[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Quote from: Jaxxa on May 04, 2016, 07:05:55 PM
I have been asked and have granted permission for my mods to be used in the mod pack.

Also With ED-ClosableVent and ED-ReverseCycleCooler being disabled I am currently working on compatibility patches for the BetterCoolers and BetterVents mods.

Jaxxa let me know if theres anything you need me to do to make life easier on that point.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

crusader2010

Quote from: Igabod on May 04, 2016, 12:56:39 PM
Yeah, the original Embrasures mod had them working like sandbags that were impassable by pawns. The code has changed quite a bit since then though so I'm not sure if it's possible to do that again but you can check the original mod out to see what they did. I've attached it to this post.

Thanks for the share! It seems I have found the issue. It's CR's cover system. Any type of object that you want to shoot through needs to have at most <fillPercent>0.75</fillPercent>. I'm playing around with a value of 0.7 for that one at the moment and <altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>.

Apparently everything is working fine in this manner! Sniper rifles manage to hit people behind this cover most of the time, yet other burst weapons do hit the embrasures with some stray bullets from time to time. Sandbags have <fillPercent>0.65</fillPercent>, so it's worth it to use embrasures overall (thus the price should be increased a bit).

Is there a way to use "targetHitChanceFactor"(or any other tag) to make enemies on the other side of an embrasure have an increased chance of hitting the wall rather than what's behind it?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

TheGentlmen

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on May 04, 2016, 03:13:47 AM
Quote from: Gentz (/'jen(t)z/) on May 04, 2016, 12:57:54 AM
Quote from: StinkyFinger91

Stinky Fingers, Five Fingers...

My banned person sense is twitching.

I've said this before and i'll say it again: ban me if you wish. If it makes you feel powerful in your day-to-day life, then by all means. Silence my freedom of internet and speech all at once. It feels like China already! I will just make another account and stay silent, like I have for the last 2 years, until recently.
My finger, yes, identifies as "stinky." You must allow it into your society, no matter how socially unacceptable and inappropriate it may be. That's the trend these days, no?
And who's this "five fingers?" I've heard of Ninefingers and a few other awesome modders who've been banned, is he another? Hmm.
My curiosity sense is twitching.
I shall go now, never to be heard again like a wandering colonist in the middle of a Manhunting Warg pack. I will make a new account and wait for another ModVariety Pack or Ultimate Overhaul Pack to surface or be rebuilt. Good luck and fair seas!
If this is what you have to offer for "professionalism" Tynan, well, it might be time to put this game on steam already so you can afford to hire yourself some new "professionals."
It was Nine Fingers?

Sorry, got the wrong number...

Anyways, so your admitting your Nine fingers or are you just a hardcore fan of nine fingers or what...

PS: I never said I wanted you banned, I said I sensed a banned person.

Jaxxa

Quote from: skullywag on May 04, 2016, 07:11:07 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on May 04, 2016, 07:05:55 PM
I have been asked and have granted permission for my mods to be used in the mod pack.

Also With ED-ClosableVent and ED-ReverseCycleCooler being disabled I am currently working on compatibility patches for the BetterCoolers and BetterVents mods.

Jaxxa let me know if theres anything you need me to do to make life easier on that point.

Thanks for the offer, will let you know if I find something.

shampizle

Got this today it fixed itself once i built the walls

crusader2010

Quote from: shampizle on May 05, 2016, 04:29:49 AM

Never had that happen before. Was there anything special you did? Did you happen to add more mods to play with?

Undecided

I downloaded this modpack, and I'm having issues with visiting caravans not carrying (enough) ammo for their firearms, then just standing there spamming "Out of Ammo!" floating text rather than engaging in melee combat.

Anyone know what item in this pack might be causing this issue, and better yet, how to enable ammoless guns once again?

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 05, 2016, 03:31:40 PM
I downloaded this modpack, and I'm having issues with visiting caravans not carrying (enough) ammo for their firearms, then just standing there spamming "Out of Ammo!" floating text rather than engaging in melee combat.

Anyone know what item in this pack might be causing this issue, and better yet, how to enable ammoless guns once again?

In order to not use ammo for your weapons you'd need to disable the CombatRealism mod and download other versions of various others.

Ammo is crafted at the machining table which needs to be researched. Before that, you have 2 options:
1. Use turrets. Especially the manned one. There won't really be a need for weapons until later on.
2. Create short bows and arrows at the "crafting spot"(press "G" when in the Production tab), and hide behind sandbags and embrasures.

PS: don't forget to assign loadouts (press the "Assign" button from the bottom menu bar).

Undecided

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 05, 2016, 04:22:26 PM
In order to not use ammo for your weapons you'd need to disable the CombatRealism mod and download other versions of various others.

Ammo is crafted at the machining table which needs to be researched. Before that, you have 2 options:
1. Use turrets. Especially the manned one. There won't really be a need for weapons until later on.
2. Create short bows and arrows at the "crafting spot"(press "G" when in the Production tab), and hide behind sandbags and embrasures.

PS: don't forget to assign loadouts (press the "Assign" button from the bottom menu bar).

The problem isn't my guys, but rather, the AI's. I had one of my guys go bezerk, and rather than the entire caravan dropping him right away, most of them just stood back trying to fire out-of-ammo guns at him. This let my bezerking guy -- who are barehanded, by the way -- drop several of theirs single handed.

I can only image what would have happened if this were a fight against a more substantial enemy like a raider group. Either they'd all stand still shooting blanks until they starved to death, or whichever side had the most melee would wipe out the others.

--

Unrelated question, does anyone know how the auto-dressing/equipping functions work, where pawns pick up and equip gear without player input? I haven't played the game for several versions, so I'm not sure if this is a mod function or a core game function, and how it can be toggled off or modified.

ThatOtherPerson

shampizle

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 05, 2016, 05:00:33 AM

Never had that happen before. Was there anything special you did? Did you happen to add more mods to play with?
I do not have any other mods installed thats not in the pack. It started from the begining of a new game so there was no special instances or anything going on that would of been out of the ordinary

crusader2010

Quote from: shampizle on May 06, 2016, 12:02:45 AM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 05, 2016, 05:00:33 AM

I do not have any other mods installed thats not in the pack. It started from the begining of a new game so there was no special instances or anything going on that would of been out of the ordinary

It might be a graphics glitch of some sorts. Remember to always close the game and reopen it after you finished looking through the Mods menu (or press Escape instead of the Close button). Might be something related to that.

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 05, 2016, 05:14:31 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 05, 2016, 04:22:26 PM

The problem isn't my guys, but rather, the AI's. I had one of my guys go bezerk, and rather than the entire caravan dropping him right away, most of them just stood back trying to fire out-of-ammo guns at him. This let my bezerking guy -- who are barehanded, by the way -- drop several of theirs single handed.

I can only image what would have happened if this were a fight against a more substantial enemy like a raider group. Either they'd all stand still shooting blanks until they starved to death, or whichever side had the most melee would wipe out the others.

--

Unrelated question, does anyone know how the auto-dressing/equipping functions work, where pawns pick up and equip gear without player input? I haven't played the game for several versions, so I'm not sure if this is a mod function or a core game function, and how it can be toggled off or modified.

It looks like a CombatRealism bug (the final release version for A13 is not yet released so there might be glitches left to correct). I believe you should post about this bug in that mod's thread, after checking whether it's an already known issue or not.

Jaszczur

Been waiting for a HardCore SK modpack, but it's taking them too long. Thank You for your time invested in this work :).

RemingtonRyder

Yay I'm in a modpack. :D

It might be nice to write up the alternative method of changing modlist, which is to use the -savedatafolder="path/to/saves/foo/" to point to and load from a different save data folder. This includes the ModsConfig.xml so it's actually really easy to switch between playing different modpacks, especially if you have bags of hard disk space and extract a fresh RimWorld install folder for each modpack. :)