Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious

Started by RickyMartini, January 28, 2016, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

It's almost like This War of Mine, isn't it? A13 will have many people cross their WTF Threshold many times.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shurp

Quote from: mumblemumble on February 22, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
going straight into my incineration room. Yeah,  i still use the stone vault with clothing on the floor / molotov setup. Not only does it incinerate bodies extremely well,  it consumes no power,  and gives the rest of the base a good heat boost once the room gets around 1000 f.

And Rimworld's first concentration camp gas oven is born.

Godwin's Law!  I win!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

A Friend

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 22, 2016, 09:45:19 PM
It's almost like This War of Mine, isn't it? A13 will have many people cross their WTF Threshold many times.

That would actually be a cool experience. But I doubt it'll be as dramatic as Depression Simulator 2014 TWM. I would really love to see how the relations play out. I want it to give me a reason to feel attached to my characters like XCOM 2.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

JimmyAgnt007

March Is Coming...

Relations, no matter how well they are done, will only be the first draft.  We play it, poke holes in it, and things get fixed.  It will be interesting to see how it works out and I look forward not only to it but what it evolves into.  Tynan isnt known for holding back so it will be fun.

LeoTessa

Le me wondering

Your child is 5 years old (you da mvp player) and the parent has... 1570...

"Dad what was it like back where you came from?"

"Dunno ive been sleeping for centuries"

praguepride

I hate to say it but Dwarf Fortress and Crusader Kings I & II already treaded the "hilarious/dark/awful" territory. There is even the various "s***Xsays" threads on reddit where you have CK2 players asking "how can I kill my kids?" and "why can't I marry my daughter" while dwarf fortress "min/max" play involves forcibly separating parents from their kids so that you can put them through "baby danger room" training so they emerge puberty as battle scarred legendary combatants.

I said it before and I'll say it again, programming "PC" is more work then just letting this stuff go through. Tynan builds systems and players can use or abuse them as they see fit. If people are SUPER OUTRAGED BECAUSE OF BABY MURDER SIMULATOR...just point them at the other simulation games that have this stuff going on. CK2, by design, has brothers marrying their 16yr old sisters. Pediphilia AND incest.

If people get super upset they can always create "PG" mods for the game. No more harvesting captured raiders for organs, no more slavery, no more cannibalism...

StorymasterQ

Programming PC, did you say? I've always programmed PC. I've never owned a Mac, you see.

...BADUMTSH?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

magicbush

Quote from: Produno on January 29, 2016, 05:06:36 AM
Any gays in my colony will be shot :). Im not homophobic but as already pointed out, why does everything have to have its token gay couple. I dont think Tynan intended it to be like that so this is more of a reply to others in this thread.

Theres plenty of stuff i used to watch on tv and now dont because of this. If its something people want to engage in then each to their own but why do they have to force everyone else to be a part of it.

Hah I was thinking that and I agree its not needed, especially in a small colony the odds would be very slim with only around 1-5% of the world actually being homosexual. At least in this game we have a lot of options to remedy the situation lol.

*edit* Sorry just saw the post by a mod saying not to talk about that so edited my post.

Daman453

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

porcupine

Quote from: Daman453 on February 28, 2016, 02:54:09 PM
Why not publish alpha 13 now?  :'(

Because everybody knows it's coming out Tuesday! :)

RickyMartini

Quote from: Daman453 on February 28, 2016, 02:54:09 PM
Why not publish alpha 13 now?  :'(

Because a13 should be well prepared before served.

jzero

I feel like we should just rename this thread "post about random crap and occasionally argue" because I think that is the point we have reached
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Kaballah

Cannibalism and making hats out out of human skin: AWESOME GAME!!!  8) 8) 8)
Gay people: OMG EWWWW  :o :o :o :o

We haven't really come too far as a species have we

mcduff

Quote from: Kaballah on February 29, 2016, 06:58:28 AM

Apparently not. This thread has been an incredibly disappointing read.

Toggle

Quote from: mcduff on February 29, 2016, 09:58:06 AM
Quote from: Kaballah on February 29, 2016, 06:58:28 AM

Apparently not. This thread has been an incredibly disappointing read.
Shouldn't be very disappointing, it's just blatant trolls.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.