[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDarin

Umm... I guess I'm not sure. I know I've seen it occurs between two people of the same class (snipers teaching snipers and fire mages teaching fire mages), but I hadn't paid close enough attention to say for certain whether it only happens between the same class or if it happens across classes.

Toketsu

Quote from: WolfCaptain Blade on June 10, 2018, 09:29:34 PM
Does that only happen if one is a full mage and the other is an initiate or they are both the same mage style or something?
It happens between any mage with any mage (both must be specialized in one magic type, and not purely be "magically gifted"). It occurs when they pass by eachother, similar to a normal chat social occurrence, and the lowest level mage will gain exp upon happening.

raveagle

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but my undead wild boar is pregnant. The father is another undead wild boar.

Jan2607

How does the enchanting work? I noticed that I can craft Gems and my mages can equip them (however, they don't show up in inventory, when equipped). But what's next?

WolfCaptain Blade

Quote from: raveagle on June 11, 2018, 12:46:33 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but my undead wild boar is pregnant. The father is another undead wild boar.

Life..uhhh..finds a way.

Toketsu

Quote from: Jan2607 on June 11, 2018, 02:41:28 PM
How does the enchanting work? I noticed that I can craft Gems and my mages can equip them (however, they don't show up in inventory, when equipped). But what's next?
Right click a piece of mage clothing or weapon on the ground (such as wanderer's cloak or robe of supremacy, or any wand/staff). Yes, it must be on the ground.

Jan2607

raveagle

Quote from: WolfCaptain Blade on June 11, 2018, 02:57:24 PM
Quote from: raveagle on June 11, 2018, 12:46:33 PM

Life..uhhh..finds a way.

Can't wait to see the child, is it dead or not.

EDIT: my pregnant undead wild boar gave birth to three perfectly healthy, perfectly alive wild boar children.

raveagle

And now my undead slave is considering defection.

Jan2607

Can I only write torn scripts with a might one of my colonists already has? So, if I don't have a priest, I can't write a priest torn script?

Jan2607

I told my Necromancer to write an unfinished Arcane Book, and the book disappeared. I thought, I would get a finished book that could be used by magically gifted pawns...

Canute

Happen to me too, maybe it was the wrong book for his class.
Spawn a torn script with the dev tools, and let him write there.
I mention this a bit ago that the should add the possible class to the description.

Torann

Latest update is available which adds the warlock and succubus classes and adds quite a few bug fixes / compatibility patches.
Enjoy!

Torann

Quote from: Toketsu on June 09, 2018, 04:25:39 PM
Here are some more ideas. I still didn't make the synnergy classes, but i'll get to that at some point. For now, take these (and the last post in case you missed it, page 50, reply #741):

I saw the earlier post, I like the idea of contracts/bonds... in fact, the Warlock and Succubus were already set up with an ability to make a soul bond.  Similar concept I think.
Questions:

Can you make skills/spells from scrolls only be learned if pawn has a specific mage or fighter level? If so, the survival instinct could be a pretty high level skill, for example.

Can you make spells that require another spell before they're available? Something akin to upgrading a spell. This could make spell scrolls more interesting to play with, allowing for several levels of specific spells, with different potency and costs.
I saw the earlier post and I like the idea of making pacts.  In fact, the warlock and succubus both can create a soul bond which is a similar concept I think.  The geomancer is on the list and would be a nice addition, maybe have it fill the role of terrain manipulation and building damage/defense.

Yes to the above questions.