Nurse!
So when I get an influx of flu, I can victims be feed without also being operated on by no skill doctors.

Tynan

Quote from: Jorlem on May 28, 2015, 07:39:51 PM
I'd like a Random button for choosing a landing site when starting a new colony.

I like that!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Quote from: akiceabear on May 31, 2015, 04:09:51 AM
Manual priorities start all as level 3, rather than 4. This makes it easier to deprioritize one or two tasks, rather than increase all others, when starting a new game.

I like that one too.

Tynan

Quote from: Jorlem on June 02, 2015, 04:33:13 AM
Animals marked for hunting should always be allowed for hauling upon death.  Quite frequently my hunters will wound some animal, but not outright kill it, so it dies of blood loss some time later.  When that happens, the corpse is marked as forbidden for interaction, so it just sits there and rots away, unless I manually unforbid it so a hauler can take it to my freezer.

Very smart! Weird that I never thought of it from a designation-focused POV.

Jimyoda

It's a shame that colonists are working so hard improving their skill(s) and it happens silently, with no recognition or notice. Whenever a colonist increases in skill level let there be a little (or big and flourishing) sound effect and/or a message that appears in the top message area.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Tynan

Quote from: Jimyoda on June 15, 2015, 12:34:27 AM
It's a shame that colonists are working so hard improving their skill(s) and it happens silently, with no recognition or notice. Whenever a colonist increases in skill level let there be a little (or big and flourishing) sound effect and/or a message that appears in the top message area.

I removed that long ago because it was spammy, but maybe I could re-add it since leveling up is much rarer now. I'm still afraid it might be a bit spammy, though. Most players don't really care, and if they do they can just check periodically.

akiceabear

Quote from: Tynan on June 15, 2015, 12:37:07 AM
I removed that long ago because it was spammy, but maybe I could re-add it since leveling up is much rarer now. I'm still afraid it might be a bit spammy, though. Most players don't really care, and if they do they can just check periodically.

Maybe just at thresholds like 5/10/15/20? I like the general idea, but every level does seem like too much.

Dakkanor

Probably been put in here before, but a research which reduces effect/frequency of solar flare, blight and the power shortage
for slightly less cheapness the ability to build special structures which protect against those events but need a resource to work. i.e a surgebox which stops the power discharge but every power surge blows a fuse(or several fuses depending on the amount of power in the network) the fuses could be made with silver and steel. you're literally paying money to not have things go boom :)

- editing so i don't spam

Global commands.
for example, un/forbid all things. or un/forbid all corpses. un/forbid everything outside X zone.....
just to speed up the clean up process etc

picollo

What about adding shelf? It would be for example 2x1 building, looking like weapon shelf (or whatever is it named), and it would work like storage zone, but it would double storage capacity (i.e. 20 meals per space instead of 10).
Of course number could be tweaked (maybe slightly increased), but idea behind this is, that storage spots where all  the stuff is placed on the ground looks bad. It would improve how base looks, and could help save some space.

hroscy

I would reall apreciate if there were some latrines for the castaways to use them as they eat a sack of potatoes every day.  Number one and two latrine function ;)

Alistaire

Make it so the weapons you get from the drop pod aren't hardcoded (Survival Rifle, Pistol, Plasteel Knife) but customizable through XML
by adding <weaponTags> such as "startingRifle", "startingPistol" and "startingMelee" on the vanilla weapons and searching through the
thingDefs with those <weaponTags> while determining the weapon drops from the drop pod.

This makes it possible for weapon mods to provide content immediately, without having to wait for invasions before their content is seen.
A mod could add dozens of new pistols without any of them ever being used because the player hasn't used them before and doesn't want
to risk getting a downgrade or doesn't want to read through the stats screen and just keeps using familiar weapons.

I like how outlanders already use weaponTags for this, and it would also be great to have more and better weaponTags to describe weapons
in better ways so mods could rely on weapons being well-described.