[1.0] What the Hack?! v1.2 - last update: May 30, 2019

Started by Roolo, September 07, 2018, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: Sonsalt on March 24, 2019, 08:40:44 AM
awesome, what are the improvements?

I won't spoil too much, but the most important additions will be:
- Enemy hacked mechs will also regularly have upgrade modules installed, and have the AI to use the active abilities of them.
- 9 new upgrade modules, including a couple of modules that allow your mechs to perform simple tasks like hauling, cleaning and more.
- A tab in which you can keep track of your mechs, and assign work to the ones with work-related modules installed.
- The ability to assign mechanoids to specific platforms (like how you also can assign colonists to beds).
- A rework of how stats are presented to the player so that it's more transparent.
- A rebalance of several stats.

Let me know if you want to help with testing :)

IceAero

Just wanted to flag an issue.

I'm using this mod with CE as well as the Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack (DMGTP).

I'm unable to mount any turrets onto Centipedes.  I have the turret module installed, and when I go to install a turret, the options I see are the standard miniturret, as well the the DMGTP turrets. So, issue (1), which might be intended, is that none of the CE turrets appear as options.

However, issue (2), is that neither the DMGTP turrets nor the miniturret can actually be installed onto the Turret Module.  The action simple shows "Need Material [turret]" even though I have one sitting right there (tried it installed and uninstalled, with every type of turret listed).

Any thoughts? 

Riddle78

I don't know which mod's not cooperating,but something's not working. Lemme explain.

I use Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack as a means to get some real automated defences,since the Mini-Turret sucks slag like nobody's business. In this mod is something called the Mk. 19 Turret,and its Sentry Turret variant. It's a grenade machine gun,which got me salivating; Four Centipedes with these things mounted to them will be a stunning force multiplier for defence. You yourself have said that this feature is universally compatible,provided you can uninstall the turrets; Mk. 19 turrets can indeed be uninstalled.

Issue being,while I can assign the modification if I have the turret in question in storage,it'll never be done,as the game thinks I lack the materials to install the turret.

I've also posted a similar message to this one on the Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack's thread,just in case the issue is on their end.

Roolo

Quote from: Riddle78 on March 28, 2019, 09:47:40 AM
I don't know which mod's not cooperating,but something's not working. Lemme explain.

I use [https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=45727.0]Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack[/url] as a means to get some real automated defences,since the Mini-Turret sucks slag like nobody's business. In this mod is something called the Mk. 19 Turret,and its Sentry Turret variant. It's a grenade machine gun,which got me salivating; Four Centipedes with these things mounted to them will be a stunning force multiplier for defence. You yourself have said that this feature is universally compatible,provided you can uninstall the turrets; Mk. 19 turrets can indeed be uninstalled.

Issue being,while I can assign the modification if I have the turret in question in storage,it'll never be done,as the game thinks I lack the materials to install the turret.

I've also posted a similar message to this one on the Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack's thread,just in case the issue is on their end.

Hmm I've had other reports that indicate incompatibility with that mod. I suspect that mod has it's own turret implementation class, and What the Hack therefore doesn't pick it up. I'll look into it. If that mod is not doing anything crazy, it's probably possible to fix it on my side.

Quote from: IceAero on March 25, 2019, 10:31:06 AM
Just wanted to flag an issue.

I'm using this mod with CE as well as the Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack (DMGTP).

I'm unable to mount any turrets onto Centipedes.  I have the turret module installed, and when I go to install a turret, the options I see are the standard miniturret, as well the the DMGTP turrets. So, issue (1), which might be intended, is that none of the CE turrets appear as options.

However, issue (2), is that neither the DMGTP turrets nor the miniturret can actually be installed onto the Turret Module.  The action simple shows "Need Material [turret]" even though I have one sitting right there (tried it installed and uninstalled, with every type of turret listed).

Any thoughts? 

Combat extended has it's own implementation code for turrets. I did add a check for this, but apparently it needs some more work. For the Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack it could be a similar issue, as I'm getting more reports. I'll definitely look into both problems before I'll release the next update.

sumghai

Hey Roolo, I'm the (current) maintainer of DMGTP.

I have to admit that I'm not 100% familiar with original author Blackie's implementation of turrets, as all I'm doing at the moment is just maintaining it for RimWorld 1.0. However, if you have any suggestions on how I could bring the DMGTP turrets in line with typical turret mods for compatibility with What The Hack!?, then I'm all ears.

Here's my repo, if it helps:

https://github.com/sumghai/DefensiveMachineGunTurretPack

Roolo

Quote from: sumghai on March 28, 2019, 03:56:03 PM
Hey Roolo, I'm the (current) maintainer of DMGTP.

I have to admit that I'm not 100% familiar with original author Blackie's implementation of turrets, as all I'm doing at the moment is just maintaining it for RimWorld 1.0. However, if you have any suggestions on how I could bring the DMGTP turrets in line with typical turret mods for compatibility with What The Hack!?, then I'm all ears.

Here's my repo, if it helps:

https://github.com/sumghai/DefensiveMachineGunTurretPack

Thanks! I can probably fix it on my side (if I can actually reproduce it), but if something needs changing on your end, I'll let you know!

Roolo

I use Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack as a means to get some real automated defences,since the Mini-Turret sucks slag like nobody's business. In this mod is something called the Mk. 19 Turret,and its Sentry Turret variant. It's a grenade machine gun,which got me salivating; Four Centipedes with these things mounted to them will be a stunning force multiplier for defence. You yourself have said that this feature is universally compatible,provided you can uninstall the turrets; Mk. 19 turrets can indeed be uninstalled.

Hmm, I took a look at Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack compatibility, and for me it works fine:

Some questions:

- Could you share your log by loading your save and pressing ctrl+f12 (place the link you'll get here)? That gives me insight in any mods that could be interfering.
- Did you research "Turret Module" as well as "Gun turret mounting"?

Riddle78

Quote from: Roolo on March 29, 2019, 09:11:33 AM

Hmm, I took a look at Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack compatibility, and for me it works fine:

Some questions:

- Could you share your log by loading your save and pressing ctrl+f12 (place the link you'll get here)? That gives me insight in any mods that could be interfering.
- Did you research "Turret Module" as well as "Gun turret mounting"?

I have Turret Modules and Gun Turret Mounting researched,and all of my Centipedes are equipped with the Modules. I just built some new turrets (Mk. 19 Sentry,Mk. 19 Manned,and Mini-Turret) and stored them,as I sold my last batch of turrets. I needed the silver for Rimatomics.

Possible feature suggestion; An evolution of the Gun Turret Mounting research that allows you to build Autocannon and Uranium Slug Turrets onto large Mechanoids?

Here's the HugsLib log. Fill your boots. Maybe give sumghai a poke to look it over,too.

Roolo

Ok, I found out which mod is conflicting, it's RIMMsqol.

When using RimSQOL, make sure to go to its mod options and add "ingredient radius" to the list of forbidden patches. Otherwise some recipes like installing turrets won't work.

It's a known compatibility issue that can only be solved by the author of the other mod. The code of that mod is dated, and I believe the author is working on a 2.0 version.

Riddle78

Quote from: Roolo on March 30, 2019, 04:32:46 AM
Ok, I found out which mod is conflicting, it's RIMMsqol.

When using RimSQOL, make sure to go to its mod options and add "ingredient radius" to the list of forbidden patches. Otherwise some recipes like installing turrets won't work.

It's a known compatibility issue that can only be solved by the author of the other mod. The code of that mod is dated, and I believe the author is working on a 2.0 version.

There was no Ingredient Radius option in the Forbidden Patches section,but there was a Recipe Radius option. And it worked. I wasn't aware of this,thank you.

temple_wing

Exception "when and only when" I open inspect window of wood logs and wood lumbers ( I have "expended wood working" installed ).

My version is : 9fd573ab442ddbf89944fc3d4a3acffc858d2c33

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_InfoCard: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WhatTheHack.Harmony.ThingDef_SpecialDisplayStats+<GetSpecialDisplayStats>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.StatDrawEntry].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.StatDrawEntry].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatsReportUtility.DrawStatsReport (Rect rect, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_InfoCard.FillCard (Rect cardRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_InfoCard.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on March 31, 2019, 02:15:50 AM
Exception "when and only when" I open inspect window of wood logs and wood lumbers ( I have "expended wood working" installed ).

My version is : 9fd573ab442ddbf89944fc3d4a3acffc858d2c33

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_InfoCard: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WhatTheHack.Harmony.ThingDef_SpecialDisplayStats+<GetSpecialDisplayStats>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.StatDrawEntry].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.StatDrawEntry].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatsReportUtility.DrawStatsReport (Rect rect, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_InfoCard.FillCard (Rect cardRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_InfoCard.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Thanks for reporting that. I'll install that mod and see if I can reproduce and fix it.

Roolo

I just released v1.2, a big update!

Main additions
- Work modules! The ultimate way to humiliate the mechanoids you've beaten. Currently there are modules for hauling, cleaning, firefighting and growing/plant-cutting.
- Many other modules, including ones for improving armor, sight, speed, carrying capacity, and one that let's you overdrive mechanoids!
- Enemy hacked mechanoids now show up with random modules installed, and have the AI to use active abilities given by certain modules.
- Mechanoids can now own platforms like how your colonists can own beds.
- A new tab is added that gives an overview of your hacked mechanoids, and lets you assign them to work (if they have the right modules installed).
- All stats related to this mod have been reworked and made more transparent. For instance, you can see exactly how much power a mech drains each day, how much power capacity it has etc.
- Modules can now be uninstalled from mechanoids (without killing the mechanoid and disassembling it).

I'd like to thank Madman666 for his great work on all the sprites featured in this updated!!

Smaller Additions and tweaks
- All buildings related to this mod are now organized under a separate "Hacking" architect-tab.
- Re-organized research tab (Credits go to Cenbes for this)
- Greatly lowered default mechanoid power consumption (was really needed now that we have work-modules).
- Lowered cost to repair mechanoids.
- Slightly increased maintenance cost.
- Added warning for when the player is low on mechanoid parts.
- Replaced sprite for mechanoid workshop so that the dimensions are consistent with other large workbenches.
- Mechanoids are now labelled by their names so they are more easily distinguishable.
- Small hacked mechanoids (body size 1 or lower) now also show up in drop-pod raids.
- Modules - except the really rare ones - have a large chance to break when a mechanoid is downed. This is to balance out the larger influx of modules due to enemy hacked mechs spawning with them.
- Many hard-coded values have been moved to XML, making further expansions easier.
- Many other under-the-hood changes to make this mod more future-proof.
- Hacked mechs of friendly factions now always die when downed (this prevents some issues when the player want to hack them).

Fixes
- Conflict with Giddy-up!, preventing hacked mechanoids to spawn.
- 10 jobs 1 tick error when using mechanoid controller belt. (Credits go to diddily for this fix)

Liking the update? Please consider buying me a coffee to support more updates like this one! https://ko-fi.com/I2I75ZMH

bobisback

For some reason when I go to install a mini turret I get the option of need mats when I have a couple of turrets available. I am using CE, any ideas what might be the issue?

Roolo

Quote from: bobisback on April 07, 2019, 09:45:30 PM
For some reason when I go to install a mini turret I get the option of need mats when I have a couple of turrets available. I am using CE, any ideas what might be the issue?

Turret mounting doesn't work for CE turrets. In CE, the turret code has been completely rewritten, so all the patches from my mod can't be applied to that.

I've looked into making it compatible this update, but it turned out to require a lot of extra coding. I'll contact the creator of CE, maybe things can be made more uniform with vanilla on his side.