[1.0] What the Hack?! v1.2 - last update: May 30, 2019

Started by Roolo, September 07, 2018, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadus

WOOP this is amasing.
thanks for your great work, it apriciated. :)
i really like your mod...

Cheers
Canadus

bobisback

Quote from: Roolo on April 08, 2019, 01:00:07 AM
Quote from: bobisback on April 07, 2019, 09:45:30 PM
For some reason when I go to install a mini turret I get the option of need mats when I have a couple of turrets available. I am using CE, any ideas what might be the issue?

Turret mounting doesn't work for CE turrets. In CE, the turret code has been completely rewritten, so all the patches from my mod can't be applied to that.

I've looked into making it compatible this update, but it turned out to require a lot of extra coding. I'll contact the creator of CE, maybe things can be made more uniform with vanilla on his side.

Thanks for the reply!

So I kinda figured that the turrets that CE added are not compatible, but for some reason I cannot even add the mini turret that is in vanilla, or is this not working either?

Kirby23590

For some reason Raids happen but there are no raiders...

I still get the message about the raid, but the Jump into location is greyed out and sometimes it said i got sappers or a siege but there's no raiders and transport pods dropping them insight and they don't even appear...

Here's the log i got...
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c635dbf5f067140442d28de4b7461c67

EDIT:
I found out the real problem...

All you had to do is resub by unsubbing first then resubbing in the steam workshop, and afterwords the raids are able to come back along with their hacked mechanoids assisting them along with the raids...

So it's mostly steam workshop's fault here...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Roolo

Update
v1.2.1

- Fixed: Some info dialogs (including ones for body parts) throwing errors.
- Fixed: Raids sometimes not arriving when using certain mods.
- Updated Japanese translations (by Proxyer).

Edit:
@Kirby23590
You were actually having a real issue, and I don't think it was Steam, as I had some other reports of people experiencing the same. However, the issue was very situational, so it could well be that after you resubscribed, you just got lucky (or unlucky if the raid was bad ^^).  Anyway, I think I fixed the issue since the last update (which was already released yesterday on Steam).

Nameless

I still have the error and I downloaded the mod through steam workshop.

Is it updated there?

Roolo

Quote from: Nameless on April 11, 2019, 10:19:52 PM

Is it updated there?

Which of the two errors? Logs are always useful (press ctrl+f12 after the issue occurs to provide one).

Steam sometimes isn't doing a great job of updating files, so what you could try is to unsubscribe and then resubscribe. That forces steam to update.

Nameless

Quote from: Roolo on April 12, 2019, 02:09:32 AM
Quote from: Nameless on April 11, 2019, 10:19:52 PM

Is it updated there?

Which of the two errors? Logs are always useful (press ctrl+f12 after the issue occurs to provide one).

Steam sometimes isn't doing a great job of updating files, so what you could try is to unsubscribe and then resubscribe. That forces steam to update.

Tried to do that, it still exists:

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Nameless,
why do you think ask the mod author about a logfile ? From the screenshot you barly can see anything.
So please use the green button "Share log" or press CTRL-F12 and post the link.

Roolo

Canute is right. By not providing a real log (and preferably a Hugslib log, which you can only get by pressing ctrl+f12 or clicking the green button), you're effectively wasting time for both of us.

Aside from that, I can already see this is a completely different issue than the ones that were fixed in the last update. Apparently some mods adds a stat that What the Hack also adds, but without a proper log I can't see what mod it could be, and I can only guess what stat it could be.

Riddle78

About how quickly does a sapient Rogue AI consume data,on a per-day basis?

Roolo

Quote from: Riddle78 on April 14, 2019, 03:29:35 PM
About how quickly does a sapient Rogue AI consume data,on a per-day basis?

Nothing actually. Only when you use abilities, or when it is without power or damaged, its mood will drop (requiring data to replenish it). There's only one situation where it losing its mood cannot be prevented: during solar flares (since it'll be unpowered for a while). So how much data it consumes mostly depends on how frequently you use its abilities. Hacking mechanoids is of course the most costly ability.

Roolo

Update (mostly fixes and tweaks)
v1.2.2

- Fixed issue that made it possible to assign multiple mechs to a single platform
- Fixed compatibility issue with Prison Labor, that made it impossible to rename mechs.
- Mechs no longer start working when drafted with work mode enabled.
- Medical is automatically turned off at startup for platforms. This is to prepare for an update of Animal Logic for which I created a pull request.
- Further increased repair rate of mechanoid platforms and lowered the cost of repairs.
- Increased cost of maintenance.
- Increased mechanoid platform part capacity
- Rebalanced ancient mech sites found with LRMS. They're more dangerous now, and their size determines how many mechs are inside one.
- Added partial spanish translations (by Caferino)
- Updated Korean translations (by yangbum7)

Roolo

Update (there was a minor error in the last update)
v1.2.3

- Fixed error on startup when Prison Labor isn't loaded introduced in previous update.
- Updated Japanese translations.

Riddle78

So,I've thought about the Rogue AI,and your relationship with it once it gains sapience. Once it gains sapience,you're pretty much stuck with it for good. Its mood is in constant decline. If its mood gets too low,you'll wish you were never born. You can keep its mood up by feeding it. And,with some prodding,it'll even do something constructive,though it won't like it in the least. In other words,a sapient Rogue AI is a gloriously overengineered cat.

And it made me laugh.

IceAero

Just encountered a repeatable crash-to-desktop event that I believe is from this mod.

I had a scyther set to work mode (with a hauling module installed), and I went to install a cargo module in that scyther.  It approached the workbench and the entire game crashed.  Not sure if it was trying to haul itself to the bench or what, but I was able to repeat the crash a few times, and only turning work mode OFF and THEN adding the 'install cargo module' operation, did it everything seem to work correctly.