[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

When noone can hold a sermon, then noone got enough sanity.
You should let someone research the repeating cult thing, until you can assign him to hold sermons.

QuickSave

Hello! I've got a weird problem with Vampires mod. When I start a new game with a Vampire amongst my colonists (either with the in-built scenario or by manually adding one), right after he attempts to feed on one of the colonists the following happens:

1. He/she successfully feeds and gains 1 unit of vitae.
2. He/she gets stuck in one place with a designated command to move somewhere else but fails to move indefinitely.
3. In the debug log I see the following message at the very bottom:

QuoteException ticking Fox: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
  at System.Nullable`1[System.Single].get_Value () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.UpdateColonistStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CheckStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

So... I'm kind of at a loss here, I have no idea how to fix that. At that point, I lose all of the control over this particular character - conscription stops working, work priorities stop working and the Exception ticking continues indefinitely.

I use a whole bunch of mods and to alleviate it I tried to place Vampire mod at the very end of the load order, but that doesn't help me fix the problem. I also tried to trickle down the total number of mods to around 100 (which is still gargantuan, I 100% understand that, but I really wanted to play with vampires enabled and all these other dumb things I'm using).

Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Edit: Disabling Colonists Bar KF seems to fixed the problem? Fuck me, I have no idea how these two managed to conflict. I guess one thing to take away from this is that Rim of Madness - Vampires is incompatible with Colonist Bar KF.  :(

jecrell

Quote from: QuickSave on December 16, 2017, 01:40:53 PM
Hello! I've got a weird problem with Vampires mod. When I start a new game with a Vampire amongst my colonists (either with the in-built scenario or by manually adding one), right after he attempts to feed on one of the colonists the following happens:

1. He/she successfully feeds and gains 1 unit of vitae.
2. He/she gets stuck in one place with a designated command to move somewhere else but fails to move indefinitely.
3. In the debug log I see the following message at the very bottom:

QuoteException ticking Fox: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
  at System.Nullable`1[System.Single].get_Value () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.UpdateColonistStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CheckStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

So... I'm kind of at a loss here, I have no idea how to fix that. At that point, I lose all of the control over this particular character - conscription stops working, work priorities stop working and the Exception ticking continues indefinitely.

I use a whole bunch of mods and to alleviate it I tried to place Vampire mod at the very end of the load order, but that doesn't help me fix the problem. I also tried to trickle down the total number of mods to around 100 (which is still gargantuan, I 100% understand that, but I really wanted to play with vampires enabled and all these other dumb things I'm using).

Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Edit: Disabling Colonists Bar KF seems to fixed the problem? Fuck me, I have no idea how these two managed to conflict. I guess one thing to take away from this is that Rim of Madness - Vampires is incompatible with Colonist Bar KF.  :(

We did fix this issue for B18! So enjoy your Colonist Bars again!
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

It has been quite a while Ludeon forum folks. I must admit, I primarily spend most of my time in the Discord channel doing frequent updates. The amount of issues that arose in Vampires between A17 and B18 was incredible to say the least. Most things have been ironed out and I'm happy to announce the official B18 releases.

In other words...
DOWNLOADS AND GITHUB LINKS NOW AVAILABLE FOR B18

Also, not to be rude folks, but I rarely if ever check the forum posts for issues. Please make use of our Discord server to post issues and get fast feedback.

You can reach me fastest here, in the Rim of Madness Discord:
https://discord.gg/AaVFA7V
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

asquirrel

Hey Jecrell!

How do I reach you on discord?  I set up an account and had it verified.  Are you going to fix the loss of sanity for people who just run your monster mod? More than a few of my pawns are have the initial loss of sanity under health which never seems to go away but doesn't seem to cause any ability drain (at least none that I'm aware of).  Thanks!

Harry_Dicks

Holy hell I can't wait to try all these mods out, thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Quick question - can you use the straitjacket on a guest (might be from Hospitality?) that is going on a pyromaniac fire starting spree?

Canute

If he don't change anything at B18, you can force visitors or caravan member into straitjacket.
But this is more an exploid i think, since it drop the armor from the one who get fored into the jacket.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

soshp

Probe Occult Deities is Completed, IE nonrepeatable.
What is the best way to figure out what mod conflict is causing the issue?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

QuoteProbe Occult Deities is Completed, IE nonrepeatable.
Ok, i didn't used them at B18 yet,
but you are sure it need to be repeatable ?
Did you check if you can't hold sermon' to all deitys ?

Jonnymaxed

Hey JC... Hopefully you can take a look at this: at the start of the game, when a vampire feeds on a person, this happens:

http://prntscr.com/hszr8h
(everything replaced by a greyish overlay and all pawns stop moving)

There arent any errors in the log when it happens which is very annoying. I have some other mods and here's the list:
Initializing new game with mods Core, HugsLib, JecsTools-1.0.8.4, Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults, Call-of-Cthulhu---Cosmic Horrors, Call-of-Cthulhu---Factions, Call-of-Cthulhu---Industrial-Age, AllowTool,
EdBPrepareCarefully, GeneticRim-b18-2.401, Miscellaneous_Core, Miscellaneous_Robots, Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension,
More Furniture, Psychology, RBSE - Lite Edition 1.8, Rimsenal, Rimsenal_Federation, Rimsenal_Feral, Rimsenal_Hair, Rimsenal_Security, Rimsenal_Storyteller, Rimsenal_Vanilla,
TradingEconomy V2.0, WhileYoureUp, ED-Embrasures, ED-TurretControl, and Rim-of-Madness---Vampires

I have tried loading in different ways and nothing helps, this always happens :(.

I found the solution - the psychology mod is causing this. I don't know why or how but vampires plus that aren't compatible.

Nevermind, it doesnt work again.

soshp

Quote from: Canute on December 27, 2017, 03:40:41 AM
QuoteProbe Occult Deities is Completed, IE nonrepeatable.
Ok, i didn't used them at B18 yet,
but you are sure it need to be repeatable ?
Did you check if you can't hold sermon' to all deitys ?

Yes Sir. Deity list says "None" on the alter.

Canute

Too bad,
but if you want a fast answer from the author you should ask him at his discord channel, he rarely visit the forum.

Canute

Does anyone use Straitjackets with B18 ?
Does you got problems to force other into Straitjackets?

SpaceDorf

I'll try

=== EDIT ===

I made one and tried to put it on a pawn.

Some pawn followed the chosen one saying he will put the straightjacket on.
Once he reached the pawn he dropped the jacket.

Does this happen to you as well ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.