[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: Orion on December 04, 2017, 09:14:26 AM
Christmas (?) Update
1.18d - 4.12.2017
- Fix: Guests will not steal consumables anymore
- Fix: Guests will properly pay for tee, coffee, etc. if it's in their shopping area
- New: Guests will now help with work if they feel like it

This is really neat Orion, thanks :)

Orion

Christmas (?) Update Hotfix
1.18d - 5.12.2017
- Hotfix: Reservation errors

If you have already downloaded version 1.18d, please do so again, to not get various reservation errors in the console.

h1tmanc

Although I really like the idea of this mod, my only problem with it is the fact that you have to house and accommodate 10-20 visitors early on when you have just started your colony and are struggling to even look after your own people, which sucks when they are the only friendly faction and your failure to accommodate them results in a high relationship loss penalty. I have had to turn it off until my colony is more capable.

Canute

Very curious, i never got 10-20 visitors at early games.
Mostly around 2-6 visitors, and visitors from early colonies don't await too much. But bed's you should have for them.

Don't forget a happy visitors leave gift's, more visitors more gifts.
And if you realy don't want visitors or if they are too many in your opintion use the "send visitors away" button at the guest tab. They leave without some bad thoughts.

h1tmanc

Quote from: Canute on December 06, 2017, 02:18:23 AM
Very curious, i never got 10-20 visitors at early games.
Mostly around 2-6 visitors, and visitors from early colonies don't await too much. But bed's you should have for them.

Don't forget a happy visitors leave gift's, more visitors more gifts.
And if you realy don't want visitors or if they are too many in your opintion use the "send visitors away" button at the guest tab. They leave without some bad thoughts.
Ah true, it slipped my mind to send them away actually.

bigheadzach

Though if Dec 25th is getting near and you get two tribals (a man and his wife) and an a donkey, think twice about assigning them to your animal herding zone and calling it good.

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: bigheadzach on December 06, 2017, 09:19:10 AM
Though if Dec 25th is getting near and you get two tribals (a man and his wife) and an a donkey, think twice about assigning them to your animal herding zone and calling it good.

Haha haha haha haha he, this is perfect

Wraithling

Orion, I just encountered the following problem:

Some friendlies were passing through my base, they encountered some mechanoids and in the ensuring battle one of their guys got downed which I later rescued.

Soon afterwards a group of people from the same faction arrived as visitors. They walked towards my base in their usual slow pace, but once they reached my home area, I immediately get a message "They are awfully dissapointed with their stay -35 relations" and they carried their downed guy away.

Is this a vanilla problem?

Orion

Kinda. Vanilla dictates this behavior and tells the guests that their stay is over.

Pez

Question:  I had some visitors, and they started researching for me.  I tried doing a search to see if this is vanilla behavior for visitors, but found no info.  Is this something Hospitality is causing?

[EDIT] Never mind, I just say the "New: Guests will now help with work if they feel like it."

Thanks for the great mod.  It's one of my "must have's" for any play through.

Wraithling

Yeah, guests helping with work is a nice new feature  :D 

I've seen a guest trying to harvest my corn field and that got me worried.. he only had a 6 in growing so what if he messed up my harvest?? But luckily he never failed a single harvest  :o

Canute

Solong they don't leave tons of unfinished object's or food poisned meal's because a lvl 1 guest cook wanted to cook some.
Looks like it is more important to adjust the skill requirement sliders correct now.

Orion

Not really, cause they won't do it if they can't do it. It can still turn out poor, though, cause guests are usually not so ridiculously over skilled as colonists ;)

Orion

Update
1.18f - 16.12.2017
- Tweak: Added minimum goodwill and hospitality rating for guests to help player
- Fix: Therapy mod issue
- Fix: Letter arrow now points to trader if possible
- Fix: If the guest spot is not valid, guests get removed again
- New: Added mod settings
- Fix: Removed guest flag (was obsolete for a long time already)

Canute

Quote- Fix: Letter arrow now points to trader if possible
*applaud*