[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Mister Orion, do you have a thread that we can post on about Therapy and More Mechanoids, or would it be okay to do here? I'm quite interested in the Therapy mod. For it, is there a new work type for the therapist? If so, will he just go sit in the therapy room and wait for someone to come by? Or will he only go there if he has an "appointment"? Also, if he does just sit in there all day, will other pawns just randomly stop by, if there is a therapist working, and the pawn has a big enough timed mood debuff? Does the therapist need to be "working" on their schedule, but a pawn that gets the therapy session need to be in a "joy/anything" for this time slot in their schedule?

I guess what I am asking for, is could you elaborate a little bit more on how all of this works, and/or maybe any common mistakes people make trying to set this up at first? Thanks!

Also, I hope you don't mind me discussing your other mods on here, and if you don't want to then I understand, it's no problem. Either way, thank you for all of your hard work, you can tell that you really put in some effort to make things very nice. I really appreciate it!

Ruisuki

Harry_Dicks

There is both Therapy and Rim Disorders. Therapy was made by Orion, though.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Orion on February 15, 2018, 04:27:05 AM
Uh, you're welcome, I guess!

Sure, I'm curious what you make, drop a link here :)
On Steam there are 180.000 subscribers to this mod, so I guess it's still being used... no idea how many of those are active players, though.

Just in case SrGrafo doesn't/didn't see you ask for the link....  https://rimworldme.tumblr.com/

Have had it bookmarked for a long time now, great comic!

Orion

Ah, thanks for the link!

I guess it's okay to discuss my other mods here. I don't think anyone will mind.

Therapists have to be working / anything and patients have to be joy / anything.
If someone feels the need for a session they will lie down on the couch and wait for a therapist to come by.
There are no appointments or anything like that since I wanted to keep it simple. Therapist is a new work type.

mrm

Hey, I have a problem/bug with "no enough guest beds" -7 debuff. Until now it was working fine, but it broke after I moved my prisoner to the other room and set prison beds as guest beds because i needed more guest beds for incoming guests. I was using prison beds as guest beds before, and also few of the medical beds if needed - all was working good, as soon as I set the beds, my incoming guests instantly changed their "beds" mood detecting the beds from far away. But now my guest are sleeping in the cornfield and have a bunch of mood debuff, they left with "they had enough of my hospitality" popup. I thought it will fix itself when new guest will come, but no. I also tried reloading the game without any success.

/edit

Sorry my bad! I forgot I removed the prison from their area of accommodation so they wont recruit MY prisoner to THEIR faction. Speaking of bugs, i got one here. If my guest recruit my prisoner, i get a popup about a new recruit, but its their recruit, not mine. So why we don't change something here?

Kori

I just noticed that the beds from the clutter mod can't be turned into guest beds. Clicking the button does nothing while beds from other mods work fine.
Is there something I can add to the XML to make them compatible?

Orion

@mrm: Yeah it's a known bug and I'll look into it once I find the time again. Got 3 jobs and modding ain't one of them.

@Kori: That's pretty odd. You could compare the clutter bed xml with a bed that does work and see what's different about them. If you tell me the differences, I can probably tell you what's causing the problem.

Harry_Dicks

I need to say this first: it's been about 9~10 weeks since I've had a regular RimWorld game, and I've only done test runs, but I honestly cannot remember if guests can ever stay the night at your base without Hospitality, but I'm pretty sure that they won't, and "guest beds" only come from this mod. If I'm wrong, then my apologies :)

Quote from: Kori on February 18, 2018, 02:45:10 PM
I just noticed that the beds from the clutter mod can't be turned into guest beds. Clicking the button does nothing while beds from other mods work fine.
Is there something I can add to the XML to make them compatible?
Is there an error that can pop for this? Is there a possibility that the graphics/RGB alpha mask stuff is just using the same colors as a regular bed? Because I am about 95% sure I have seen some mods will use custom graphics for the different settings of beds. A whole new texture for regular, prisoner, hospital, or prisoner hospital bed. But guest bed only comes from Hospitality, so that means any modder that does this probably won't have a texture for guest beds.

Or is it actually impossible for guests to use the bed? I suppose you could test it, when say a group of 4 or whatever guests come. Can't you have, say, 3 guest beds, and then 1 or all of the guests will get a mood debuff for not enough beds? Maybe see if it still doesn't remove the debuff when you make one of Clutter's beds into a guest bed.

Quote from: Orion on February 19, 2018, 02:43:41 AM
@Kori: That's pretty odd. You could compare the clutter bed xml with a bed that does work and see what's different about them. If you tell me the differences, I can probably tell you what's causing the problem.
I haven't looked myself, but do you have to apply a patch to a bed base abstract def to make all beds be able to be turned into guest beds? I was thinking you did something like that, so that beds added in by mods can still be changed into guest beds as well. If that's the case, is there a chance that Clutter isn't inheriting from the same defs that you are applying this patch to?

EDIT: Also, something I was thinking about, that I think could be some nice quality of life additions, if you were to consider ever adding them :)
Make it so that guests have a designated spot to leave their gifts, sort of like a "guest stockpile". Or you could let any guests drop of their stuff in your regular stockpiles? That might not work because they would have to carry everything there. Maybe, we can have a designated area that guests will do a "pitstop" at on their way out, and drop all of their goods there. This way, I don't have to always go back to the guest bed rooms to see what the guest dropped. Or even worse, it gets dropped in some weird and/or far off corner of the base/map. It then has the chance of deteriorating outside, rotting, or whatever without me noticing.

Could we have the ability to let guests not "help" with any work around the base that will require them to put their name on something they crafted? This means, no more half finished apparel, weapons, or artwork. I would have to always adjust my guest allowed zones to fix this. This meant that in more workshops I could allow the guests into some areas but not others. Either way, this one isn't as important :)

Finally, I know you said that this wasn't the idea behind the mod, but in my opinion, I think others would like the ability to be able to turn down the maximum group size to whatever they would like, as well.

Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

Canute

It isn't that all clutter bed's can't be a guest bed, only a few don't got the option/button to turn them into guest beds.
Thats why i think it's a mistake of mrofa and his bed's and not hospitality.

Orion

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 19, 2018, 07:52:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that they won't, and "guest beds" only come from this mod.
That's correct.

Is there an error that can pop for this? Is there a possibility that the graphics/RGB alpha mask stuff is just using the same colors as a regular bed? Because I am about 95% sure I have seen some mods will use custom graphics for the different settings of beds. A whole new texture for regular, prisoner, hospital, or prisoner hospital bed. But guest bed only comes from Hospitality, so that means any modder that does this probably won't have a texture for guest beds.
This is possible. Maybe the mod does some fancy stuff with beds to give them different looks based on their type. This will naturally clash with guest beds.

I haven't looked myself, but do you have to apply a patch to a bed base abstract def to make all beds be able to be turned into guest beds? I was thinking you did something like that, so that beds added in by mods can still be changed into guest beds as well. If that's the case, is there a chance that Clutter isn't inheriting from the same defs that you are applying this patch to?
It's more complicated than that. Hospitality actually creates variations of all loaded beds that can then be hot-swapped when the button is clicked. But indeed, should the def be different, this wouldn't work. On the other hand, it is practically impossible to create a bed from a different base def because beds are hardcoded so strongly into the game.

Make it so that guests have a designated spot to leave their gifts, sort of like a "guest stockpile". Or you could let any guests drop of their stuff in your regular stockpiles? That might not work because they would have to carry everything there. Maybe, we can have a designated area that guests will do a "pitstop" at on their way out, and drop all of their goods there. This way, I don't have to always go back to the guest bed rooms to see what the guest dropped. Or even worse, it gets dropped in some weird and/or far off corner of the base/map. It then has the chance of deteriorating outside, rotting, or whatever without me noticing.
This is one of the cases where the amount of work to accomplish it outweighs the result so far that I won't even consider implementing it.

Could we have the ability to let guests not "help" with any work around the base that will require them to put their name on something they crafted? This means, no more half finished apparel, weapons, or artwork. I would have to always adjust my guest allowed zones to fix this. This meant that in more workshops I could allow the guests into some areas but not others. Either way, this one isn't as important :)
This one is actually on my list because it bothers so many people.

Finally, I know you said that this wasn't the idea behind the mod, but in my opinion, I think others would like the ability to be able to turn down the maximum group size to whatever they would like, as well.
Yeah, I'm sure you might find some people who wouldn't mind. But I also think I'd be able to find the same amount of people who would turn it down, exploit it, and then complain that it's possible  ::)

This is all good feedback, so, thanks!

Kori

Thanks for your replies, I've found what was causing the incompatibility with clutter beds.
They use <thingClass>Clutter_Furniture.Beds</thingClass>
I've changed it to <thingClass>Building_Bed</thingClass> and now it works. :)

wwWraith

Quote from: Orion on February 19, 2018, 10:47:50 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you might find some people who wouldn't mind. But I also think I'd be able to find the same amount of people who would turn it down, exploit it, and then complain that it's possible  ::)

You can make this setting available only in dev or god mode, then these people won't have a right to complain ;)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on February 19, 2018, 12:05:37 PM
Quote from: Orion on February 19, 2018, 10:47:50 AM

You can make this setting available only in dev or god mode, then these people won't have a right to complain ;)
;D

Last I'll say of it, I promise. But we can cheat pretty much anything else we want in the game, and tailor anything to our satisfaction, plus it's already in the options but with a limit, so why this arbitrary restriction? That's rhetorical, because I know you've said why already :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 19, 2018, 11:01:15 AM
Thanks for your replies, I've found what was causing the incompatibility with clutter beds.
They use <thingClass>Clutter_Furniture.Beds</thingClass>
I've changed it to <thingClass>Building_Bed</thingClass> and now it works. :)

Glad it worked out for you :)

Looking at Clutter Furniture, he does have a new independent texture for each bed. Well, most of them it at least looked like from quickly browsing over it.

I think beds normally only have one texture, can't remember.