RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 10, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on July 10, 2014, 09:47:17 AM
QuoteWorlds are now generated separately from individual maps, so you can now play multiple games in the same world.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Awesome
This maybe one step to visiting old colonys.

I'm not sure. Generation seeds wouldn't generate buildings made afterwards, though, would they?

I said: One step.
Prasie the Squirrel!

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 10, 2014, 02:57:08 PM
I would sell 2/3 starting colonists as slaves in order to get a 'hunting zone' which marked any animal inside it for hunting.

Or the ability to set turrets to autofire on all animals.

Or just a scarecrow or something.

Need a way to protect my crops. The squirrel population is going nuts.
If turrets fired on all animals, you might experience a lot more friendly fire incidents. Friendly fire, incidentally, is a major problem, and I think the colonists and turrets need to be prevented from shooting if someone is in the way. Or at least the option to hold fire should be there, but that's another discussion.

Another way to give squirrels something to chew on is raider meat... Or at least at one point raider meat was perfectly delicious to them. I experimented with this briefly. RimWorld fauna is fascinating, although I've suspected terrestrial squirrels to be secretly carnivorous predators as well.

balao1975

I don't know if this is the right place... so herer it goes: I freakin hate the siege add on!!! How impossible is it if you have 3 or 4 colonists and they come with 6 or 7 and sandbag themselfs? I would really apreciate some further thought on this topic. Oh yeah and our mortars/artillery misses the state of texas!!!!

Dr. Z

Quote from: balao1975 on July 11, 2014, 10:32:58 AM
I don't know if this is the right place... so herer it goes: I freakin hate the siege add on!!! How impossible is it if you have 3 or 4 colonists and they come with 6 or 7 and sandbag themselfs? I would really apreciate some further thought on this topic. Oh yeah and our mortars/artillery misses the state of texas!!!!

You have one sniper from start on, when drafted you can press F to view the range of the weapon. Equip your best shooter with the weapon and go just as near as necessary to target one enemy or artillery. They won't come after you but go in defensive positions where they can't shoot at you, exept for the enemy snipers of course so you need to eliminate them first.
Prasie the Squirrel!

balao1975

Quote from: Dr. Z on July 11, 2014, 01:42:46 PM
I guess that could work. The problem is that the mortars detroy me in the meantime. It does feel a little bit like cheating because it's taking advantage of poor IA... but thanks for the advice.
You have one sniper from start on, when drafted you can press F to view the range of the weapon. Equip your best shooter with the weapon and go just as near as necessary to target one enemy or artillery. They won't come after you but go in defensive positions where they can't shoot at you, exept for the enemy snipers of course so you need to eliminate them first.

Untrustedlife

I have a huge urge to correct all of your typos...

Calm down.
Use Snipers.

Tynan, I have an idea (and I know this is the wrong place) you should maybe add drugs, they would improve mood but sometimes have negative effects.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Nibiru1221

Hello.. I'm new to the game and also this forum but after playing for about a week and seeing the type game this is, then I am 'SOOooo HAPPY' I found it... I totally love Rimworld for all it is and will become. If I new how to make games then it's very near the type game I'd have wanted to make. The one thing I was thinking it needed was seeded maps and I just read over the recent updates to the Change Log.. and see they are coming in the next patch. This is wonderful news. Thank You so much for that!!

I seem to have the worst of luck in getting good maps. The ones that have multiple and close together steam vents. I also like building into mountains and find mountains to be somewhat rare in most maps? So I tend to create new maps over and over until I find a good one.

Any ideas when the next game version will come out?

StorymasterQ

The best one for me from the July 11 Changelog is this:

* Added a button to force a power-using applicance to connect to a different powernet, for situations where an applicate has connected to a pillar or something but has other power nearby.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

milon

I really want to know more about this:  :D

Quote from: changelogStarted refactoring squad brain to work using a graph of states and transitions.

What's squad brain?  Does it control drafted colonists?  Raiders?  Both?
How does it currently work?  How are states/transitions different?

Garen

Tynan, a question regarding plans for colonist mood

is it going to be that colonists will eventually become as mentally stable as raiders, or viceversa

by this i mean, *though raiders flee they never go insane themselves, or at least are sound enough to live outside and slaughter groups of people, and not go insane

or can we have raiders actually make a small hut out of log walls to sleep in.

Garen

also love the idea that the psychic drones affect specific genders, (what has feminism/chauvinism done?!)

muffins

QuoteJuly 16

Various tunings and bugfixes.
    Added iguana.
    Psychic drone event is back. It now affects one randomly-chosen gender.
    Storyteller challenge scale is now separate from storyteller choice. Phoebe Friendly is now Billie Basebuilder and is distinguished by long intervals between threats (her threats can still be huge if your challenge scale is set high).
    Siegers now go into assault mode after taking a certain percentage of losses or losing all artillery.
    Sieging artillery will now sometimes attack random colony buildings, not just the closest colonist (to reduce exploitability).
    Amount of local rain depends on rainfall in your worldsquare.
    Added biome info button to world viewer.
    Made a second oak tree graphic variant.

I have an image in my head of Tynan sitting at a pair of computers, using one hand to type code into each computer simultaneously, while wearing shades.

Garen

added deer

Its HAPPENING!

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Garen

'started implemanting traits system'

it appears i used the its happening too early