A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domkrat282

Sorry for my broken English.

jmababa

Quote from: Vincent on November 10, 2016, 11:11:17 PM
Quote from: O Negative on November 10, 2016, 05:21:58 PM
As the person who started the thread, I feel a little hypocritical saying this, but it needs to be said...

Let's not over-hype this, guys.
Tynan hasn't revealed any real information regarding Alpha 16's new world systems, and we can't just go around assuming all these great things.
People are starting to bring up No Man's Sky, jokingly, but every joke has some truth behind it.

It's okay to be excited. It's okay to be hyped.
However, a lot of you are going to be incredibly disappointed in A16 (and Tynan) if you keep assuming it's going to have everything you've ever wanted in RimWorld.
And, in my opinion, that's not okay...

Sorry but what was wrong in No Man's Sky hype was that devs flat out lied (even weeks before release) about what would be in the game. Tynan never did that.

I think it's totally ok to hype ourself for A16, and I hope there will be some kind of multiplayer then. We just need to be mature about it, I already love the game so I don't see the problem.

yup its fine to hype this game he's always correct about what's coming up next

Jimyoda

Quote from: Domkrat282 on November 11, 2016, 02:17:45 AM
Quote from: JesterHell on November 10, 2016, 11:33:04 PM
Quote from: Vincent on November 10, 2016, 10:18:18 AM
Multiplayer !  ;)

no, just no.
Psst, do you want some z-levels?

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2014, 07:44:03 PM
As giant mega-difficult features go, this isn't my favorite. I'd do multiplayer before this, if I were to do either one of them.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Vincent

On a dev point of view multiplayer would be a lot easier implement than z-levels, it doesn't need to be like 2 players plays on a map at the same time. One mod even implement multiplayer https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564

mumblemumble

I honestly hope its not multiplayer, this would be really sad, imo if thats what it is, rather than a traveling feature...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Domkrat282

Relax, guys, i'm against z-levels (and against multiplayer too). These too much requested features will break current game philosophy. Game need revision of existing mechanichs and UI - both of them overloaded. Glad to see this revision (as i can remember Tynan want rework UI) and adding global map for interesting lategame - we will see what will happen.

Vincent

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 11, 2016, 04:54:23 AM
I honestly hope its not multiplayer, this would be really sad, imo if thats what it is, rather than a traveling feature...

I don't understand why would you be "sad" to have a multiplayer option

JesterHell

Quote from: Domkrat282 on November 11, 2016, 02:17:45 AM
Psst, do you want some z-levels?

I would take Z-levels but I don't think its gonna happen unfortunately, too much cost for too little reward.

Quote from: Jimyoda on November 11, 2016, 02:45:12 AM
Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2014, 07:44:03 PM
As giant mega-difficult features go, this isn't my favorite. I'd do multiplayer before this, if I were to do either one of them.

An unfortunate truth... I'd rather neither then just multiplayer... I hate multiplayer.

Quote from: Vincent on November 11, 2016, 04:52:03 AM
On a dev point of view multiplayer would be a lot easier implement than z-levels, it doesn't need to be like 2 players plays on a map at the same time. One mod even implement multiplayer https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564

And??? my opposition to multiplayer is that its a feature I would literally get no benefit out of not that it would be hard to implement, I don't play multiplayer games... they have a tendency to make my blood boil when I do play them.

I don't think anyone was genuinly saying this update will have MP just that it would work great with it... at lest I hope so.

Quote from: Vincent on November 11, 2016, 05:03:03 AM

I cant' speak for old Mumbles there but personally I just don't like or enjoy playing multiplayer and feel that time spent developing and supporting it with such a small team could be better spent on literally anything from more bug fixes, better UI, more research and production, better pawn "personality" or the addition of Tran-Animals "races" from the long sleep briefing.

Domkrat282

Multiplayer is not just option and drain of developers resourses, it is complete rebalance of game - and not obliviously to the good side for single-players. Look at Paradox grand strategy games - they slowly becoming more multiplayer-oriented and i feel what it is not good.

Vincent

Quote from: JesterHell on November 11, 2016, 05:10:26 AM
I cant' speak for old Mumbles there but personally I just don't like or enjoy playing multiplayer and feel that time spent developing and supporting it with such a small team could be better spent on literally anything from more bug fixes, better UI, more research and production, better pawn "personality" or the addition of Tran-Animals "races" from the long sleep briefing.

Well it's too late to worry about that now  :P either Tynan implemented multiplayer and giving up on it now would be a waste or he didn't and well literally anything else could roll out (but probably not z levels)

JesterHell

Quote from: Vincent on November 11, 2016, 05:23:01 AM
Well it's too late to worry about that now  :P either Tynan implemented multiplayer and giving up on it now would be a waste or he didn't and well literally anything else could roll out (but probably not z levels)

I'm not worried, I personally feel confident that its not multiplayer but "simply" a complete restructure of world generation and entity (pirates, tribal, outlanders) interaction, but if it is multiplayer then Jimyoda's quote from Tynan about doing multiplayer before z-levels is the first thing that come to mind.

If A16 has multiplayer then A17 has Z-levels.

mumblemumble

Not so much sad it being an option, but added instead of CONTENT....

netcode, balance, code for interactions, balancing new features would mean FAAAAAAR less content.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Vincent

From the teasers I can't see any clue of new content, I doubt there will be any as we  got content in A15

jmababa

Me i understand him he dosen't want to get raided while he's offline. Happened to me lots of times in Last Stand dead Zone man i hate that