[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Quote from: doofustroofus on December 02, 2016, 05:53:27 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 02, 2016, 04:52:33 AM
Quote from: doofustroofus on December 02, 2016, 04:34:16 AM
Quote from: Knedl on November 15, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
I have also encountered the bug that I think was causing lot's of problems when NoImage released CR. The pawn that is designated to tame/train animals must first equip the food so it can tame/train. But the CR mod imediately drops the pawn's food since it's not set as equipment in pawn's weapon loadout. So the pawn get stuck in an endless loop picking up and imediately dropping the food. Sometimes there is the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" error. There is a way around tho lol as I found out when the pawn was stuck in a loop and the animal that was supposed to be trained came along and ate some food. The pawn then trained it and was unstuck till next day/train event. Still it's a bug and must be resolved (I think there were similar problems with doctors that got stuck when trying to use medikit). Hope you find and easy way around it, I know NoImage had problems with it but he did it so the solution must be buried somewhere in the code. I hope CCL get released soon since it should help. Thanks for upadting this mod it's an awesome one.

So wait, is there a fix for this bug or no?

i'll play with CR for a long time and never seen such error EVER.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/c5fc30617fb648eba633da2b819c7e48.png
http://image.prntscr.com/image/3eb2a21ca04e4ea7a5c537c5590d832a.png

Tame/training works fine without ANY errors for me.

Thats...nice for you I guess?

Edit: For anyone else experiencing the issue: in the process of starting a new game with just CR and core to reproduce the bug I found a workaround that's effective so far. If you put a food that can be used in training into the pawns loadout (berries for example) they'll train and tame without issue and replenish their inventory normally.

I got the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" bug too but it existed because of Killface's "Storage Search". Turns out it was conflicting with other hauling mods (Refactored Work Priorities for example) due to the existence of "Hauling Hysteresis".

I'd suggest publishing Hauling Hysteresis as a separate patch/mod to prevent compatibility issues, as soon as I removed Storage Search the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" never appeared again
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

doofustroofus

Quote from: joaonunes on December 02, 2016, 06:37:30 AM
I got the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" bug too but it existed because of Killface's "Storage Search". Turns out it was conflicting with other hauling mods (Refactored Work Priorities for example) due to the existence of "Hauling Hysteresis".

I'd suggest publishing Hauling Hysteresis as a separate patch/mod to prevent compatibility issues, as soon as I removed Storage Search the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" never appeared again

I was able to reproduce pawn getting stuck picking up food to train with just Core and Combat Realism enabled in mod list. Though I wouldn't be surprised if other mods can exacerbate the issue.

Fafn1r

I had early psychic ship event and thought it would be like 1 scyther. There were three, but my colonists one-shooted them with Lee Enfields and one frag grenade. Not what I expected, it was waaaaay too easy.

Another issue - raiders don't engage until they are very close or they are being shoot at. Again, it makes the game too easy with increased weapon range. But I have no clue yet how to even approach fixing this.

Razzoriel

Just to remind you guys: still having a bug where everything that can be built costs just 4 wood.

yavorh

Re-asking since there was no answer last time (busy thread, no biggie).

Trading with on-land peoples makes them overencumbered to the point where they can walk at the rate of 2 squares a day (not even joking). With mods such as Hospitality if someone dies on your terrain it gets a negative effect on the relations. This causes preeeetty immediate hate since the main trader gets overencumbered, cannot reach the border of the map to leave, everyone dies of starvation. Even without Hospitality, this is kind of.... Silly

Suggestion on how to fix:
Put in a statement in the code that checks if the current weight of the person is at least 5 above the max carry weight they can have. If (true) { set weight of person to 1 above max } . That way they won't be able to pick up any more items, due to weight max, but the overencumbarance (and thus speed debuff) won't be that horrifically dramatic... and you won't have to basically barely sell things to counter it.

KillaAnime

Warning might be a bug idk but if you pick up apparel not hual pick up you cant drop it.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Razzoriel on December 10, 2016, 06:19:42 PM
Just to remind you guys: still having a bug where everything that can be built costs just 4 wood.

What do you mean by "still"? Are you still playing the same save without any changes? Or did you made sure you have latest versions of the game and the mod and still there's that bug?

Quote from: yavorh on December 11, 2016, 07:56:52 AM
Trading with on-land peoples makes them overencumbered (...)

It's not a real fix, but I use Hospitality automatic selling to guests. They buy as much drugs as they can carry and I don't use manual trade.

Razzoriel

Quote from: Fafn1r on December 11, 2016, 04:09:50 PM

What do you mean by "still"? Are you still playing the same save without any changes? Or did you made sure you have latest versions of the game and the mod and still there's that bug?

I've downloaded the latest version, started a fresh save, and then tried building a generator. It was costing 4 wood to be created.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Razzoriel on December 11, 2016, 04:34:44 PM
I've downloaded the latest version, started a fresh save, and then tried building a generator. It was costing 4 wood to be created.

Rimworld 0.15.1284? If everything else fails, reinstall the game and delete your Ludeon Studios folder in AppData/LocalLow.

Devon_v

Quote from: Razzoriel on December 11, 2016, 04:34:44 PM
Quote from: Fafn1r on December 11, 2016, 04:09:50 PM

Latest game and mod works fine for me. Something may be lingering from an earlier install.

eeke1

I still have the core game "Turrets" research in the game. Researching it provides no turrets as I assume the mod replaces them with its own.

EDIT: Oh so the turrets are built from the machining table.

In that case there doesn't seem to be a point in even having the core turret research available. Can I just delete it from the defs?

Fafn1r

Quote from: eeke1 on December 13, 2016, 04:12:21 PM
I still have the core game "Turrets" research in the game. Researching it provides no turrets as I assume the mod replaces them with its own.

EDIT: Oh so the turrets are built from the machining table.

In that case there doesn't seem to be a point in even having the core turret research available. Can I just delete it from the defs?

You can't delete it, because that def is defined by Core. What you can do is copying code from new research to the old def and then removing the new, unnecessary one.

eeke1

Do you mean copy the new research defs to core? Or link turrets to the CR turret research by editing the dependency there?

Additionally what are the rules for reloading turrets?

I got it to work.. once, and now I can't reload it anymore (M240b). I've told my colonist to:

• Man the turret with the appropriate ammo
  • "Reload" when manning the turret

Nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Fafn1r

Quote from: eeke1 on December 14, 2016, 04:58:16 AM
Do you mean copy the new research defs to core? Or link turrets to the CR turret research by editing the dependency there?

No, no, no, don't copy anything to the Core. I prefer to gray out (with comments <!-- -->) new research, redefine old research, then change dependecies - leaving things where they are creates less confusion when someone else updates CR.

But you can just rename research defs and change dependency def name of automatic turrets recipe.

QuoteAdditionally what are the rules for reloading turrets?

I got it to work.. once, and now I can't reload it anymore (M240b). I've told my colonist to:

• Man the turret with the appropriate ammo
  • "Reload" when manning the turret

Nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Are you pressing reload button of the turret or of the colonist? I had this problem once. ;)

eeke1

That sounds reasonable.

As for reloading turrets I'm using reload on the turret while the colonist manning it is carrying the appropriate ammo type.

I've also tried simply hitting the "reload" button on the turret with no colonist manning it.

In both cases there is no reloading bar, it simply says that the state is "reloading" and it never goes anywhere other than that.