[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Belgrath on May 02, 2017, 08:01:42 AM
Is there some way to slow down the amout of wild Minions walking through the map?
I have so many minions groups turn up and hang around for ages that they are now dieing of malnutrition.

It sounds a lot like a mod clash. Because Minions wanders in and out of maps. They by right do not stay in the map for more than a few days.

Is there any mods that may have features that alters the behaviors of animals or Thrumbo passes?

But anyway, if they die = food and yellow for you. LOL~ (sorry thats not helping)

WalkingProblem

Just completed a long mod conflict testing:

RIMSLAVES 1.1 / MINIONS 3.1
KNOWN MOD CONFLICT:

Hunt For Me
- seriously affect work to only sporadic mining/sweeping

Hardworking Animal
- causes the slaves/minions to only sweep floor
- will not do other jobs

( also tested is Smarter Food Selection - no conflict found)

WalkingProblem

Minions is now updated to RimWorld A17~!!! Yay~~~

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30647.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/rimworld-minions-mod-ver4-0-for-a17-released/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912714398
DEVELOPER'S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem

KNOWN MOD CONFLICT:
"Hunt For Me" mod - seriously affect work to only sporadic mining/sweeping
"Hardworking Animal" mod - causes the slaves/minions to only sweep floor, will not do other jobs

——

CHANGELOG VER4.0
– updated to A17
– removed Minions and Evil Minions from vanilla manhunting events
– created Minions' own manhunting event
– created Evil Minions' own manhunting event

E_T

Put in a Random Banana Plant Event, where when a plant sprouts and is ready to harvest, the Minions go nuts.  Also an event/quest were a fabled land of Bananas (or some such thing) that the Minions might break away if you don't go and fulfill the quest.  Also, with the new roads and rivers system, maybe a event of a passing Banana merchant or a boat of bananas that they try to capture....
WIP

SpaceDorf

Quote from: E_T on June 05, 2017, 11:57:58 PM
Put in a Random Banana Plant Event, where when a plant sprouts and is ready to harvest, the Minions go nuts.  Also an event/quest were a fabled land of Bananas (or some such thing) that the Minions might break away if you don't go and fulfill the quest.  Also, with the new roads and rivers system, maybe a event of a passing Banana merchant or a boat of bananas that they try to capture....

I like the Idea. But as for the movies and short-movies there are not only Bananas that make Minions go mad but also Apples and Ice Cream ( ref. End of the Short-Movie "Banana" where they suddenly fixate on an apple; Despicable Me 2 where a horde of minions is captured by an Ice Cream Truck )

Ck's Jungle Biome Mod and Vegetable Garden ( I think ) allready have Banana Trees included.
Another Possibility would be if the Minions prefered raw fruit over everything else and would get a positive hediff for a few hours.

-----------

Due to mods and other shenanigans I never got far with my colonies in A17, but I noticed that I got a lot more Minion Events in Year one than I got in A16.  About 4-6 Minion Travelers and one or two minion Manhunters.
I used different Storytellers. Randy Random between Expert and Insanity and
a Modded "Randy on Steroids " also in the upper tiers.

I would love to finally see some 2 or 3 purples instead of 120 yellows ..

----------------

Another thing I that annoys me is the age related sickness of the minions.
The Minion Event sound like a retirement home on a daytrip.
90% have Asthma and/or Dementia and are in other way useless.
Also the first breeders leech up my medicine stockpiles and speedlevel my doctors.
which is annoying and feels cheaty at the same time.
If you could stretch out the lifecycle a bit it would help quite a bit.

Teenage Minions allready get pregnant and are large enough to be fully trained.
So if you stretch Baby and Toddler to 30 days each and teenage from 1 year to .. 500
and the general livetime down to 2000 it should remove the problem completely.

Or just remove those sickness from the Minions completely.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

As mentioned by SpaceDorf, other mods include bananas... So if I make my own, the Minions will appear to prefer one banana tree over another, or one banana over another.

It wouldnt make sense.
Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 06, 2017, 03:19:58 AM

I like the Idea. But as for the movies and short-movies there are not only Bananas that make Minions go mad but also Apples and Ice Cream ( ref. End of the Short-Movie "Banana" where they suddenly fixate on an apple; Despicable Me 2 where a horde of minions is captured by an Ice Cream Truck )

Ck's Jungle Biome Mod and Vegetable Garden ( I think ) allready have Banana Trees included.
Another Possibility would be if the Minions prefered raw fruit over everything else and would get a positive hediff for a few hours.

-----------

Due to mods and other shenanigans I never got far with my colonies in A17, but I noticed that I got a lot more Minion Events in Year one than I got in A16.  About 4-6 Minion Travelers and one or two minion Manhunters.
I used different Storytellers. Randy Random between Expert and Insanity and
a Modded "Randy on Steroids " also in the upper tiers.

I would love to finally see some 2 or 3 purples instead of 120 yellows ..

----------------

Another thing I that annoys me is the age related sickness of the minions.
The Minion Event sound like a retirement home on a daytrip.
90% have Asthma and/or Dementia and are in other way useless.
Also the first breeders leech up my medicine stockpiles and speedlevel my doctors.
which is annoying and feels cheaty at the same time.
If you could stretch out the lifecycle a bit it would help quite a bit.

Teenage Minions allready get pregnant and are large enough to be fully trained.
So if you stretch Baby and Toddler to 30 days each and teenage from 1 year to .. 500
and the general livetime down to 2000 it should remove the problem completely.

Or just remove those sickness from the Minions completely.

Minions are animals, and animals have no mood boosting or debuffs. They only get mental breaks....

Plus if I do a behavior based on an item from another mod, its going to cause a lot of errors.

As for the incident frequency, let me check on that. Perhaps I will release an update to fix these issues if I see what is a better setting.

As for age related sickness, it can't be helped given how long their lives are. My suggestion is to just slaughter the old ones the moment they give birth. For me, I sent them to fight against raiders. Reducing their lifespan to 2000 won't fix this problem.

For life cycle, Minions are meant to be bred for war. So they need to grow up a lot faster than most other animals (they need to be more like Chickens~ LOL). So they grow up to a full adult in a year (which also make slaughtering the old sickly ones okay).

Another way is "dun start with Minions"...Try to tame them... LOL~

I personally start with 20 of them, 10 male 10 females (as my colony starts with 10-11 elites soldiers from heaven) - most of them do not survive to the end of the first year, due to all the war and fighting. In fact, I think only 10-20% of the newborns would make it to adulthood. I'm literally fighting with baby and child minions after a year. (these is A16 experience). Oh, and that colony died after I got wiped by Evil Minion manhunting event.

But I noted all the issues, if I can fix, I will. If I can't, then thats call Game Mechanics.

LOL

Canute

QuoteFor life cycle, Minions are meant to be bred for war. So they need to grow up a lot faster than most other animals (they need to be more like Chickens~ LOL). So they grow up to a full adult in a year (which also make slaughtering the old sickly ones okay).
Maybe you should inject some DNA code from Star Trek tribbles.
Didn't the doc said, they were born pregnant ? :-)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2017, 05:19:14 AM
QuoteFor life cycle, Minions are meant to be bred for war. So they need to grow up a lot faster than most other animals (they need to be more like Chickens~ LOL). So they grow up to a full adult in a year (which also make slaughtering the old sickly ones okay).

Amoebas?

....... hmm.... ... lmao

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 06, 2017, 05:53:05 AM
Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2017, 05:19:14 AM

Amoebas?

....... hmm.... ... lmao

According to the Intro of the Minions Movie ... they kind of are ..

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 06, 2017, 05:07:15 AM

Minions are animals, and animals have no mood boosting or debuffs. They only get mental breaks....
Plus if I do a behavior based on an item from another mod, its going to cause a lot of errors.

Yes but Implants and Drugs can buff animals.
That was what I meant.
Some food type ( fruit ) could give the minions a tiny boost.
And if you use a food category, then the mod either uses those too, or the mod does not work with yours, which is a common enough problem to only cause minor grumbling.
I think you can even sort the order in which animals consume food.

As for the incident frequency, let me check on that. Perhaps I will release an update to fix these issues if I see what is a better setting.

Thank you :)

As for age related sickness, it can't be helped given how long their lives are. My suggestion is to just slaughter the old ones the moment they give birth. For me, I sent them to fight against raiders. Reducing their lifespan to 2000 won't fix this problem.

For life cycle, Minions are meant to be bred for war. So they need to grow up a lot faster than most other animals (they need to be more like Chickens~ LOL). So they grow up to a full adult in a year (which also make slaughtering the old sickly ones okay).

Thats how I handle things so far, I also neuter the mass of my female minions to keep the numbers somewhat in check.

What I also meant with changing the livecycle is, that Teenage Minions are more or less equal to Adults in Gameplay Terms. I think they can't rescue but I might confuse this with the children->teen step.
So if you lengthen the teenage part of the lifecycle and shorten the overall livecycle the overall percentage of invalid and retired minions should be smaller, while the overall effectiveness stays the same.

But I noted all the issues, if I can fix, I will. If I can't, then thats call Game Mechanics.

Spoken like a true developer  8)

WalkingProblem

New adult Minions literally hardly ever get any health problems.

So there is really no need to increase teenage life for them. The health problems only exist for "existing minions" which had already lived for hundreds if not thousands of years~

Canute

When minions can live thousands of years, and they can reproduce that fast, why doesn't the whole planet is covered with minions ?
Even when they are weak, just the mass of them could overrun anything.
Try to give them the lifespan of a human or double of a dog.
Wasn't RW supost to give entities above a special age these age effects by default. That why most of these 200+ years old got these.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2017, 02:06:40 PM
When minions can live thousands of years, and they can reproduce that fast, why doesn't the whole planet is covered with minions ?
Even when they are weak, just the mass of them could overrun anything.
Try to give them the lifespan of a human or double of a dog.
Wasn't RW supost to give entities above a special age these age effects by default. That why most of these 200+ years old got these.

"making up reasons".... because they kept dying for all sort of reasons~ Especially following the wrong masters~

Which is why the planets is not full of them~ =P

AngleWyrm

Quote"making up reasons".... because they kept dying for all sort of reasons~ Especially following the wrong masters~

I like to think Tribbles came from a world where a natural predator co-created the evolution of their copious fertility.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

I have the problem that my other trained animals don't haul ( Wolves and Dogs, Elephant soon ) ..
did anyone else notice this problem ?

I am trying to figure out where it comes from.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 13, 2017, 12:53:48 PM
I have the problem that my other trained animals don't haul ( Wolves and Dogs, Elephant soon ) ..
did anyone else notice this problem ?

I am trying to figure out where it comes from.

Minions now run on their own thought process (which means the monster girls can no longer do work like minions) - so if normal animals dun haul, it must be some mod causing it. Minions no longer touch vanilla animal thought process.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 07, 2017, 03:01:51 PM

Quote"making up reasons".... because they kept dying for all sort of reasons~ Especially following the wrong masters~

I like to think Tribbles came from a world where a natural predator co-created the evolution of their copious fertility.

Minions lives in the RimWorld, which is full of zombies, arachnids, wild creatures and creatures of the cthulu.... its no wonder...lol

Like in my own game play, 90% of my baby minions never made it to adulthood~