[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pichu0102

Problem: When guests visit and drop their flag down while Infused is installed, some of their tuques become infused and give the notification that your x tuque has been infused, and it drops from their worn apparel into their inventory. When you buy them off the trader pawn, the tuques start out as forbidden, which is easily cleared with the unforbid command, but the entire thing is very strange.

https://gist.github.com/d8907c76e26f0b2f2f2c6acf81b87fe7

Orion

That's quite odd indeed. But I think you'll have to notify the infused creator.

arscis

I'm having a few issues with the mod.

I have walls protecting my colony with scattered doors everywhere to allow entry and exiting but visitors immediately start digging out a straight path to the guest beds.

They also frequently go berserk or overdose on drugs and die, giving me faction penalties.

Jstank

There is a small exploit that I learned concerning this mod. If there is something that one of the colonists has and you want, get a grenade and throw it 'around the area' of one of the guests. the person will not respond to the grenade and get incapacitated. After that you can rescue the person and when they are out of the hospital you get a +10 rep from the faction... and you get to keep the stuff.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Trigon

Quote from: Jstank on February 13, 2017, 06:52:52 PM
There is a small exploit that I learned concerning this mod. If there is something that one of the colonists has and you want, get a grenade and throw it 'around the area' of one of the guests. the person will not respond to the grenade and get incapacitated. After that you can rescue the person and when they are out of the hospital you get a +10 rep from the faction... and you get to keep the stuff.
Well unless they die. You still get to keep their stuff, but the boss man probably won't be too happy.

amp

I've been enjoying hospitality for a while now but I suddenly ran into a problem.

I have a game I've been playing for a while and suddenly (like one frame to the next, no warning) the game became unplayably slow. Something like 1-2 seconds per frame. However the issue is in the tick I think since the framerate is fine when the game is paused. Saving and loading changed nothing, so I reloaded from a previous autosave and played for a bit and then it happened again. The log shows this exception repeatly (every tick?):

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

I looked around online and I could not find any other issues that seem to be the same. Since the issue seems to be repeatable when loading the save I have attached the save game. I am using a fairly long mod list (sorry) but I have no idea how to reproduce the problem in a new save game so I'm just sending this to you as is.

The save game is too large to attach. You can download it from: http://www.singingwizard.org/stuff/rimworld_slow_save.zip

Any help would be appreciated in terms of ripping things out of the save game to fix it. And I'd be happy to run more tests if that would be useful for debugging.

-Arthur

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Flimflamshabam

Why is it predators become super fixated on hunting visitors? They don't pick on my colonists unless they go manhunter. It makes guests more trouble than their worth in tribal starts since I'm too poor and undermanned to build a whole wall to keep the critters out, half of the time the animals get to the guests before they even slap down their flag.

Orion

Quote from: arscis on February 13, 2017, 06:41:09 PM
I have walls protecting my colony with scattered doors everywhere to allow entry and exiting but visitors immediately start digging out a straight path to the guest beds.
This should not happen. You probably have another mod that causes it.

Quote from: arscis on February 13, 2017, 06:41:09 PM
They also frequently go berserk or overdose on drugs and die, giving me faction penalties.
That's life in the wastelands...

Quote from: Jstank on February 13, 2017, 06:52:52 PM
[..]get a grenade and throw it 'around the area' of one of the guests. [..] get a +10 rep from the faction... and you get to keep the stuff.
I could make them become hostile if someone gets downed, but I don't think that's better. Any ideas how this could be fixed?

Quote from: amp on February 14, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
I have a game I've been playing for a while and suddenly (like one frame to the next, no warning) the game became unplayably slow. Something like 1-2 seconds per frame.
Does it by any chance spawn tons of people at the edge of the map?
What the error means is that something fails when trying to spawn visitors. The slowdown is often caused by the error message itself.
Most likely you have a mod that causes visitor spawning to fail. Like some strange custom faction that can't spawn normally.

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on February 14, 2017, 02:29:49 AM
Why is it predators become super fixated on hunting visitors?
This is caused by another mod, but I couldn't find out which one yet.

Orion

Quote from: amp on February 14, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
Any help would be appreciated in terms of ripping things out of the save game to fix it. And I'd be happy to run more tests if that would be useful for debugging.
There is an error message from a "Harmony" file. Any idea which mod that could be? It doesn't load correctly, so you could try kicking it out or moving it somewhere else in your load order.
Same with Hospitality. Try moving it around (and restarting of course) and see if it still happens then.

Flimflamshabam

Not sure if this mod is responsible but wounded people from escape pods capable of walking find their way to one of my medical beds but then I can't heal them because I didn't "rescue" them.

Canute

Thats vanila behavior. It become a regular guest if the pawn manage it to move at it own.

Flimflamshabam

Except they aren't counted as a guest because I can't give them treatment, they just make themselves all comfy in one of my medical beds without asking and slowly bleed to death.

crusader2010

Hello. I'm getting some strange errors and I would like to know if they are related to Hospitality or not. Attaching the modsConfig.xml too :)  thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Orion

I don't think the errors have to do with this mod. More likely Psychology and StepAway, whatever that is, in combination.

Orion

Update
- New: Recruitment system overhaul: Guests now need a minimum amount of "friends" to recruit (min relationship). Recruiting then works immediately (no rng). Recruiters will "endorse" other colonists (they like) to the guests to raise their relationship. Amount of required friends is relative to amount of colonists.
- New: Russian translation (probably already out of date)
- Fix: Removed CCL reference in about page
- New: Success / failure messages removed. Will only show when a colonist failed 3x in a row on the same guest.
- New: Success / failure effect when zoomed in on pawns
- Fix: Drug policy warning
- Tweak: Stay duration is much longer now (1 - 2.5 days)
- Fix: Flag is now placed when in range of base (and not at the other end of it)
- Tweak: Slightly less relationship damage when recruiting

Since the recruitment system has changed a lot, I need your feedback to see if it works as intended and if it's not too easy or too hard. Let me know!