[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Hijacking this thread for a short question ..

What would be a good name for a Warhammer Space Marine Backstory ?

Since a general "Space Marine" backstory allready exists ?

should I call it
"Adeptus Astartes"
just "Astartes"
"Angel of Death"
"Child of the Emperor" -> i think there is a Chapter named Emperors Children

or something different ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

FantasySys

Adeptus Astartes would be the most lore accurate methinks

Rocket_Raccoon

Emperors Children would be not such a good choice for a space marine chapter ;

SpaceDorf

I remembered vaguely .. that the chapter exists, but not exactly their alignment.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 08, 2017, 01:53:05 PM
I remembered vaguely .. that the chapter exists, but not exactly their alignment.
Let's just say they aren't the Emperors anymore

koaniil

I prefer Black Templars.
The true crusaders of the Emperor.

SpaceDorf

I know, a quick look at the Black Library answered all the questions about the Children.
Also it should be Grandchildren .. the Emperor made the Primarch and the Marines after their Primarch ..

To change the Top back to Cpt.OhUs Project.
In combination with 40k Lore and the Landingships I just had this nice day dream about Interstellar Traders actually Landing near your Base instead of just dropping some pods.

Cpt.Ohu

You mean instead of droppods, a cargofreighter comes down and unloads the goods you traded?

SpaceDorf

Nibbler

The thing is, in 40k freighters don't land on planets. These ships are huge, often a couple kilometers long. Trying to land such a ship on a planet would result in it crashing to the surface in a giant fireball akin to an asteroid crash. These ships are completely built in space and they just move cargo between planets. Loading and unloading the cargo is done by smaller shuttles.

Cpt.Ohu

Well, by freighters I of course meant things like planes, not the actual spaceship.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Nibbler on June 12, 2017, 10:38:04 AM
The thing is, in 40k freighters don't land on planets. These ships are huge, often a couple kilometers long. Trying to land such a ship on a planet would result in it crashing to the surface in a giant fireball akin to an asteroid crash. These ships are completely built in space and they just move cargo between planets. Loading and unloading the cargo is done by smaller shuttles.

Which would then land on either a spacedock or the surface of the planet to do the trade or deliver the goods and take on new stuff .. so what was your argument again ?

And never tell a Rogue Trader he can't do something :)

Nibbler

I read stuff too literal again. In any case, a cargo ship instead of cargo pods would be very nice  ;D

SNKcell

Would you break apart the mod into small pieces like the Cult of Chutlu mods or it this gonna be like the the Mars Mission mod?

IMO, I dont really like overhauls, you gain the mod but you sacrifice the game itself

This looks like a really cool mod, great work!

Cpt.Ohu

If you read the thread, you can see this topic being brought up several times.

To recap: Not a fan of modularisation, at least in this case. Mainly because it would increase the workload even more. There is a sort of base section that everything else depends on, and it's probably the most intrusive part. Resolving that dependency would result in just another weapon/armor/Faction mod, and I won't be doing that. Keeping the dependency would require to check for every possible combination.

There are already "modules" that came from the mod, starting with the original AlienRaces, FactionColors and Dropships. These were designed as separate helpers. Can't say the same for the rest.

Recently Jecrell, the creator of the Cthulu mods, offered to help out on this project. He wants to do some modularisation, and hopefully we find a way that works for the betterment of the mod, not its cannibalisation. Probably more of a turn-off option rather than a separate mod file.