[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded1

Sure they do. you just wont have muffalo steak afterwards, you will have muffalo soup.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Goo Poni

Quote from: eatKenny on November 24, 2014, 05:30:50 AM
PS(to all): is ammo supply enough for you? or should i make a workbench that colonists can produce cannon shells and rockets? (by "enough" i mean enough to deal with colony threats but not too much that you can play with, like shooting muffalos >:()

I personally went and fiddled with all the turrets that use ammo and replaced their custom ammunition with either shells or missiles. I play with the TTM modpack, so I can have a standing bill to always want 300 shells stored, ready to fuel several cannons and howitzers at once.

I do think the turret costs are extreme, though. I've only been able to build a multitude of cannons, sniper turrets and howitzers because, again with TTM, I have several drilling machines providing essentially limitless metal and a stroke of luck through one of the TTM events dropped nearly 10 AI cores in my lap. Sure, all the turrets are good against raiders, but Randy has pretty much replaced pirate raids with zombie hordes. I don't remember the last time I saw a pirate raid. The cannons are good. The Avenger and Chaingun are good (though I fiddled with the Chaingun, removing the burst and making it shoot three times a second instead). The high single target damage of the sniper is almost moot against zombies. They're only good for putting down a dead body that turns into a zombie. Lasers are good but holy crap, what are you supposed to feed their power needs with? Those orange and blue things pump out 10k energy, I had three of them powering my whole base. While messing around with the turrets and using god mode, I ended up with 20 of the things to keep the lasers online permanently along with the other turrets. I noticed they do damage and wallbang through mountainsides, I thought they would only set fire to enemies. I might keep one laser off to the side to shoot through the mountains at zombie stragglers that decided not to attack. Because of the power draw, I question the usefulness of them. To directly attack the zombie hordes, one turret is not enough

Iwillbenicetou

Where did you get those power generators? What mod, because those look amazing.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Ded1

part of ttm i think.  But not 100% on that.  I have used them in the past but i cant remember what mod adds them.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 24, 2014, 04:47:42 PM
Where did you get those power generators? What mod, because those look amazing.

They are a part of TTM, I don't know if their Minami's own work or part of another mod. They're fairly expensive to build, each one requires 25 mechanoid kills as you need a part that can only be obtained from mechanoids, but they put out enough power to pretty much solve a typical base's needs. At one point, I had a mechanoid cocoon causing small mechanoid raids every day. Loadsa spare parts. Destroyed it when I was starting to have too many people in sickbay from burns and scyther lance slugs. They glow a healthy blue and have a spinning blue ring on them while active.

eatKenny

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 24, 2014, 10:58:47 AM
Quote from: eatKenny on November 24, 2014, 05:30:50 AM
PS(to all): is ammo supply enough for you? or should i make a workbench that colonists can produce cannon shells and rockets? (by "enough" i mean enough to deal with colony threats but not too much that you can play with, like shooting muffalos >:()

I personally went and fiddled with all the turrets that use ammo and replaced their custom ammunition with either shells or missiles. I play with the TTM modpack, so I can have a standing bill to always want 300 shells stored, ready to fuel several cannons and howitzers at once.

I do think the turret costs are extreme, though. I've only been able to build a multitude of cannons, sniper turrets and howitzers because, again with TTM, I have several drilling machines providing essentially limitless metal and a stroke of luck through one of the TTM events dropped nearly 10 AI cores in my lap. Sure, all the turrets are good against raiders, but Randy has pretty much replaced pirate raids with zombie hordes. I don't remember the last time I saw a pirate raid. The cannons are good. The Avenger and Chaingun are good (though I fiddled with the Chaingun, removing the burst and making it shoot three times a second instead). The high single target damage of the sniper is almost moot against zombies. They're only good for putting down a dead body that turns into a zombie. Lasers are good but holy crap, what are you supposed to feed their power needs with? Those orange and blue things pump out 10k energy, I had three of them powering my whole base. While messing around with the turrets and using god mode, I ended up with 20 of the things to keep the lasers online permanently along with the other turrets. I noticed they do damage and wallbang through mountainsides, I thought they would only set fire to enemies. I might keep one laser off to the side to shoot through the mountains at zombie stragglers that decided not to attack. Because of the power draw, I question the usefulness of them. To directly attack the zombie hordes, one turret is not enough

damn that's A LOT of turrets ;)

yeah the sniper turret is made for single target which will leave a corpse that you can strip and make profit, but for very late game (or in your case against zombies) when you dont even have time to strip 100+ corpse then the cannon is more usefull.

laser turret (acctully all the advanced turrets) are not meant to turned on all the time, laser turret is made for support the defense because it can set target on fire thus break the attack formation somehow.

Iwillbenicetou

The avenger turret ;D I had one of them... Incinerated the zombie. It is truly overkill. All was left, was a pile of smoke.

Jang

I have some problems.
I followed instructions(download, decompression, move to Mods folder, start and activate mod) and in game, no matter what kind of turret is, every turret appears just a purple-xbox.
Did I do something wrong?

HBKRKO619

Every time you enter in the mod menu, you must restart your game. You just need to close your game, return to the OS, start the game, create a new world, create a new colonie and enjoy ^^

eatKenny

Quote from: Jang on December 07, 2014, 10:00:26 AM
I have some problems.
I followed instructions(download, decompression, move to Mods folder, start and activate mod) and in game, no matter what kind of turret is, every turret appears just a purple-xbox.
strange, seems to be some graphical glitches.
deactivate other mods(if any), restart rimworld, and try again.

eatKenny

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on December 06, 2014, 05:05:49 PM
It is truly overkill. All was left, was a pile of smoke.
as the name says ;D i may try balance it in A8, have very little time right now.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: eatKenny on November 25, 2014, 05:34:21 PM
damn that's A LOT of turrets ;)

yeah the sniper turret is made for single target which will leave a corpse that you can strip and make profit, but for very late game (or in your case against zombies) when you dont even have time to strip 100+ corpse then the cannon is more usefull.

laser turret (actually all the advanced turrets) are not meant to turned on all the time, laser turret is made for support the defense because it can set target on fire thus break the attack formation somehow.

But if you have a couple of cremator droids from Mech Defense, then you can make a huge profit ;D.

Jang

Quote from: eatKenny on December 07, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
Quote from: Jang on December 07, 2014, 10:00:26 AM
I have some problems.
strange, seems to be some graphical glitches.
deactivate other mods(if any), restart rimworld, and try again.

I found the solution. It was not a mod's, installation and graphical problem.
If there are other languages in installed directory(I installed in Korean named folder), then all additional mod's contents appear purple-xbox.
Now I can enjoy this mod ;D

eatKenny

updated to Alpha 8, removed "need ammo to fire" temporary (waiting for another mod to update)

let me know if you find bugs.