[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Dal2kDemon on July 18, 2017, 09:48:05 PM
Is it normal that when guests are killed by wild animals, the faction relation drops by -5 ?

Because I use the mod that makes the map fills with many predators and guests are attacked to death quite often.

Yes: It's your fault they died on the land under your rulership;
you've admitted as much by filling your kingdom with predators.

What punishment would you like?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

stigma

Quote from: Dal2kDemon on July 18, 2017, 09:48:05 PM
Is it normal that when guests are killed by wild animals, the faction relation drops by -5 ?

Because I use the mod that makes the map fills with many predators and guests are attacked to death quite often.

Yea it's normal for faction rating to drop slightly if visitors die in your territory.
I guess you can think of it this way - if your allies keep having casualties every time they visit you they probably eventually decide that it's not worth visiting you - regardless of if it's "your fault" or not.

It is also a moderating way to prevent cheezing the system by "accidentally" having caravans die all the time by "an unfortunate fire accident" or other such indirect means. it's not as bad as outright attacking, but I guess they will become apprehensive ...

I don't know at exactly which point they just stop visiting. Hopefully that happens before they actually go hostile.

-Stigma

faltonico

Hello!
Now that i have a new A17 colony i have a small present for you:
Something failed when spawning visitors: Spawned visitors without GuestComp.
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.CheckVisitorsValid (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 visitors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.SpawnGroup (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:SpawnGroup(IncidentParms, Map)
Hospitality.<>c__DisplayClassb:<TryExecute>b__9()
Verse.DiaOption:Activate()
Verse.DiaOption:OptOnGUI(Rect, Boolean)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DrawNode(Rect)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

It happened when the outside temp was -27°C, a dialog screen appeared asking me if i would protect the guests (or something like that) i chose to protect them and they did not spawn and another error appeared:

Spawn group
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:SpawnGroup(IncidentParms, Map)
Hospitality.<>c__DisplayClassb:<TryExecute>b__9()
Verse.DiaOption:Activate()
Verse.DiaOption:OptOnGUI(Rect, Boolean)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DrawNode(Rect)
Verse.Dialog_NodeTree:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Using v1.17g.

Orion

@bolbies: Hm. I'm out of ideas why this would happen. I would say some conflicting mod, since it's not circumstances and others are not getting that error.

@faltonico: It's a failsafe to see if invalid visitors were spawned. Some other mod causes the game to spawn visitors without guest components.

faltonico

Thanks for the answer!.
So it is probably a faction mod? i have a lot of them Dx

Orion

Most likely, yeah. The ones based on the Alien Races Framework should work fine, I use some of them too.

faltonico

Quote from: Orion on July 19, 2017, 04:14:55 AM
Most likely, yeah. The ones based on the Alien Races Framework should work fine, I use some of them too.
The ones i am using that are not using the Alien Race Framework are Talons, Cesarstwo Wschodnie, Star wars (only factions) and the ones from Rimsenal.
The ones using the framework are Asari, Orassans, Xen and Crystalloids.

I guess i'll have to live with the fact that that error happens sometimes (There is no way i'm guessing which one is it xD).

Good job on the changes made in A17 btw =D

Orion

You can narrow it down further. "Faction only" mods shouldn't be the problem either.

thesoupiest

i feel like an exception should be made for visitations within the first two quadrums. It seems a little unfair for people visiting three offworlders who crashlanded in the wilderness a few days ago to expect lavish accommodations and "have enough of them" after one visit.

Orion

Well they don't, they come with "Extremely low expectations" which gives +20 to their moods. Also their required score to be satisfied is lowered at the beginning of the game.
Also you can send them away again immediately (although then you forfeit a chance on a positive score).

NoImageAvailable

Technical question, is there any kind of check in place for what gifts visitors can bring, based on tech level or otherwise? With CE I just had a tribal visitor carrying 2 90mm shells for a flak cannon.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tenshi~Akari

I'm running across a small issue... well, mid-sized more like it.

Sometimes, a guest pawn from the visiting caravan will be stuck "standing", and caught in an endless loop w/ my own pawns attempting to charm them. Even to the point where half my colony has decided to swarm the visitor all at once, and literally everyone is stuck until something happens to the visitor. (Whether it's getting downed or passing out from exhaustion). There aren't any errors coming up, and I don't have any mods enabled that add any additional factions, so I'm kind of wondering if a recent change in the update has anything to do with this happening every now and again?

Canute

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 21, 2017, 08:27:18 PM
Technical question, is there any kind of check in place for what gifts visitors can bring, based on tech level or otherwise? With CE I just had a tribal visitor carrying 2 90mm shells for a flak cannon.
Normaly they do, tribals carry herbal medicin then regular medicin.
If the 90mm shells appear at them, then you should mention this at CE they forget to give them the proper tech tag.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Canute on July 22, 2017, 12:59:18 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 21, 2017, 08:27:18 PM
Normaly they do, tribals carry herbal medicin then regular medicin.
If the 90mm shells appear at them, then you should mention this at CE they forget to give them the proper tech tag.

I'm not asking whether this problem exists with the base mod, I'm asking specifically what form the check (if any exists) takes so I know how to implement the fix for CE.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Orion

@NIA: Guests will bring gifts with tech levels up to their own tech level +1.
The reasoning is that factions should generally have access to slightly higher level tech objects via gathering, raiding or trading and may specifically choose those as diplomatic gifts.

@Tenshi: I wouldn't know what's going on there. I have been mucking about with the process of charming in the previous updates to get all the errors out.
You could probably use the down tool from the developer menu to snap stuck colonists out of it.
If it happens regularly, we'll have to dig deeper.