If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alerules22

I recently installed RimWorld on my mac, but it won't open or start whatsoever. What can I do?

Johhnaz

Please need help, i get this then i start game..

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

StealthHunterX

HELP! so, I accidentally closed out core, then my screen lost all the buttons. Realizing that this was a mistake I Exited out, and stated it up again. This time, The screen wouldn't move from being black. I've tried to re-download and try again 3 different times, but it is still black. I don't know what do do and id love to play again. (I've been starved of Rimworld for a couple of days now D: )

Tynan

Quote from: StealthHunterX on November 27, 2014, 01:06:48 PM
HELP! so, I accidentally closed out core, then my screen lost all the buttons. Realizing that this was a mistake I Exited out, and stated it up again. This time, The screen wouldn't move from being black. I've tried to re-download and try again 3 different times, but it is still black. I don't know what do do and id love to play again. (I've been starved of Rimworld for a couple of days now D: )

Look at the first post in this thread. Step 5. Just delete config, your saves are ok.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StealthHunterX

Quote from: Tynan on November 27, 2014, 01:07:59 PM
Quote from: StealthHunterX on November 27, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

Look at the first post in this thread. Step 5. Just delete config, your saves are ok.

I play on windows, and also i couldnt find the cache in my documents

StealthHunterX

What I meant was, My AppData is Hidden, and I have not a clue so as to find it. :/. Is there any other way to delete my save files? or Redownload it and not have the bad save files?

Tynan

Quote from: StealthHunterX on November 27, 2014, 01:12:42 PM
What I meant was, My AppData is Hidden, and I have not a clue so as to find it. :/. Is there any other way to delete my save files? or Redownload it and not have the bad save files?

To be a bit flippant

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+find+hidden+files

Or just type "AppData" in the address bar.

StealthHunterX

I have windows 7 but you led me on to the right track. Thank you and I just want to let you know you are an incredible developer and this is easily one of the best games ive ever played, and the best game of this category

Tynan

Thank you :) Working on keeping things good for y'all.

Entityofsin

I am on Win7 and did the whole delete config files thing. Didn't fix the black screen.

Tynan

Quote from: Entityofsin on December 01, 2014, 12:35:56 AM
I am on Win7 and did the whole delete config files thing. Didn't fix the black screen.

Delete your RimWorld install and reinstall it clean.

Entityofsin

Thanks.. that seemed to do the job nicely.  8)

timmult

Just spend my last download try (for some reason download link didn't refresh with alpha8 release) and finally got alpha8.

Game runs nicely, new colonies creates perfect, but old saves load just black screen. Checked this thread, deleted all RimWorld old files, delete all config files. But same thing - my previos alpa version saves load only black screen, music and coursor.

It's not a tragedy, but i was dreaming to finish my spaceship and continue my story from forest to frosty tundra.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: timmult on December 10, 2014, 03:46:24 PM
Just spend my last download try (for some reason download link didn't refresh with alpha8 release) and finally got alpha8.

Game runs nicely, new colonies creates perfect, but old saves load just black screen. Checked this thread, deleted all RimWorld old files, delete all config files. But same thing - my previos alpa version saves load only black screen, music and coursor.

It's not a tragedy, but i was dreaming to finish my spaceship and continue my story from forest to frosty tundra.

Old saves (and worlds) are almost never going to work for a new alpha, for future reference. If you have a game you particularly want to finish, you should do so before you download the new alpha.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

StorymasterQ

Alpha game is alpha, as Stuff+ says.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here