Option for no ending

Started by Scorch, January 14, 2016, 02:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorch

Just a tick box that would disable all end game constructions. I like the idea of an endless world or at least until you die from something. So maybe make it an option? Either that or make a 'survival mode' thing where your only goal is to survive for as long as possible with no tools to use for an escape? Or maybe name it "Colonize mode" or something. Or just a simple little tick box to remove the stuff would suffice. Really enjoying the game so far though.

Fluffy (l2032)

ehm, you don't have to build the ship?

There's no other end conditions, so it's pretty much a survival mode as it is, unless you go for the really easy storytellers where it's more of a basebuilding sandbox...

Listen1

Yep, we can say it is already in a survival mode.

If you want something like "Wave mode" You have limeted time to adjust your colony and then start getting raided constantly, I believe there is a mod for that

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10976.0 (Haven't found a A12 version though)

JimmyAgnt007

My colony is about 15 years, launched one ship with 36 people and used dev mode to recruit the 5 prisoners i had to act as the 2nd generation.  So now im not bothering with a ship anymore and just having fun playing endless.  Got almost 40 people now (starting to get slowdown) so i might build another ship and launch anyone who isnt a psychopath into space.

Regret

Quote from: Scorch on January 14, 2016, 02:49:14 AM
Just a tick box that would disable all end game constructions. I like the idea of an endless world or at least until you die from something. So maybe make it an option? Either that or make a 'survival mode' thing where your only goal is to survive for as long as possible with no tools to use for an escape? Or maybe name it "Colonize mode" or something. Or just a simple little tick box to remove the stuff would suffice. Really enjoying the game so far though.
There are end game constructions?
I thought there was just the ship option, and that is not really an endgame unless you want it to be.
It might just be easier to change your perception than to change the game. Like avoiding cracks between tiles when walking on the sidewalk, your mind is creating the fun.

BetaSpectre

You can fire the ship and keep on playing, just don't send 100% of the people.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO