[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

bobdylan21

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 14, 2016, 02:16:13 AM
Quote from: bobdylan21 on March 13, 2016, 11:30:55 PM
Hey, is it just me or; 1. Biomatter does not appear to be usable to fix scars; even under the surgery tab. and 2. Thrumbo horns / hearts of "fire/ice" are not eligible to be sold to any traders?

Unlike SC Biomatter is not used to heal scars for that you need to research the tech that gives you the Dermal regenerator, a device that scans and heals tissue damage to your colonists, even Brain damage!.

Thanks!

bobdylan21

Hey, is it just me or; 1. Biomatter does not appear to be usable to fix scars; even under the surgery tab. and 2. Thrumbo horns / hearts of "fire/ice" are not eligible to be sold to any traders?

Unlike SC Biomatter is not used to heal scars for that you need to research the tech that gives you the Dermal regenerator, a device that scans and heals tissue damage to your colonists, even Brain damage!.

Is the dermal regenerator a item or a production bench; because i'm unable to find it :)

bobdylan21

Oops, never mind! Found it! :D

Hargut

Quote from: Kadrush on March 14, 2016, 10:56:05 AM
Do you have raw meat? or only jerky or the other prepared ones?
I have normal meat.

I destroyed my cooker thingy - made a new one - then fine meal works.
But as soon as i do a SINGLE simple meal, the fine meal aint working anymore.. >D

Kadrush

Meat as an ingredient works only as raw, if you make jerky meat you have to eat it, but cant use to prepare a fine meal.

Hargut

I got everything - i told alrdy, it works when i REMAKE teh building but only for a short amount of time... :(

Edgewise

Quote from: Grogfeld on March 14, 2016, 04:37:46 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on March 13, 2016, 10:31:25 PM
ohh omg... in A13 i will try to rework Enemy Raids, so AI would trying to defeat you without raids in 100 and more pawn, but using another technique. For example organize diversion to your turrets, warehouses with ammunition... etc  :)

I thought about AI and how it is neglected. I think that it needs more semi stages. Now we have: 1. Spawn 2. Wait some time/build siege/attack 3. attack few targets. Problem is in no safe checks. You can shoot with sniper rifle to those who wait or build siege, EVEN those who guard. Only when some of them are dead they stop and attack. Yes they attack when you come to close but with combat realism and sniper rifle firing range or weapons with firing arc you can decimate them with ease and I don't even mention mortars. I think that it could be managed with few ways. I see two solutions. One is hard and it affect AI , so not a topic for now, the second one is simpler but I don't know if it's possible with incident mechanics and probably how AI manages raids of the same faction. So a faction attack with couple groups and with different tasks. There could be assault and a siege at the same time and when enemy pawn will be in close radius to our building than it could trigger a drop pod assault. This could mess with our defenses quite well. So if it is possible to trigger raid of specific faction then I think it is possible to make it happen. Is the "traitor" event triggered on ongoing raid?

These are some great ideas.  Rather than raids just getting bigger and bigger, make them get smarter. :)  I've had these multi-raid things happen by coincidence since I use RR as my story teller, but to have it be just the normal way things are for raids to work like this would be awesome.  I think the challenge there will be in the behavior of the various groups being tweaked.  For example: If one force is a distraction force, they might fight to the last man as long as the other team is still in the fight, but withdraw even with no losses if the other team has failed.  If one group is a siege force and the other the attack force, the siege force might withdraw if the attack force is wiped out or they run out of ammo, or take cover as much as possible if you're sniping them while the attack force might double back to protect the siege force/catch you in a pincer if you start sniping the siege force.  This would be much better than just more enemies imo.

Edit:  Having them go after resources would be cool too.  I mean they are called 'raids' right? so they should be trying to steal something... like silver, gold, rare items, high quality items, etc.  It is after all the colony wealth that is attracting more enemies to the raids.  Maybe you can buy them off buy leaving stuff outside for them to haul away.  Make some of the workstations able to be uninstalled and moved by raiders so a raid target might be to steal your long range communication relay or your Multi-Analyzer or to set time bombs next to your oil extractor/power generators or something like that.  In the end, they should have some goal other than 'die en masse in order to maybe injure 1-2 ppl' like it currently is.

onelastlink

I'd love to play this mod pack but whenever I try to load the core sk mod in mods it gives me the outdated/incompatible mod notification and turns all mods off. What am I doing wrong?

Justicer3792

So I am curious, since whenever I try to remove Seeds Please (the one mod I really hate, though it makes sense), it bugs up the research completely. Is there any way Seeds Please can be removed without messing up the tech tree?

Mrshilka

Quote from: Justicer3792 on March 15, 2016, 01:13:51 AM
So I am curious, since whenever I try to remove Seeds Please (the one mod I really hate, though it makes sense), it bugs up the research completely. Is there any way Seeds Please can be removed without messing up the tech tree?

Every mod in the main mod pack are tightly wound together, and all reference each other so removing them would be a large amount of work.

Mrshilka

Quote from: onelastlink on March 15, 2016, 12:07:11 AM
I'd love to play this mod pack but whenever I try to load the core sk mod in mods it gives me the outdated/incompatible mod notification and turns all mods off. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you are installing the config file, it will enable all the mods int he correct order.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Flamingwhitepony on March 14, 2016, 05:44:31 AM
Also I would recommend swapping to the RT Quantum Storage mod. Nano storage causes immense amounts of lag and overall isn't that great of a storage mod. Thanks for the awesome pack SK Team. :D

I will bump for Quantum Storage also, god I miss it, and the way it can synergise with the A2B belts is great also.

The ability to use Power into storage space is a great thing!

Hargut

Anyone fast can tell me how i make a Crate for the Turrets ?

I cant find a Workbench :(

Konsulus

Crates for turrets can only be bought from merchants or sometimes captured during sieges.

Kadrush

Sometimes, those crates drop on the crash landings, if you have enabled this opitional mod.