[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Fappington

Iwillbenicetou

1. Is it ok if I deleted some of the sounds? I don't like some of them.
2. Where do you get these sounds?!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Lord Fappington

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 26, 2015, 12:48:17 PM

1.  If you delete the sounds you will get error throws that might crash the game-- there is a no sound version (sound files are replaced with mute noises) in the dropbox if you prefer to not have sounds. 

If you wanted to keep some but not others you could mix and match the sound folder files from each downloads I suppose.

2.  I made all the sounds from free sound clips (heh, no thats not my voice  :P)-- if you're interested Audacity is a pretty cool and free program to do mashups and makeups of new sounds.  I'd be happy to help others on their mods if there is a sound component.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Igabod

Quote from: Lord Fappington on January 26, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

1.  If you delete the sounds you will get error throws that might crash the game-- there is a no sound version (sound files are replaced with mute noises) in the dropbox if you prefer to not have sounds. 

If you wanted to keep some but not others you could mix and match the sound folder files from each downloads I suppose.

2.  I made all the sounds from free sound clips (heh, no thats not my voice  :P)-- if you're interested Audacity is a pretty cool and free program to do mashups and makeups of new sounds.  I'd be happy to help others on their mods if there is a sound component.

If you've got the spare time would you mind doing some sounds for the new animals in the Biodiversity mod? Right now all of them sound way wrong since they're using the same sounds as the default animals, so dogs and wolves sound an awful lot like squirrels. I don't remember which sounds in particular I used for the others, but with the dogs and wolves it's super obvious that it's the wrong sound.

Lord Fappington

Quote from: Igabod on January 26, 2015, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: Lord Fappington on January 26, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

sure!

If you've got the spare time would you mind doing some sounds for the new animals in the Biodiversity mod? Right now all of them sound way wrong since they're using the same sounds as the default animals, so dogs and wolves sound an awful lot like squirrels. I don't remember which sounds in particular I used for the others, but with the dogs and wolves it's super obvious that it's the wrong sound.

Dragoon

How can you tell if the lovemaking gave them a bonus? (Do they need a sexual trait for it to be good?)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Lord Fappington

Quote from: Dragoon on January 26, 2015, 03:50:48 PM
How can you tell if the lovemaking gave them a bonus? (Do they need a sexual trait for it to be good?)

Currently it doesn't; I've hit a weeklong snafu where I couldn't link the jobdriver (rimworld c# lingo) to the trait.  Its very similar to the way Green Thumb works.  In order to do it I need the Green Thumb sourcecode, because I can't decompile it from the core sourcecode DLL.  I wanted to let people play with it while I wait for someone to help me with that final workaround.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

kelle123456

Hehe they should be able to fap...
And do stuff.....Hehe!
(Fap fap fap)

Lord Fappington

Quote from: kelle123456 on January 30, 2015, 06:39:09 PM
Hehe they should be able to fap...
And do stuff.....Hehe!
(Fap fap fap)

They can!  Test it out!  Working on linking traits to make em functional tonight

Lord Fappington

Quote from: Igabod on January 26, 2015, 02:17:57 PM

I've made your sounds, check em out

Download from Dropbox

dareddevil7

this has to be the strangest thing i've ever noticed, there are no nude mods for rimworld... very strange indeed

Lord Fappington

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 31, 2015, 06:11:56 PM
this has to be the strangest thing i've ever noticed, there are no nude mods for rimworld... very strange indeed

you could just RP and refuse to add clothes to anyone...

dareddevil7

the fact that when a pawn faps it gives them a negative thought it makes me unsure whether I want to have the lovemaking job on