[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 09, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
The moment I stopped polling your page .. you bastard ! ...

and yes .. I want Dinos feasting on tasty Minions.

I'm also working on a more realistic predator-prey mechanic, where prey animals will avoid predators, and if the predator start hunting, all prey will starting running in the opposite direction.

I still thinking whether animals should run away if they are being shot at (that would make hunting ridiculously difficult, thus thinking)

This will be part of the dino mod (I may also add it as part of the minion mod and also a standalone version for ppl who hates me)

Canute

Use the flee behavior from pawns. Maybe turn hunting predator hostile.

Edit:
Good work on the V3.1 !
Minions works much better now, they even mine with passion :-)
But i think i need not to train all for hauling, so they concentrate more on cleaning.

SpaceDorf

Train the females for cleaning .. the get really slow once they are pregnant, so it is better to keep them at home anyways :)

- patriarchie explained by RW
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2017, 02:46:25 AM
Use the flee behavior from pawns. Maybe turn hunting predator hostile.

Edit:
Good work on the V3.1 !
Minions works much better now, they even mine with passion :-)
But i think i need not to train all for hauling, so they concentrate more on cleaning.

Great! I'm glad that they are loyal minions for you now~ =D

Canute

I play currently with the Apini (bee race) and they are very weak at mining by design. Thats why i choose the minions.

WalkingProblem

I have the Apini mod too; but I havent tried playing them yet.

Nowadays when I have free time, I'm just more interested working on mods... lol....

Minions will work for any evil villains who would willing to lead them~ =D

I thinking of creating a new game with Gru as the leader~

Canute

Hmm
Lonely surviver Gru, then you better teach your minion how to cook and plant or Gru will starve !
Don't forget the Leadership mod and set to diktatorship or a Minions will be president after a year ! :-)

Could you maybe made minions compactible with
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31660.0
?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 11, 2017, 06:25:35 AM
Hmm
Lonely surviver Gru, then you better teach your minion how to cook and plant or Gru will starve !
Don't forget the Leadership mod and set to diktatorship or a Minions will be president after a year ! :-)

?

Minions are "animals" not pawns. They dun involve with the election nor can they become a leader~

So no worries about that~ =D (yeap, i got the leadership mod)

---

For the neutering, I am now opening Rimworld with the mod installed (just installed) now and see whether there is an easy fix. =}

Get back to you soon.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 11, 2017, 06:25:35 AM

?

To enable Minions to be neutered (only males can be neutered, as I had experimented), you need to open the Neuter Animal Mod folder > Defs > RecipeDefs and open the Recipe_Neuter.xml with notepad.

When you scroll down, you will see a list of the animals, add the following at the end of the list:

<li>Minion</li>
<li>EvilMinion</li>

Save and restart your game. Male Minions will be able to be neutered.

=}

Let me know if there is a demand for a "compatibility mod add-on" to make Minions compatible; which I will then create a Minion-specific file that will not clash with the original mod (because I cannot just copy and paste the same file; I will need to create a separate "Recipe" in order not to overwrite the original)

WalkingProblem

I went ahead to just create the Minion's Compatibility Add-On for the Neuter Animal Mod. Just download and install the mod AFTER the Neuter Animal Mod.

Download Here: http://dinorim.mingjilim.com/sdm_downloads/kingdolphinguys-neuter-animal-mod-x-minions-compatibility-add-on/

---- edit ----

The Add-On is no longer required, if you download Neuter Animals V2.0

WalkingProblem

I would like to collect feedbacks and suggestions for Version 4.0.

So I can slowly work on them when I'm sick of dinosaurs.

I currently thinking of adding the Giant Minion into the mod. Any other ideas?

Canute

Minions are still animals, even when they work very well now they are still limited.
So i think they need an advanced training to give them pawn status.
Once a Minion got adault status and is fully trained you can restrict his zone to a special operation table (Research) to give him a special hypno training or a mind expanding control chip.
Turn single Animal Minions into single pawn Minions like the robots from haplo.
They will need a special bed, special food/meal. But loose the ability to reproduce themself.
But they can equip appearal/tools/weapon and will be able to do simple crafting/cooking.
2 or more different training as worker and hunter.
Hunter can equip weapon, do hunting,combat and firefight.
Worker can craft,tailor,smithing,cooking,mining.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 18, 2017, 02:47:52 AM
Minions are still animals, even when they work very well now they are still limited.
So i think they need an advanced training to give them pawn status.
Once a Minion got adault status and is fully trained you can restrict his zone to a special operation table (Research) to give him a special hypno training or a mind expanding control chip.
Turn single Animal Minions into single pawn Minions like the robots from haplo.
They will need a special bed, special food/meal. But loose the ability to reproduce themself.
But they can equip appearal/tools/weapon and will be able to do simple crafting/cooking.
2 or more different training as worker and hunter.
Hunter can equip weapon, do hunting,combat and firefight.
Worker can craft,tailor,smithing,cooking,mining.

hmmm... interesting idea

AngleWyrm

Minions have a natural property about them that makes them different from most other animals: Size of the herd.

In combat this means presenting multiple targets, the effects of a school of fish or a herd of grazers. It confounds and redistributes targeting, increasing survival of it's members.

Each attack still has all its natural abilities, but the chance of selecting and hitting some other target becomes more likely where there is a pack. So how to do this without simulating chances on top of the emergent behavior of mob melee combat?

Maybe receiving an injury causes the individual to back off for a moment, so that others may step in and become the meat shields, distributing damage across the pack.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 18, 2017, 01:36:58 PM

Minions have a natural property about them that makes them different from most other animals: Size of the herd.

In combat this means presenting multiple targets, the effects of a school of fish or a herd of grazers. It confounds and redistributes targeting, increasing survival of it's members.

Each attack still has all its natural abilities, but the chance of selecting and hitting some other target becomes more likely where there is a pack. So how to do this without simulating chances on top of the emergent behavior of mob melee combat?

Maybe receiving an injury causes the individual to back off for a moment, so that others may step in and become the meat shields, distributing damage across the pack.

Hmm... I not sure how this can be done for melee, since anyone naturally choose one target to kill first before the other.

But for the range, this is already happening.

Minions typically takes down much more powerful opponents because they fight as a pack. Individually, they wouldnt even beat a human pawn. But in a pack of even just 3 or 4, they easily take down strong melee opponents.

But to make them back off when hit, they actually becomes less effective in combat, as their individual combat strength comes from their fast punching speed. Making them move around more rather than attack will make them really useless in one on one situation (i do understand you mean when they fight as a pack).

Altering the combat programming just to enable something like that will cause this mod to be incompatible with many other mods. So its unlikely I can make this work right...

But interesting thing to think about. I personal like to see them fight, they tend to be really effective against melee opponents, but their lower health makes them really weak against ranged opponents